"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 27 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the 27th installment of the largest Young Justice discussion thread online!

Series Description: New twists, turns and dangerous new threats for the Team. This series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

#1 Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

To continue the topic I personally think this show had the best incarnation of Dick Grayson yet, while I do like the one in Batman TAS I can understand why Greg wouldn't like the idea of Batman and Nightwing having a falling out since that would lead to Gotham having no protector without Bruce and Dick becoming Nightwing was more about him establishing his identity not because he was mad at Bruce the way I see it they only had a falling out because Dick was going to college out of state.

In my opinion the worst incarnation Dick would was in Teen Titans his determination and ego issue just seemed empty without any revealed backstory, there's being subtle and then just lazy writing and giving characterization out of no where. What bothered me most was how he became determined enough to almost kill his own friends seriously they never go into why at all that and the who is Slade thing make me think the writers for Teen Titans had no idea what they were doing. Personally I do like the idea of having a character obsessed but I liked better when they did it with Batman you know what they were doing in JLU at the same time as Teen Titans. Which brings back to Young Justice I like the fact that he realizes he doesn't want to have the huge determination that he had like in Teen Titans he doesn't want to become obsessed and kill his team mates in the name of a mission he doesn't want to be like Batman at all. Nightwing may have risked everyone by putting Kaldurr and Artemis undercover but at least he was willing trust them to do there own thing . That's why he's probably my favorite incarnation in Young Justice. I also like to think the main reason Nighting is so serious is because of the death of Jason Todd and knowing if he hadn't given up the mantle he might have lived.

3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I have been wondering why Impulse's apocalyptic future (2056) hasn't been completey whiped out at the end of the episode ''Bloodlines''?
    Impulse saved the world by putting that blue pill on Neutron's body, and Blue Beetle managed to get fully control over his scarab in the episode ''Intervention''.
    So what did occur the apocalypse?

I have the feeling I am missing something important. (It has been a few months since I watched the series) But I can't find any answers on ToonZone or Wikia.

4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I may be stepping on Yojimbo's territory, as he's more prone to helping with stuff like this. A website called Askgreg (as in writer producer Greg Weisman) can help. I found a possible answer.
    Search Ask Greg : Gargoyles : Station Eight

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It's hard to say because the last scene in "Bloodlines" is relative to when Impulse saves Neutron in the past. He still had other things to alter in the past to prevent the Reach apocalypse. As season two progressed, I'm sure the 2056 era changed even more. It's too bad we didn't see how different 2056 looked like by the end of "Endgame". All we know is Impulse wasn't able to help prevent the destruction of Mount Justice so it's possible nothing was ever done (i.e. a new base was never built in its place).

By no mines are you doing so. Time travel and Hypertime makes me cross-eyed. ;)

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Especially so when dealing with it in comic books :sweat:.

7. Nygma

Nygma Active Member

Actually the way time travel worked according to Greg is that the minute you go back in time, time will take into account all the changes made to the stream, not just one at a time. Also I can't remember the specific question, but @ station 8, Greg noted that at the bottom of the screen at the end of Bloodlines, a VERY SMALL amount of Happy Harbor can be seen. He also noted that the rain of ash disappearing as well. Nathaniel just ASSUMED nothing changed because of Mount Justice being destroyed.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool. Hope they do a Blu-Ray for Invasion.

9. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Wow! Thank you for clearing this up :)

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I give this show a lot of credit for giving Wally so much to do, during his run on the Titans Marv Wolfman had no idea what to do with his character being the most normal person on the team but Greg Wiesman made him work

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

At LBCC, WAC announced there will be a Young Justice: Invasion Blu-Ray and it will have special features. But I'm sure some will gripe about the menu screen.
    https://twitter.com/WarnerArchive/status/515970346277560320

Thinking of the possible release date... Hmm, considering Season 1's Blu-Ray was announced July 21 and it came out in August 12, maybe the Invasion Blu will come out in October 14 or 21.

13. TheSkeletonMan93

If that's true, it's far sooner than I'd expected.

I hope the special features are actually decent.

14. the greenman

*Sigh* Yeah, not going to complain about menu screen. ;P

15. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

*Must resist urge to complain about the menu screen*

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Two long standing questions answered courtesy of Mr. Weisman! Freddy Freeman has the A-06 designation and Mary Bromfield, A-07.
    Search Ask Greg : Gargoyles : Station Eight

For the record, the A's were
    A-01 Lucas Carr
    A-02 Catherine Cobert
    A-03 Zatanna Zatara
    A-04 Vandal Savage, Jason Bard (in Failsafe simulation), John Smith
    A-05 Billy Batson
    A-06 Freddy Freeman
    A-07 Mary Bromfield
    A-10 Mal Duncan
    A-11 Adam Strange
    A-12 Blue Beetle
    A-13 Jay Garrick

So I suppose A-08 is Garfield Logan and 09 is either Blue Devil, Peacemaker or Jim Harper.

17. Nygma

Nygma Active Member

On that note, shouldn't A-14 have been Bart Allen/Impulse since they didn't know that his trip was one way? It doesn't make much sense to me for them to waste a B-designation like that on an unsure thing.

18. the greenman

Been a long time since I saw it, but wasn't Green Beetle given an A designation?

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought once the machine was shown to be non-functioning and Bart admitted he didn't know how to fix it, they was sussed out it was a one way trip and Impulse joined the Team officially.

Nope. They didn't let him in any of their bases. They had meetings involving him at the Kent farm and S.T.A.R. Labs initially. Never at a base.

20. Nygma

Nygma Active Member

Yes but before even knowing that, they would have to let Bart have AUTHORIZED ACCESS to even enter the cave again to use the time machine, since he was an intruder to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.