1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 20 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkdetective

darkdetective Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer

In the comics, Impulse was (atleast at first) much more powerful than Wally, being able to vibrate thru walls and whatnot. He wasn't so great at controlling his powers though, and when we first meet him he looks around 12 or so but is actually closer to 4, it just took him a while (actually, it was due to Wally's help) to get his speed (and aging) under control. (eventually Wally does become more powerful, but that's later. Keep in mind that pre-crisis, every time Wally used his powers, it was killing him.)

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Good Speculation.

3. ShamarDJ

ShamarDJ Member

4. Cleg25

Cleg25 Member

Yeah, I know all about that. I was just pointing out that at the moment Wally's number three on the speedster depth chart in terms of pure power (not counting Jay). And I'm assuming that Bart was born with his powers, which would mean he's had his longer than Wally as well. Plus, Bart mentioned that his dad taught him some tricks of the trade (with the wind funnel move). So it stands reason that Bart might have just as much control, if not more, of his powers than Wally does for now.

I do find it interesting that all the other five members of the original team have seemingly evolved in the first seven episodes of S2. Nightwing, M'Gann, and Superboy have seemingly stepped up into their mentor's place (in a sense) with Batman, J'onn, and Superman off planet. Artemis and Kaldur have become Tigress and Black Manta Jr respectively. Meanwhile, Wally's still Kid Flash (though retired) and appears to have the same power-set as he did in S1. Which is why I'm interested to see how the show handles Wally's powers and place within the Flash legacy from here on out. That's if they choose to do that, of course.

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Not to mention Bart being born in Post Apocalyptic Hell Scape has more motive to train hard and long then Wally does.

6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Is that heat vision hitting Black Beetle?

Still I wonder what the league response will be if they do get convicted.

8. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Is the 'alien gladiator' the Black Beetle?

I figured we would be seeing the Justice League's trial soon.

It's likely that Aqualad's cover will be blown in "Before the Dawn", if that's the one where Miss Martian confronts him (assuming he isn't outed in "Darkest"). I can see Artemis staying as an undercover agent even after Aqualad's been exposed though.

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Oh no doubt miss martian will screw things up then again it will be hilarious to see miss martian getting all self righteous over lying and dirty tactics. Seen as she lied to the team and loves frying people's brains.

10. Jimothy

Jimothy Member

If Kaldur were found out, wouldn't Artemis as well? Based on the last scene in episode 7 and the trailer, it looks like he brought her on board and she's sticking with him. They'd need a pretty good backstory to explain how this girl that came out of nowhere and was recommended by Kaldur isn't in league with him.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Yeah that is very good point.

12. graysongirl

graysongirl Active Member

hmm yea, if Kaldur's caught they're both in trouble. Though just because the episode description says it'll show where he really lies in allegance to, that doesn't mean that it'll show it to the characters. maybe only the viewers, or maybe even just a few team members.

13. Northern Sun

Northern Sun Member

I agree with Jimothy, if Kaldur gets exposed there's no way the Light would trust someone he brought on board. Plus Wally would probably throw a fit if she was stuck undercover alone without anyone watching her back.

I also doubt he'll be exposed in "Darkest". I imagine it will be like "Insecurity" where the secrets came close to coming out but in the end only set up the reveal later. The fact that they'd have that episode so soon tells me that Kaldur and Artemis' reveal and return might take place sooner, like in the November block(assuming there's a full set of new YJ episodes airing in November).

Regardless of when the big reveal is, I imagine a few people will figure it out or begin to heavily suspect throughout the course of the season. Like if Jade attacks Kaldur, Tigress stops her, and Jade recognizes the fighting style.

14. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord Active Member

"Before the Dawn" sounds interesting; I'm guessing Miss Martian and Beetle are gonna find out about Aqualad and Artemis. Heh, knew that cover wouldn't last long. :p

One thing that's a bit disappointing is that it doesn't look like they're gonna cover the JLA on trial. Hope they get to that soon. :(

15. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Where do Mas y Menos fit in the charts? They are potential speedsters for future use. Anyway, it's too bad Greg disowned the speedforce in Earth 16. Good to see the synopsis for future eps. Clear to see the truth will create frictions on the team. I hope we find out just what the Light is up to a little more and pray it isn't something like turning all mankind into apes. :p Curious about relationships within the Light since the bust up. Hope we see more operatives. I thought the gladiator might be Mongol, but could be Despero or a Fourth World character.

16. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

They grew in power throughout the comics (Which I'm probably gonna get jumped on for saying on the forum). And it was bad enough they robbed Superboy of Rocker Rebel Always smiling personality

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Well Wally can still grow but Superboy is screwed he is never going to be as Strong as Superman with his current limitations. So I can see his fans being annoyed with that fact.

18. Jimothy

Jimothy Member

It just occurred to me that since we never saw the League leadership change hands last season, then the annual vote must be during this six-month period. Would be a cool thing to see.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Mongol and Draaga jumped to mind when I read 'alien gladiator' and this turned up in search humorously enough, this dude

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

League Campaign would be interesting wonder if they have debates?

Still I wonder what the Process for team leadership is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.