1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 17 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFlash4444

TheFlash4444 "Babe you rock."

I remember seeing the description for Earthlings along with the rest of this month's episodes when they were released though. I personally didn't care for Earthlings. After a season overfilled with Superboy and Miss Martian now their "break-up" is front and center for them to overfill on appearances this season. Granted I do like them a lot better this season it's just too much when you have the rest of the original cast who have made some big changes in the 5 years like Dick becoming Nightwing and the leader of the Team yet he still has no focus episode and Alienated was League/protege focused so it doesn't count as much to me, Wally and Artemis who left the Team for college and Aqualad who has turned the dark side. I think all of these things are far more interesting than their break-up. Happy New Year and Earthlings to me have some interesting moments in them but the episodes as a whole seem to fall flat with too much going on that it's hard to get completely invested into them. To me Alienated and Salavge work much better because they aren't so focused on Superboy and Miss Martian's problems (very little but still) but in turn are focused on the big questions everyone wanted to now: what happened to Aqualad? He turned to dark side due to Tula's death and being lied to about who his real father was by the Team and Aquaman respectively and then what happened to Wally and Artemis? They have quit the hero gig for unknown reasons but are still going strong while living together and going to college. To me those things alone made Alienated and Salvage trump Happy New Year and Earthlings easily.

I'm really excited for this week's episode and especially Bloodlines and I hope to see my and everyone's theory come true. ;)

Ah thank you very much! It looks like it's going to be a great episode! I loves me an all female hero episode! ^_^

2. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

The episode Depths has been listed for June 9. An Aqualad focus?

3. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Please be an Atlantis episode with Garth and some explanation on Orm...

4. Zomg

Zomg Member

We're still getting new episodes in June?! I'm shocked, beyond shocked, flabbergasted even. This has to be he longest run of new Young Justice episodes so far.

5. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

If we get new episodes all June, it will tie it up with the first batch of episodes for longest run.

6. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Actually, this is already the longest run of new episodes. From "Misplaced" to "Depths" is 15 episodes.

I doubt that there will be any more new episodes after "Depths" until September, because then there would be 13 episodes of season 2 left to coincide with the second half of Green Lantern's first season (as someone else already predicted earlier in this thread).

7. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

oh you're right, I was starting from the beginning of season 2. Your logic makes sense, but let's just wait for the schedule.

8. quigonkenny

quigonkenny Active Member

Actually, episodes 1-10 through 1-18 aired in one run. That's 9 episodes, which is still the longest intra-season run of new episodes. Hopefully 2-8 through 2-20 will surpass that.

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Where is the source for Depths?

10. FinalAvalanche

It's on CN's website, under their YJ:I schedule.

11. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Bringer of the Light

12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

You can pretty much put down Apache Chief. The references were way too overt.

13. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Bringer of the Light

That goes without saying, but the wiki on this site is temperamental. I'd rather get everything in one shot as best as possible.

I was really hoping to do last week and this week in one shot since I hadn't gotten to last week yet (and no one else did it either) but sadly, no one even started the Young Justice wiki.

14. TheFlash4444

Seeing this makes me wonder if the creators wanna tie up on what really happened with Wally and Artemis in Bloodlines and Aqualad in Depths. We know that Wally and Artemis have quit the hero business and are now leaving together and going to college but why did they quit the business? We know that Aqualad has turned to dark side due to Tula dying in a mission which he blames the Team for and Aquaman lying to him for all those years about that Black Manta was his father but what led to this and how did Tula die? Just a guess but I think these things will be tied up and we'll be on our way to summer break until new episodes return in the fall.

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Well it would be good to tie that up quickly.

The Key 5YL Plot Points:

1. 16 Hours which got tied up by sending a third of JL off world.
    2. Artemis and Kid Flash quitting.
    3. Aqualad turning Darkside.
    4. Clone Roy and the Hunt for real roy.

An invasion is not a bad idea though with Aquaman off world. The only major players left are Mera and maybe Tempest. I just hope Kaldur beats the crap out of Lagoon Boy if it does take place in Atlantis.

16. FinalAvalanche

I think that exactly why Superboy and Miss Martian broke-up is still a plotpoint, plus what will become of Miss Martian's relationship with Lagoon Boy if she still has feelings for Conner.

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

True but I am not worried about SB and MM getting sufficient screen time to advance their break up. They already got a whole episode about their break up and have both been in 30 episdoes. So I doubt the writers will forget about them. And quite frankly I am just tired of those two and their ridiculous amount of screen time.

18. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Aquaman is still around.

I think we've gotten good movement on these plots while establishing new ones.

19. TheFlash4444

1. For some reason I don't see the League coming back as soon as the next few episodes especially if the Light planned this in the first place.
    2. Agreed. I think Bloodlines will give some insight on that. Any longer would be ridiculous.
    3. Agreed. It shows as if Depths will give some insight on that as well.
    4. Again I see this being held off like the League issue for awhile.

Aquaman is off world? The only Leaguers that went to the trail were Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Hawkwoman, Hawkman and Icon. Aquaman still should be on world if I remember correctly. Nonetheless I would like to see that happen to because I think Lagoon Boy needs some sense knocked into him. He is probably the only Team member I can't stand.

Agreed and then some. I really do like SB and MM but I can't lie when I say that I was happy to see SB absent and MM not playing as huge of a role in today's episode. We need a little break from them so that we continue to learn more about the new Team members and the expanded roles of the old ones like Nightwing, Wally, Artemis and Aqualad. The latter three may be getting theirs with Bloodlines and Depths respectively. Let's hope Dick turns up in both of them since he was close with both Wally and Kaldur as well as Artemis too.

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Ah yeah sorry about the Aquaman mistake. Still yes there has been movement. But the only new plot I see is really who is the new partner. Sure other stuff like why did he plant bombs or steal kids but that is all connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.