"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 17 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Welcome to the 17th installment of the largest Young Justice discussion thread online! Watch Young Justice Saturdays at 10:30am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network, with encore presentations Sundays at 10:30am (ET/PT)!

Series Description:
    Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:

-Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 8
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 9
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 10
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 11
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 12
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 13
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 14
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 15
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 16

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
  2. macattack

macattack I see you!

How the heck has one single cartoon managed to muster 17 threads? :sweat:

3. Zombie

Zombie New Member

^ Because it's awesome, yet flawed. So lots of people love it, but they also love to critique it.

4. horrorbusiness

horrorbusiness New Member

I am not too excited about this weeks episode, maybe its because season 1 had its abundance of Superboy and Miss M episodes....I am aware they are now adults and broken up and probably have some different character traits, but still...the characters never really did it for me I guess. I am sure the writing will be great and enjoyable though.

The episode "Salvage" catches my eye, due to the "fallen comrade" I am ssuming like everyone else its Aqualad, due to the famous "Manta armor theory". It could be someone else though, due to there being absent designations on the current "team"

Does anyone think the episode "Beneath" could have to do with Jaimes friend that becomes the Blood Beetle??

5. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

The Blood Beetle is New 52 only, and honestly, from what I've heard and seen, the old Blue Beetle series was much better than the one where Brenda gets slapped in the the face by the main character.

Anyway, I imagine that it might have something to do with Booster or Traci (Traci might make a good replacement for Zatanna in the magic department, since we haven't seen any Homo Magi, yet).

6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

Jaime did have a friend who ended up becoming the Black Beetle, one of his foes, though. I'm guessing the kidnapped friend is either gonna be one of his civilian buddies or someone like Booster Gold. Particularly, one of his friends was a girl named Brenda whose aunt was a crime lord involved in all sorts of superhuman crime so that could be it.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Neat trivia tidbit, but Lacey Chabert, Mae Whitman, and Alyson Stoner also tried out for Miss Martian.

I was wondering when you'd post about this.:p

Virgil Hawkins was confirmed. If he becomes Static on the show, which sounds extremely likely, as I've said before what I liked about Static was he figured out how be a super hero on his own essentially. Additionally, we don't know how long Black Lightning has been a superhero so we can't be sure he's interested in taking on protege in the first place.

8. Gimpyhair

Gimpyhair New Member

Episode 2x03 (29 overall) "Alienated"
    1. "The Team and the Justice League continue to hunt the Kroloteans that have invaded Earth—but the aliens have help from an extremely unexpected source."
    Episode 2x04 (30 overall) "Salvage"
    1. "While Superboy and Blue Beetle battle Intergang, Nightwing and company try to salvage the soul of a former comrade fallen from grace."
    Any ideas who they are refering to?

I'm guessing the former comrade could be Red Arrow or Speedy, unless a big tragedy we don't know yet happens during the timeskip, it could be Artemis, Wally or Kaldur...

9. RoryWilliams

Salvage has certain nautical connotations, Black Manta was seen in one of the trailers and then of course there was the toy art of Kaldur in a Manta costume. So Salvage sounds like it'll be about him.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

Technically Speedy was never a comrade so if those episodes are connected then Aqualad, Artemis and Red Arrow are your options.

11. mrD

mrD New Member

well to me "fallen from grace" would me changed sides and for some reason when i hear the word salvage I think of water so I'm really leaning toward aqualad or kid flash if he does go into the speed force in the game his soul would be there as for episode 3 I cant think of a source thats unexpected

12. FinalAvalanche

FinalAvalanche New Member

Before the DC reboot Static looked up to Black Lightning. They teamed up at least once as well. Also the public often asked Black Lightning if he was Static's father.

Of course Black Lightning's 2 daughters, Thunder and Lightning, may appear as well.

13. Guy Gardner

Guy Gardner New Member

An extremely unexpected source: I have doubts that this is one of the former team members, and I want to say that this is going to be one of the villains (since they aren't expecting the aliens to be working with anyone on Earth). Or it could be the lead-in to Salvage, in which it is...

A former comrade fallen from grace: I'm almost certain this is Red Arrow (Now going by Arsenal), probably now working with Cheshire on the outskirts of the law to find the real Speedy by any means necessary. They've been teasing a relationship between the two for a while, and this seems like the perfect time to put them together. Also, what is it with the Crock girls and stubborn red-heads?

14. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

I don't think the Light is unexpected maybe Darksied and his InterGang Minions.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Virgil was basically part superhero fanboy before he got his powers wasn't he? Been awhile since I read the original run, but I had it in my head he looked up to a lot of superheroes. He just didn't study under them to learn about his powers.

16. suss2it

suss2it New Member

That's true, plus there's the fact that Static is far more powerful than Black Lightning. Black Lightning only really has his lightning powers, where as Static is pretty much Magneto plus lightning powers, so BL couldn't wouldn't even be of much help.

17. RoryWilliams

He was a pretty general superhero fanboy and actively disliked Black Lightning prior to meeting him, actually. I REALLY hope if introduced, they don't feel the need to make Virgil his sidekick.

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

I can see Static starting off on his own and later getting noticed by the League and offered a spot on the team. Black Lightning may not necessarily be his mentor, but I see him as someone Static could go to for advice. He has more experience with his powers after all.

19. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

Lacey Chabert would've made an awesome M'Gann.

On "Alienated", I got a feeling the unexpected source is The Light, who are possibly the masterminds behind the Invasion. But their partner from "Bereft" will obviously turn the tables on them.

And obviously Aqualad is the fallen comrade, who possibly reform him to being a good guy again, but that's just wishful thinking :/

20. Guy Gardner

Guy Gardner New Member

It would be unexpected in the sense that the Light seemingly started a war with these guys... but they are also helping them out in their invasion of Earth. From the perspective of the JL, it'd be unexpected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.