1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 16 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They'll probably be more updates in the weeks to come. Unless, someone snoops around CN's database and finds them first.

2. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

Well, I really hope Cassie stays, she was a character I quite enjoyed in the first episode of season two.

3. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Member

Cassie better be sticking around. Wouldve been nice to get a profile on her.

4. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have a soft spot for Cassie - she's the only character outside the Bat-Family that I'm tempted to microhero-ize.

5. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Member

Plus the Wonder family needs to represented. Batman has 3 members on the team, with Supes still at 1 and WW had 0 in the first season so it is only fair.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Great to have confirmation on that. Thought it was really cool idea to have Bumblebee as the Atom's protege since both have a shrinking ability and skilled in the field of science in the comics. Suppose that means Beecher is currently attending Ivytown University.

Interesting other bits, too, like Superboy will never visibly age and Miss Martian can phase through solid objects.

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

I wonder if the Light did that because they don't want Superboy to start aging until Superman Dies. I am predicting they have a way to jumpstart his aging.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps. Since Miss Martian mind wiped the programming, maybe a special synthetic variant of Kryptonite?

9. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

The character profile helps explain why Beast Boy went to Rann with M'gann and Superboy.

10. Geodude

Geodude Active Member

#470 Geodude, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  11. Gimpyhair

Gimpyhair Member

Doesn't mean anything: people can be a couple, but still have their own personnal life. If she's not in the episode, she might be mentionned by Wally or by someone else. Even if she isn't mentionned/seen in Bloodlines, there's 20 episodes last time I checked, we only have to be patient. But I agree that there might be a problem if in the whole season neither Artemis or Wally don't even acknowledge each other...

But character development wise, I think Wally and Artemis are still together: why making a whole season of building their relationship, make them a couple in the last minutre of the season final, but make them break off-screen during the time skip. That would be so anticlimatic. At least, we saw Megan and Conner build up during the first season as a couple. Anyway, time will tell!

If Barry retires from being Flash, it might not necessarly means because he dies, it might be because he have a baby. Why not?

12. FinalAvalanche

I agree.

Since the episode title is "Bloodlines" it sounds like more than one character is going to be the focus of this episode. We already know it has the Flash legacy in it, and since Artemis' family ties were a main plot last season that will probably be brought up as well. And while Kelly Hu may voice several characters this season, the only 2 she's voiced so far are Artemis' relatives, so having her voice in this episode does lend credence to the belief that Artemis will be in this episode.

13. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Wild Mass Speculating

It's nice to see CN finally update their website. Plus Nightwing's still front and center. But I've been trying to figure out what everyone's personal storylines could be now.

Nightwing- is (as always) the center of the DCU effortlessly working with both the JL and The Team and whomever else he feels like. Since he's already transitioned to Nightwing and is a leader- what else is there left for him to do? What storyline can be his alone (like "Performance") thats not propping Tim up, or giving out assignments, or spewing plot points. He's at the "Now-Present" point of the current DCU. He's Nightwing- member of the Bat Family, but what else is there? If Tamaran invades he'll be at the center of a love quadrangle with Batgirl, Zatanna, & Starfire. Could be interesting since he's normally shown as being in an OTP with whomever his cartoon/comic co-star is. Who is he mentoring? He assigned Wonder Girl to Alpha Squad with him, he worked on hand to hand combat with Lagoon Boy, and he cheers on Mary-Sue Tim. I guess that means he mentors everybody.

Batgirl- I'm very concerned about her since they time skipped her becoming BG. This means Greg Weisman could cripple her to make Oracle :crying:. Why he could do it; he has no problems crippling characters- he did it to Jason Canmore in "Gargoyles" (but Jason Canmore was only a guest starring villian from the season finale, Babs is a main cast member. I don't think CN would show that happening). What's stopping that from happening; he already time skipped her to Oracle on "The Batman" "Artifacts", he already has a wheelchair bound character in Paula Crock, plus Mal Duncan is already doing her "job" now, and Nightwing is supposed to be the ultimate hacker. What would she do as Oracle? That and there's only 20 episode this season and thats all about the Invasion and clone Roy- so she's going to be spared. WHEW!!!

Superboy- that CN webpage says that he's got infared vision- without the shields?!?! Plus he'll have beef with Mal, tension with Lagoon Boy, and ????? with WG.

It's kinda messed up how CN's webpage has erased Artemis, Kaldur, and Kid Flash from existence. And they never bothered to update for Zatanna or Rocket (I understand Rocket, but they had plenty of time to add Zatanna). Who else is not on the page; Mal Duncan, Wonder Girl, & Lagoon Boy....hhmmmmm. Yet, WG's in the Shadow Mission game and Mal gets name checked. Mal might not have a mentor. But Lagoon Boy's got Aquaman, right.

Bumblebee- CN's page couldn't come up with more than one sentence for her :mad:. Didn't even mention that she's dating Mal! I don't like that they changed her hair. Her new short cut is too much like Rocket's.

Artemis- we don't know what's going on with her yet. But it can't be a coincidence that Icicle, Jr her comics husband was on the show/is in the video game during the time skip. Maybe she's trying to reform all the children of villians. I hope she fails with Cheshire- I like her as a bad girl :evil:
    She could be dating Icicle, Jr now, after Supermartian's break up anything is possible.

There are no speedsters, archers, or magicians on The Team. Were Black Canary & Green Arrow there at the end of "Happy New Year"? I don't recall.

If Mal doesn't have a mentor, then who sponsored him? The Atom? Icon (it would give him something to do)? John Stewart? Maybe Rocket could mentor Mal- they both rely on technology

Beast Boy's got M'gann & Martian Manhunter. Superboy could be "mentoring" Wonder Girl (yeah, thats what the kids are calling it these days). And Captain Marvel for Darla Dudley if she becomes Mary Marvel.

I just thought of this, did Queen Mera have her baby? She was pregnant during "Misplaced".....the child should be 4 now. Or they got pregnant again after the miscarriage. Or there's no child. It can't be a coincidence that she announced she was preggers and then "Misplaced" happened.

14. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

He's always had infared vision without the shields. I think the first time he used it was way back in "Drop Zone". The shields gave him x-ray vision though.
    Yup.
    [​IMG]

Sad to see that in the time skip Green Arrow didn't switch over to a cooler costume, like the one he had in his DC Showcase.
    Damn, I didn't even think about that. "Misplaced" has a lot of unfortunate implications.

15. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

16. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Where did it say he has trouble with Mal?

17. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Thanks For The Cap

Thanks for the screen cap. I've been looking for Black Lightning all this time. Plastic Man made everything about himself when he appears on screen. I was afarid that BC & GA were walking the Earth searching for Speedy. Wonder if they're married now.

Who wants to bet that Black Lightning's voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson? Not sure about his costume at all.

Mal & SB had beef back at Happy Harbor High. Remember when SB grabbed Marvin and questioned him about his shirt. And then saw that everybody there wears superhero apparel. There's probably a WB store in the Happy Harbor mall.;) Mal was friends with Marvin and didn't like that. He was wearing a Superman shirt, plus on Halloween he wore SB's '90s costume. "Superman Done Right." Maybe Superman's his mentor, burn.:evil:

I forgot to mention that now Babs is older, she can date Jason Bard. I want to see the Zatanna/Dick/Babs triangle as much as the next fan. But I prefer my quadrangles with more than one guy and girl, so it's not just a 20 Chicks On Dick Fest. Babs should have another option like Jason Bard. Why not, he exists on Earth 16. Someone "Asked Greg" about him. Zatanna should have another option too. IDK who though. LOK is doing it right with Korra/Mako/Asami/Bolin. Oh the potential for hurt feelings and misunderstandings.

18. Lanmanna

Lanmanna Member

Young Justice is starting to turn into the Teen Titans comic(before it rebooted). Do you think a Wonder Girl, Robin, Superboy love triangle will happen?

19. mrD

mrD Member

personally for me superboy is 21, technically, and I feel that robin and wonder girl should be an item just like how batman and wonder woman were an item in justice leadue unlimited. I dont wanna see some random pairing like blue beetle and wonder girls either......as for young justice looking like teen titans, of course not all justice leaguers have sidekicks and the teen titans is a factory for debuting young heroes so of course we'd see titans in the show, although for this season i hope that the H'San Natall appear in the show along with the titans that were their sleeper agents as an anti-young justice

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Lot's of neat tidbits on Ask Greg; Wonder Twins were considered for the Team, Wonder Woman debuted in 1941 and is based in Washington, D.C., Captain Marvel started out around the same time as Speedy, and some more ages circa season one, Wildcat is 91 and Blue Devil, 25.

Well, he is the leader of the Team now.

I don't think they all have to have a mentor. I like to think he and Karen Beecher were a package deal.

Weisman said she was due to give birth in February (2011) (the month after the ending of "Auld Acquaintance").

It was only a couple seconds. But to add, it looks like another tweak Bourassa made on his design from Crisis on Two Earths. In YJ, he's got goggles and in COTE, he's got a domino mask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.