1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 16 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It would be interesting to have a character who doesn't have powers or a background in crime fighting who is in the crew because his friends are but isn't a sidekick like a Marvin/Wendy or Spike in Transformers or something like that and has an actual role and could probably hold his own in some situations.

2. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Since he has alien tech he could end up playing a big role in the Invasion. And that aside, it seems like they want to go into the significance of the Khaji Da since they had the scene where all of the aliens were horrified upon seeing Jaime for the first time.

If anyone is leaving, I get the sense it'll be Lagoon Boy. He strikes me as being similar to Wonder Girl in his personality and he seems like the type who will either die or get kicked off the team after disobeying orders.

4. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

Please don't tell me that Kelly Hu is voicing Linda Park :mad: (Spitfire fan here)

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

It made sense on JL Unlimited because at least they had heroes on base all the time and the base was massive. But who is protecting the civilian if the Base Gets Breached while everyone is a way. Mal has no powers or advanced combat training that we know of he is easy pickings. Especially since the base has already gotten attacked before and the Team got curbstomped.

As for Mal in general, Hopefully he gets powers soon because a desk job is not cutting it for me or replace him with Static. He seems like a sidekick to me actually less then a sidekick, sidekicks actually get to out into the field.

Well someone died. I figure best odds are on Artemis or Red Arrow. But we have been told Roy is still searching so that means he is not dead yet. Makes Artemis most likely. Wally could easily be retired and going to college just like he did in the comics.

6. RoryWilliams

Your issue seems to be you being mad that the one kid with no powers is black, which is sort of ridiculous bro. Bumblebee is on the team and we have confirmation that Static and Aqualad are in season 2 so ya need to take a chill pill.

The point made about Mal being the most logical choice since it'd be a waste to have one of the superpowered kids stuck at home is 100 percent apt. As for an attack on the cave, how do we know they haven't stepped up defenses or that Red Tornado isn't still hanging around?

7. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

Well it makes a lot of sense if Lagoon boy gets kicked off because Aqualad

And if he returns it gives me faith and KF and Artemis will join the Team once again.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

I don't need a chill pill but yes I pay attention to how minorities get treated in American TV mostly because treatment in general is poor. Anger would only occur if say Artemis actually gets killed and Aqualad really does fall to the dark side.

Sure it is most logical to have the guy with no powers at the desk because he is useless in the field but at least leave Wolf there for some protection besides automated security systems.

As for Aqualad depends but I don't think that is needed. I mean if we can have 3 Bats, no reason 2 Aquas is not fine. Which reminds me I hope Lagoon Boy gets brought down a few pegs soon.

Although a major concern is going to be character development as the numbers increase because some characters certainly got the shorted last season when had 6-8 members. This season we have 11 already plus flashback plots to fill in and an invasion.

9. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

Some people are getting kicked off in "Invasion. Lagoon Boy is a likely suspects, so we probably wont have 2 aquas.

I agree, I have no idea how they're going to develop characters this season, and now they don't have 26 episodes, but 20 episodes.

And maybe that's why a bunch of members will get kicked off.

10. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

So was Lagoon Boy.

11. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Mal is commonly depicted as a trained boxer and we see he's built like a brick house so I think he's far from defenseless in the base. He's had many powers in the comics and he probably already has some or will get them soon. He has a long history with Bumblebee and being their because he wants to help her does not seem so unlikely.

12. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

And? Just cause Lagoon Boy is on the toy box dosen't me he will be on the Team for the rest of the season.

I think Aqualad is on the Team (or he can just be an ally/member of the League) if we turned a villian why in the world would be on the box with 5 other heroes on it?

13. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

It would be cool to get the real-life Linda Park to voice her:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Park

She was also a Star Trek alum, which fits with casting tradition.

I think there will be more Icon & Rocket as it seems the general public doesn't know he's alien, which doesn't surprise me a bit. I'm kinda surprised that we have not seen Firestorm on this show, as he fits the bill of a teen hero with a mentor. He's kinda like Blue Beetle in a sense.

14. quigonkenny

quigonkenny Active Member

Mal has had two different power sets in the comics. Initially he had a strength-enhancing exo-skeleton and wore the Guardian's armor. After that, he had various sonic/teleportation abilities as Hornbolower/Herald/Vox. Given the five year gap, we could be seeing Mal "in between jobs", as it were. Perhaps he was the Guardian for a time (likely to be revealed via flashback as related to the ongoing Search for Speedy) and joined The Team, but lost/gave up the exo-skeleton/armor at some point, and stayed with the team to be around/assist Bumblebee. At some point this season, he'll pick up the Gabriel's Horn and become Herald.

I think it's a little derogatory to consider what he's doing in "Happy New Year" a "desk job", though. Operations and coordination on a team like this is a very important job, that arguably puts him in a leadership position second only to Nightwing. I didn't see anyone complaining about J'onn's or Mr Terrific's "desk job" on JLU, although they both were able to get out into the field if necessary.

15. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

This may be stating the obvious, but I'll say it anyways... If Wally is in Bloodlines, but Artemis isn't, then clearly things did not work out between them for some reason. If Kelly Hu is in this ep then maybe Wally visits Paula to try and find Artemis.

16. RoryWilliams

17. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

A peculiar lack of Lagoon Boy and Wondergirl but we have confirmation that BB is 13 and shares a bond with MM, Superboy does not physically age, Karen is the Atom's protoge and Batgirl is Barbra. Also no sign of Kaldur, Artemis or Wally.

18. FinalAvalanche

I'm not surprised about there not being bios for Kal, Artemis, or KF. Even when Zatanna was added mid-season CN never put up a bio for her either.

19. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

So what does no bios for Lagoon Boy or Mal Duncan mean? It suggests to me not relevant characters.

20. RoryWilliams

Well I get the sense their current states are meant to be surprises or twists so no Wally, Kaldur or Artemis makes sense. The lack of Wonder Girl and Lagoon Boy is far more peculiar, even though I said I didn't expect the latter to stick around anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.