"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 16 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Welcome to the 16th installment of the largest Young Justice discussion thread online! Watch Young Justice Saturdays at 10:30am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network, with encore presentations Sundays at 10:30am (ET/PT)!

Series Description:
    Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:

-Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 8
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 9
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 10
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 11
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 12
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 13
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 14
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 15

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. horrorbusiness

horrorbusiness New Member

Predictions for season 2 anyone??

based on the 4 or so trailers I'm guessing this

Superboy ends up Raan tracking Manheim and Intergang (he pins them to a tree in what looks like the same setting he is in when chased by the giant mechanical spider.....which also could be Apokiliptian tech). The girl with the yellow scarf that is with him could be Adam Stranges wife.....she also appears to be tied up in vines along with Superboy and what appears to be Beast Boy (not sure) with a jet pack visible on her back in another trailer. Miss Martian is with them...possibly a team right there..I think Garth would want to be with his "blood sister"

Robin, Lagoon Boy and Blue Beetle infiltrate a lab where they experiment on humans...I have reason to believe one of the alien races maybe the Koloterians from the GL lore.....they notoriously experimented on humans and they look similar to the little green creatures Robin and Lagoon Boy are pummeling. This could also explain why Bumblebee (who appears alongside Blue Beetle in one clip) is flying by what appears to be captive kids...they could be being experimented on and being given superpowers, this why there is such a spike in young heroes in the second season

I am probably wrong about all this, but thats what I put together being the trailers probably have clips from 3 or four finished episodes

3. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Member

I wonder if the girl with Superboy is not Adam and Alanna Strange's daughter Aleea.

4. Avengers

Avengers New Member

I'm thinking maybe Lobo comes the day after and everything is the same, foretells about an invasion and then there is a time gap in between the world preparing for the invasion with new groups forming and characters aging. It would explain why kalder is gone as he would be in Atlantis, but that is just a guess (of coarse that is disproved by Lobo fighting the amazon but lobo could appear again later in the season)​

(I had written this right before talkback 15 closed so sorry for re write)​

5. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Lobo isn't the 'Warn you of an invasion' type of guy. A GL maybe, perhaps even Adam Strange, but Lobo would probably shoot you before he warned you. He's just that kind of guy.

6. k.s.

k.s. New Member

With all these new members, the YJ team is starting to become as big as the League itself. So we've got Batgirl, Lagoon Boy, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, and Wonder Girl joining the team (am I missing anybody else?) bringing the team size to 13. And I'm not counting Red Arrow since he was just temporarily with the team to bide time before his League induction. Given this show's affinity for the number 16, anyone want to take bets over who the 16th team member will be?

We've already got heavy hitters like Robin and Batgirl, so my guess/hope is that we'll see Supergirl. Other than Tim Drake - who wouldn't make sense for the show - I think she's the only other major sidekick/young hero that hasn't shown up so far, and it would be great to see how Superboy has to deal with working alongside a Kryptonian who has all her powers.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

Well, that's assuming all the past members are sticking around. I have a feeling they aren't. Like others have said it's looking like there will be a time skip.

8. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Reposting the list for the new thread:

New Characters
    • Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark)--Episode 1
    • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
    • Lobo--Episode 1
    • Adam Strange
    • Alanna Strange (?)
    • Darla Dudley (?)
    • Unidentified Glowing Man
    • Glorious Godfrey
    • Sardath
    • Virgil Hawkins (Static)
    Hero Emergences:
    • Karen Beecher as Bumblebee
    • Barbara Gordon as Batgirl
    • Mal Duncan as Herald/Vox (revealed via WonderCon)
    • Garfield Logan as Beast Boy
    • Lagoon Boy
    Alien Species:
    • Czarnian (No point is plurals since Lobo killed the rest)
    • Rannians
    • The Reach (Blue Beetle's armor is a species of Reach)
    • Dominators
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???

9. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer New Member

Im mostly interested in seeing everyones reaction of WonderGirl if we dont jump past her joining the team to her already being part of it and established with everyone. Having someone to rival Conner in streangth must be a little weird for him.

10. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 New Member

Yeah, just because a character appears doesn't mean they're joining the team. To be honest, some of these characters leave me cold. I'm psyched about Wonder Girl, but the others I can take or leave.

I will say this: I really liked Bumblebee's design. I have to hand it to Greg and Brandon. They do have a knack for taking ridiculous characters like Sportsmaster and making them cool.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

Well assuming they keep everyone.

Confirmed: Batgirl, Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl, Lagoon Boy, Bumblebee, Beast Boy, Mal Duncan, Static

Possible: Bette Kane, Mary Marvel, Kid Devil, Supergirl, Bombshell

But no point in getting mad or complaining about roster changes until the episode comes out. I assume the episode will explain where everyone is or at least it should. But I should note not everyone on the team is going to make the cut. But who knows its possible the league has expanded in size as well.

I wonder if we have a new opening theme although its not going to matter much because it will be cut in america.

12. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 New Member

I'm really excited for Wonder Girl and Blue Beetle. Also hoping Zatanna is still around since I like the Zatanna/Robin ship. It's my favorite on the show. Don't really need Barbara getting in the way...

I'm beginning to think Aqualad is the one who falls. (From the video game line) I think he may learn Black Manta is his father somehow, and he feels lied to and he goes dark for a short while anyways. Then Robin rises to take over the team. Who dies though is anyone's guess...

The lack of Rocket, Zatanna, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Artemis makes me think there's a year long time jump and that over that time the team has drifted apart and split up. One of those types of storylines where the Invasion will bring them back together possibly. Maybe Legacy could show the events that drove them apart.

13. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

If there is a time jump, any chance its a different Robin?

14. horrorbusiness

horrorbusiness New Member

He really does look exactly like Tim Drake, Its probably still Dick though

I just find it odd that with the amazing artists that work on designing characters, instead of coming up with something completely new for Dick, they went with something that looks exactly like Tim Drake...bo staff and all

Heck, I even have a comic where Tim is posed the same as he is in the design that was leaked on the side of the figure boxes

15. Avengers

Avengers New Member

Fare enough but there are plenty of ways to rite around that, it feels to me like the first event of season 2 will be a direct follow up which will then be followed by a time skip, I really can't see how all these changes have occurred after one day since Weisman said there is no tim skip right off the bat. I mean even in the episode's description it states that Lobo is just the start of their problems which brings to my mind a warning type episode even if Lobo is not directly involved with the warning.

16. Dorko

Dorko New Member

I honestly think that the new Robin design looks more like Damian than anyone else, albeit wearing a costume similar to Tim's last Robin suit. Character designers don't really have much choice but to ape the later Robins for Dick's look seeing as he pretty much rocked one look, down to the hairstyle it seems, until he became Nightwing. I'm curious though...the promo has him without a cape, which I thought was pretty cool seeing as his comic book counterpart ditches the cape at the first opportunity and even hated wearing one as Batman. The box of the toy has him with a cape. Since all the shots from the promo could come from one sequence, I'm anxious to see how that shakes out.

I'm also still betting the team will go somewhat "Unlimited". I mean, the Justice League in this continuity has 21 members. With every character we've seen in promos, we'd have The Team clock in around:
    1. Robin
    2. Aqualad
    3. Kid Flash
    4. Superboy
    5. Miss Martian
    6. Artemis
    7. Zatanna
    8. Rocket
    9. Lagoon Boy
    10. Blue Beetle
    11. Beast Boy
    12. Bumblebee
    13. Wonder Girl
    14. Batgirl

14 members. 15 if you wanted to count Wolf, 16 if we count Super Cycle too. That doesn't seem unreasonably large.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Those forms Robin was fighting in the teasers do look like Kroloteans. Good catch on that one! Ha, and they're referred to as Gremlins on Earth.

I dare them to do the same with Zebra Man. :D

Luckily, some will join, some won't join, and some won't make the cut.

I think it's logical to keep an open mind with a new season forthcoming. It could be another Robin. It might just be Dick Grayson.My ongoing theory in relation to Robin's new look was he needed better body armor to effectively engage otherworldly forces during what is essentially looking like a war.

18. quigonkenny

quigonkenny New Member

A few observations and predictions.

1. Lobo: Why is he there?
    Well, it's kind of obvious, if you ask me. From what we can tell from "Auld Acquaintance" and the longer preview, it's apparent what the missing 6 Leaguers were doing for the unaccounted for 16 hours: going to various planets and "a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life." (Google "Blazing Saddles") Now what is it that Lobo does—for a living—that might bring him to Earth after something like that?

2. The "green jet": What is it?
    The League are the good guys. What do "good guys" do when accused of a crime, especially when they actually did it (see above)? They own up to it. They go and face the music. That's what the League is doing. The "green jet" is a GL construct designed to take them there, since most of the League can't survive in hard vacuum.

3. Robin's costume: Why is it different?
    Either as a direct result of the League's Starro-controlled actions, or as a result of their leaving (maybe opening the door for the titular 'invasion") heroes probably aren't the most welcome sight on Earth. Outside the League, the most recognizable heroes on Earth are the four sidekicks. We haven't seen Kaldur or Wally, and we know things aren't exactly happy with Roy. That leaves Robin, in one of the most recognizable hero costumes of all time, in a situation where his popularity is a curse. A costume change is only natural. I wonder if a name change (adding a "Red", perhaps?) is also in the offing?

19. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

I see.

From the pics, the Justice "Lords" controlled by The Light did Invade an alien planet.

Time skip for The Team??? Or probably another dimension?? Or an alternate future??

Hmmm

Can't wait for this saturday!!!

20. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Wow this is some exciting stuff coming up.

Seems rather clear that those members of the Justice League caused an intergalactic incident which brought upon a massive retaliation including a bomb that created new metahumans.

I'm guessing events in "Happy New Year" take place at least 1 year later but there will likely be flash backs or some portion of the coming season telling what happened between the end of season 2 and this mission with Robin, Blue Beetle and Lagoon Boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.