1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 15 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

In the comics, BIlly can age, although since it is comics, he never really ages that much.

2. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Hmm, strictly speaking, Dick Grayson and Wally West are the only founding Titans from the comics who got to be first generation sidekicks on Earth-16. Technically Roy Harper did as well, but he was immediately replaced so he doesn't really count. Kaldur'ahm and Cassie Sandsmark are the first to take up the mantles of Aqualad and Wonder Girl in this universe.

Hopefully, Garth, Donna and the real Roy will get some good exposure in Invasion.

3. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Why? Garth seems like a pretty boring character here. Do you really only want more of him, just because he's a founding Titan in the comics?

4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

To me they have been too loose with seeing the original lineup. Kinda like the Doom Patrol with different versions but incomplete of the full team lineup.

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

As for the shipping issues...if there's a time skip, it's very possible the kids will have drifted apart to some degree.

6. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

We didn't see enough of him in "Downtime" to judge, really. Tula was given more attention than him. He could use a couple more episodes, especially if Atlantis is shown again (which I'm sure it will be). Plus, his powers are pretty awesome. He can summon the power of the tempest, which is cooler than anything Kaldur can do IMO. If he were to unleash that power near the ocean, it would make for a great spectacle. I didn't find him any less interesting than Kaldur, and felt that he got the short straw in "Downtime". He was the friend who stole Tula from Kaldur, instead of a character in his own right. And we want to see more of the Team members with friends who aren't necessarily on the Team, right? That alone is reason enough to see more of Garth and Tula, not to mention his comic book counterpart's legacy.

7. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

I haven't seen Kid Flash or Artemis in any of the previews which has me kind of worried. Legacy is supposed to take place between seasons one and two, and one hero is supposed to fall. But what constitutes a fall? Is it possible that Artemis, for example, killed someone?

8. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

EDIT: Whoops wrong thread.

9. Gold Starz

Wrong thread (Go to the Video Game thread) and no one knows.

10. Marvelman02

I don't think it's the wrong thread. I'm wondering where my favorite couple will be at in season 2.

11. Gold Starz

Yes, but you're speculating about the video game, which would thus go into the video game thread.

On a different note, I can't believe all this anticipation it's only been a day, but it feels like it's been months. Saturday can't get here soon enough.

12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

No. He's using information from the video game (which is canon) to speculate about Season 2.

13. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

It's kinda different since, technically these guys aren't even the Teen Titans.

Fair enough, and yeah his powers are more cooler than Kaldur's. But in the comics that I've read Garth isn't all that interesting their either. Then again, I haven't read too much stuff with him in it, so if you have any recommendations, love to hear it. And given time, these guys could do something interesting with him.

14. Santino

Santino Member

How the heck are Garth's powers cooler than Kaldur's? Dude has liquid swords for God's sake.

15. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Garth can do that, and more.

16. intangible

intangible Member

I kind of disagree. Billy, I think, has gotten a bit older. I really think there's a time-skip. The picture below is from one of the previews and it shows Bumblebee flying by what, seems to be, Billy with a different hairstyle (subtle). Personally, I think he looks like a young teen, not a 10 year old.

What do you guys think?

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Nothing to suggest he can do that outside of water.

Although I think they could make Kaldur's water swords even cooler.

But then again I prefer melee to spellcasting in videogames anyway.

As for comics Garth is lame because he does not start out with tempest powers.

18. Marvelman02

Not completely convinced that's Billy BATSON. Is he on a screen or has he been imprisoned?

19. Gold Starz

That's totally Billy same clothes and everything. Also, you can't tell he's imprisoned?

20. Avengers

Avengers Active Member

I'm thinking maybe Lobo comes the day after and everything is the same, foretells about an invasion and then there is a time gap in between the world preparing for the invasion with new groups forming and characters aging. It would explain why kalder is gone as he would be in Atlantis, but that is just a guess (of coarse that is disproved by Lobo fighting the amazon but lobo could appear again later in the season).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.