"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 15 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Welcome to the 15th installment of the largest Young Justice discussion thread online! Watch Young Justice Saturdays at 10:30am (ET) on Cartoon Network!

Series Description:
    Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:

-Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 8
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 9
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 10
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 11
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 12
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 13
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 14

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
  2. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Some ratings news on the show:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ken-conansouthlandadventure-time-more/125265/

3. TAS257

TAS257 New Member

Okay, so I don't know hardly anything about ratings, but is this good? and are we getting as good as ratings for Young Justice as we were in the old timeslot? These are very important questions to me, because we are relying heavly on the timeslot to help bring us future seasons of both shows. Thanks.

TAS257

4. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 New Member

Did anybody notice in Auld Acquaintance...

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

6. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

7. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter O Frabjous Day!

You should all know. I blame everyone here. Everyone who put a spoiler tag around their comments. You knew I couldn't resist, didn't you? You poked and you prodded and you protected innocent bystanders from spoilers, and now...now you've forced me to watch the unaired subbed episodes. And you know what I have to say to these irreconcilably irreversible actions? Well, here it is:

And there you have it. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

8. Kindness King

Kindness King New Member

Is there anyone else at all besides me that's waiting until the rest of the season airs? Is it really that hard to just wait a few more weeks? :sweat: Because it's getting a little annoying having to wade through spoiler comments when this is supposed to be a speculation thread. :shrug:

9. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

It's a news thread, actually, and the news is that foreign countries have already aired their dubs of episodes not yet aired in America. ;)

10. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

It has resulted in Askgreg halt in answering questions. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't do anything until series finale aired.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

Plus we have English Subbed Versions Already.

Now on the AskGreg Issue. I am not surprised that people were dumb enough to ask such questions nor am I suprised that Greg defended Cartoon Network and their stupid airing policies.Its his employer after all and Greg is a nice guy seeing as he is not mad at least publicly about Disney shafting his shows. Cartoon Network has a well documented history of annoying delays and poor airing decisions. Still If S2, airs immediately after S1 Ends well then Cartoon Network will get some respect from me.

Also I want to support the YJ Videogame but I have standards. I would like Graphics at least on par with the show but hey I play Super Smash Bros so that is not a game breaker. The YJ team is handling the storyline so we know that is fine. Therefore, the GameBreakers are controls and the battle system.

12. Thy_Blight

Thy_Blight New Member

I endorse this message.

13. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Nah, I'm waiting too. I'm not a big fan of subtitles and the video quality doesn't look that good either, and like you said its only weeks anyway. But I don't fault people who wanna watch the leaks and the spoilers are easily avoidable by ignoring this thread or not clicking on spoiler tabs.

14. Kindness King

Kindness King New Member

In the case of the first hiatus, season one wasn't completely finished, and with the last one they waited to get the launch DC Nation ready. Hiatuses are just par-for-the-course in television, especially in animation. It's not just Cartoon Network though, look at how jumbled around Nick got with second half of Avatar's final season.

And no matter what, I wouldn't count on season two airing immediately. It'd be best to have at least three-to-five months so as to generate anticipation and interest.

Yeah, thankfully it's very easy to skim through tabs. I do feel sorry for any patient fan who makes the mistake of reading the comments section of any related Young Justice AMV on YouTube, though. [​IMG]

15. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

That report is mentioning decent percentage gains but those are based on what Bakugan and HotWheels Battle Force 5 were getting and they did not do that well. Judging by what they got last year the 6-11 will probably be less than 500,000 and in comparison SpongeBob will more than double that in the same hour. But just under 500,000 kids 6-11 is pretty typical for a CN action premiere these days. It's not good but it is not awful either.

16. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Three words...

17. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

I'm waiting. The key thing for me is that the episodes are not in English and therefore I'll be losing something (voice acting mainly) when watching them. I also don't want to spend the majority of looking at the bottom of the screen reading instead of watching. If the episodes were on still on hiatus then I'd be tempted but since it's airing weekly in the US again it's not like we'll be getting the episodes that much faster.

As for spoilerboxes, well it makes this thread so quick to read now that over half the posts are spoilered. ;)

The "blame CN" stuff doesn't really hold water since they are airing episodes and no one is forcing people to jump ahead of the English episodes. As I said it would be a different situation if these episodes came out during the 8 month hiatus over summer, but they didn't. Yes CN could've aired episodes sooner and it's partially their fault season 1 started in 2010 and ended in 2012, but it's not their fault people are choosing to watch the non-English episodes. That's what Greg was defending.

18. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious New Member

Nice ShadowStar on your spoiler!!!!

I was thinking of the original JL from you know who. ;)

But what you just said makes sooo much more sense!!!

Nice catch!!!

Something like that may just happen for Season 2!!

19. The Talon

The Talon New Member

I'm gonna wait. Usually i'm first on the whole spoilers bandwagon, but with everyone already talking about the season finale, & I haven't even seen the next episode with Superboy & Cadmus, so this is just getting really confusing for me. And everyone's prety much posting in spoilers, so I'm just gonna have to leave the thread for a while.

20. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

I am used to watching Anime subbed and reading the Mangas much the same way online. I still buy some paperbacks but America is so far behind its not even Funny. Lol, if u watch enough of it u won't even u realize and really u don't have to look down just go to put your computer in a sweet spot.

I don't think its too much for people to expect American made Cartoons to be shown in America first. Just like I expect Japanese Animes to be shown in Japan first. As I said Cartoon Network has done this before so no slack sorry. I understand Greg's position but I don't agree. Although not like it matters to CN, core demographic is little kids who are unlikely to be hunting down this show across the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.