"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 14 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Welcome to the 14th installment of the largest Young Justice discussion thread online! Watch Young Justice Saturdays at 10:30am (ET) on Cartoon Network!

Series Description:
    Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:

-Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 8
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 9
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 10
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 11
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 12
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 13

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

Mentioned it on the other thread, but it seems they screwed up and showed the credits for next week. Confirmed are:

Pieter Cross (Doctor Mid-Nite)

Princess Perdita (Count Vertigo's niece)

Mattie Harcourt (Supergirl's best friend)

And return appearances for Brick, Iris West, Hugo Strange and Count Vertigo.

Not sure what Harcourt's role would be.

Did anyone catch the commercial during GL? Lot's of new footage. There was Rocket being inducted into the team, Artemis fighting Cheshire in a snowy region, Artemis shooting at Black Spider, Superboy attacking some drones, Kid Flash fighting Vandal Savage and Rocket attacking Bane.

It appears as though "insecurity" is the episode we saw in the trailers with the kids standing over the wreckage of a plane in the snow.

3. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

I can't wait for the next new episodes. My only concern is that there's only a few episodes left, and the synopsis we've gotten for the next few episodes don't really seem like they'll contribute anything major for The Light.

I love the way The Light keeps building up, but I'm just worried that they're only gonna spend about 2 episodes for whatever final battle they have planned. The Light seems about a hundred steps ahead of the Justice League, heck, they don't even yet know of the Light's existence yet. How is this gonna change so quickly in the last few episodes and how will the Justice League gain the upper hand?

4. Frellich

Frellich New Member

I think that they next 6 episodes are dealing with each individual light member and their motives and adding details to their big plan every episode. Also they are interacting with a member of young justice that have similar features like zatanna and klarion are both magic based.

Misplaced - Klarion - Zatanna
    Cold hearted - Vandal Savage - Kid Flash
    image - queen bee - Megan
    agenda- luthor - superboy
    insecuirity- Artemis (I think Ras Al Ghul because of cheshire, sports master and Roy but I would have preferred Ras to feature in Robins story like the comic.)
    performance - (Ras al Ghul or The Brain) - Robin

Ep 25 - aqualad - ocean master
    Auld acquaintance is the finale

5. loke13

loke13 New Member

The synopsis aren't going to spoil the big "Light" twist just give a general description of what's going on. And judging from the images of the upcoming episode's the Light will be very much involved.

6. RoryWilliams

It's also worth pointing out that a lot of people (myself included!) thought the Light wouldn't figure into Misplaced since the synopsis made it seem like Klarion would be working on his own and causing trouble just for the hell of it. I certainly didn't see the twist with Starro coming until it actually happened.

7. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

Hmm, I thought the Season Finale was 2-part oh well. How about Rocket, I think she needs a focus episode more then Robin. I like Robin to get one but I think he is getting the short stick because he is the most famous and everyone else needs it more. Most of these characters are getting their first significant animated appearances some have showed up before none have been main characters besides Robin.

8. loke13

loke13 New Member

Theirs also the fact that we have 20 episodes after Season 1 ends if Robin or Rocket doesn't get the development in Season 1 theirs always Season 2.

9. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

True but during an Invasion i doubt we have time for so many individual episodes. Although as Long as the team is active it should be fine. However, I am in favor of more pair episodes like Homefront or Targets.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Money on Professor Ivo.

Curse my small tv! Hopefully, someone can post a screengrab of those credits <hint><hint>

Mattie Harcourt? She was a Medical student I think and had a boyfriend who was a journalist. Maybe, she's been reworked as a GBS reporter considering the cast - i.e. the episode might take place in Vlatava. Or Cross is mentoring Harcourt since he is an actual MD.

At the end of Young Justice, they showed footage with a narrator. Sounded like the plane wreckage episode was "Coldhearted."

11. RoryWilliams

I know it's weird but I think that Coldhearted and the plane crash episode will be two distinct episodes, despite both having the artic-looking climate. I guess this because there were two scenes with Artemis fighting League of Assassins members, one in a city area and then again fighting Cheshire in a snowy region. But she's wearing her standard uniform, not the snow gear she and the rest of the kids are wearing in the images of coldhearted. And then of course Rocket is present in a few snowy scenes (in the DC Nation trailer) despite it looking like she won't be in Coldhearted at all.

And since there's that scene of the kids in the artic (complete with Rocket) around the plane wreck without their snow gear, I think that Insecurity will start in an urban setting but somehow shift to a snowy setting, hence the lack of artic costumes on the kids. If that makes sense.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

They're the Justice League. <ducks brick>

True, at this point, I'm getting clips mixed up between the two episodes.

13. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

15. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

16. RoryWilliams

17. Ligaf

Ligaf New Member

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

<Slaps forehead> Should have known that. Spending too much time working on my Doom subsite. Thanks for pointing it out RoryWilliams and Ligaf.

19. Ligaf

Ligaf New Member

No worries, if there's one thing the show needs is some more JSA-loving.

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Definitely! I'm glad we're seeing glimpses of the JSA in flashbacks and who's left in the present, in the show and comics. As a result, I was stoked to see Wizard but hopefully he gets a bigger role... but I can cross him off the list of characters I want to see in animation <cough>Richard Dragon<cough>Floronic Man<cough>.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.