1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 12 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the 12th installment of the largest Young Justice discussion thread online! Watch Young Justice Fridays at 6:30pm (ET) on Cartoon Network!

Series Description:
    Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:

-Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 8
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 9
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 10
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 11

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

#1 Yojimbo, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  2. Neo Hartless

Neo Hartless Member

I'd just like to tell everyone that Cartoon Network Brazil, after having released Young Justice in November 7th Mondays through Fridays 2 episodes a day, has, as of yesterday reached the episode Secrets.

Maybe today we might have anepisode yet unaired in the States.

3. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

Cartoon Network has announced its December schedule, and we will not be getting any new episodes of Young Justice until at least after the New Year. It really sucks but it's nice to know so we can stop waiting for an announcement.

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Young Justice will be in reruns for the month of December 2011 on Cartoon Network. Full schedule details are available at The World's Finest.

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Well, at least they're rerunning Brave and the Bold.

It's not really a problem so far as synching up with DC Nation goes. Eight episodes left means they only have to start going again sometime in January, maybe very early February for the finale and/or the start of season two to be a part of that lineup in March.

6. Capt. Speedbump

According to a recent Ask Greg (Weisman), although all eight remaining episodes of season 1 are ready to air, the first seven of season 2 are still being animated overseas. Perhaps when new episodes resume, we'll get all remaining eight season 1 episodes, but don't be shocked if there's some time between the season 1 finale and the season 2 premiere.

7. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

The comical nightmare has come true!!!

People are joking that Thundercats which premiered over 8 months after YJ will surpass YJ episode wise in CN.

And yup by Jan Thundercats will air their 19th episode surpassing YJ.

CN truly hates YJ!!

People said that CN ALWAYS have holiday breaks on new episodes BUT yet Thundercats are all new for DEC!!

Good one CN!! Why does DC/WB deal with these ingrates???

They did this with the greatness of JL/JLU and now they are doing it again with the greatness of YJ!!!

8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Uh...no. The problem is CN premiered Young Justice too early.

10. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Uh... no. The entire first season of Young Justice has finished production and is ready to air, so that doesn't explain why Thundercats apparently gets to debut new episodes in December, while YJ doesn't.

11. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

The problem is that he's talking about the series' handling in general. I don't know why CN is holding off airing the rest of Season One, but simply because there was an eight month gap (which, again, was because CN chose not to wait) previously does not mean that the return to reruns is somehow vindictive of a pattern of behavior. If the core of his argument is untrue than the insinuation that this latest occurance is a bias against the series holds no ground.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Again, I'm not sure why some are surprised by the December schedule. But my two cents: Because Thundercats probably runs on a different production schedule than Young Justice, this is the typical winter hiatus for DC animated series on CN (which usually cuts off after December 9th until New Years week), and as GWOtaku recently noted, CN needs to keep Young Justice on schedule for its season two debut in March with DC Nation (meaning reruns in December). I'd rather have reruns in December than January, imo.

13. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Not to mention they know they have another twenty in production. Does ThunderCats have anything in production or on order past episode #26? Aside from the fact the toys seem to be selling who is to say CN isn't trying to shoo ThunderCats out the door for more DCNation stuff down the line?

Or neither series is actually in any trouble and this is simply a case of CN's thought processes being beyond our immediate comprehension.

14. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

It was a six month gap, and wow I just took in how long that is. That's ridiculous. Especially since they had the episodes ready to go. I could understand not wanting to air new stuff in the summer, but jeez a whole half a year until new episodes. I'm surprised more people didn't just give up on the series. I hope we don't have similar gap to look forward to.

What I don't get is why it's a typical hiatus. CN is sitting a good two months worth of episodes for seemingly no gain. I could understand preempting it for Christmas specials, but they're just showing re-runs, so I don't really follow their logic there.

That's a good point. I haven't heard anything about Thundercats getting a second season.

YJ is obviously not in trouble, since I'm pretty sure it does pretty well in the ratings, and like you pointed out has at least a second season, not to mention it's gonna co-headlining the DC Nation block, but that doesn't stop some of us from having YJ ​withdrawal.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

In general? Like Jacob put it, "beyond our immediate comprehension." At least for YJ, we have the added comfort knowing we'll won't have to deal with much of a break between the end of season one and the start of season two next year.

Until then, we still got Ask Greg and a few blogs to monitor and Issue #11 coming out next month.

And I believe the 2012 Free Comic Book Day slate gets announced December some time. If we're lucky, we'll get another extra YJ story (probably as a combo issue with GL:TAS).

16. quigonkenny

quigonkenny Active Member

Thundercats is basically a 22-minute toy commercial. When better to show it than right before Christmas, especially if it's the only new thing on? On the other hand, Young Justice is a brand-builder, even more so with the upcoming DC Nation. No point in wasting new episodes during rerun season, when no one's watching.

17. Geodude

Geodude Active Member

I wish Western animation could be like Japanese anime...for example, the Japanese version of Pokemon has been pretty consistently airing one new episode each week since it began way back in the 90s. Any breaks are almost always no longer than a week. But that apparently makes too much sense over here. :sweat:

Anyway, my topic from the last thread kind of got cut off when it closed, so here it is again:

Who would you like to see (or rather, hear) voicing a character that you'd like to see on Young Justice? Not necessarily on the team itself, but on the show in any capacity. Here are a few of my thoughts:

Supergirl - Allison Mack. She's long been associated with the Superman family thanks to Smallville, and she also voiced Power Girl in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. I think she's very talented.

Wonder Girl - Danielle Judovitz. Having previously voiced such spunky young heroes as Batgirl (The Batman) and Kitty Pryde (Wolverine and the X-Men), I think she'd fit Cassie perfectly.

Cyborg - LeVar Burton. Yeah, the guy from Star Trek. I remember him more from the kids' show he once hosted, Reading Rainbow. I loved it when I was a kid. He also voiced Black Lightning in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

Commissioner Gordon - Kevin Conroy. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Seriously, I think Mitch Pileggi's voice fit Gordon perfectly in The Batman, and it would be great to hear him again.

Stargirl - Emily Bauer. She played Dawn from Pokemon.

18. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

I'd rather consistent and good animation as opposed to only getting a few good looking episodes here and there, as many long running Japanese Shonen shows get.

19. MartianRogue

MartianRogue Member

the season2 poster looks like; WonderGirl, Artemis, Robin, MissMartian, what really does appear to be BlueBeetle, and KidFlash.

Right now the team is a pretty nice size, but we know more members are coming. And it wouldn't necessarily make sense to put everybody on the poster for next season, just enough to make the right impact.
    That being said; Rocket, BeastBoy, KidDevil, & Zatanna are on my list of suspected new members.

20. Gimpyhair

Gimpyhair Member

It makes me wonder how close he is to Barbara if he have a crush on (and is flirting with) Zatanna.

I love that he wish for more seasons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.