1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Watch Young Justice Fridays at 6:30pm (ET) on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Series Description:
    Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 8
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 9

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

#1 Yojimbo, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  2. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

How's that a sign of them being fakes though?

3. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

What this show is still around???

;)

Seriously though, CN has to shape up.

Because the scheduling on this GREAT SHOW is soooo [messed] UP!!!

Mod Note: Inappropriate language removed.

4. Dorko

Dorko Member

Because I'm a moron who got this show's episode naming scheme mixed up with Smallville's and forgot that a third of the episode have had multi-word titles. :shrug:

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

DC Comics has released official details for the November 2011 issue of the Young Justice comic title. Click here to check it out!

6. ShamarDJ

ShamarDJ Member

does anyone have any idea who that could be?

7. graysongirl

graysongirl Active Member

Sweet :D sounds cool! The cover's cool looking, but i have no clue who that is either :sweat:

8. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

You know? The more I hear of the DCnU the more I'm about to just stick to Young Justice Earth 16

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Sweet, looks like a lot of stuff from the late 80s Captain Atom comics are being used in this two-parter with General Lemar's death.

That would be The Cambodian. He used a katana sword and wore armor fashioned from the Captain Atom Project's X-Ionizer technology. X-Ionizers were another of those MacGuffin devices, made things objects' molecular lattices superdense, thus indestructible. The sword could cut through anything, in this case, even Captain Atom.

Basically, the project needed something to use during operations and made the tech. Cambodian was basically a ex-warlord turned mercenary. But he was responsible for the murder that got Adam involved with the Captain Atom Project.

EDIT: Brandon Vietti blogs Phil Bourassa won a Primetime Emmy Award for his outstanding work as lead character designer on Young Justice.

10. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Congratuations to him. I think that is very deserved. I think Young Justice has some of the best character designs in cartoons I've seen.

11. quigonkenny

quigonkenny Active Member

Figures it was someone obscure. DC animated projects as of late, including YJ, have become particularly enamored of the more esoteric characters in the DC catalogue.

Very nice. And very well deserved.

12. jak d ripr

jak d ripr Member

Very well deserved award indeed, every single character in young justice is drawn in such an awesome manner it really is no surprise he won(for Gods sake he made both aquaman and aqualad look awesome). I keep hoping and praying this show is successful enough to spawn its own Animated universe similar to btas simply because id love to see more of this dudes art. Any word on if the show itself won any emmy's though?

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

on August 13th, DC Universe Unlimited posted three video Q&A clips they recorded during Comic Con:
    1. Brandon Vietti; 4 minutes, 27 seconds
    2. Greg Weisman; 2 minutes, 58 seconds
    3. Danica McKellar; 1 minute, 48 seconds
    Nothing new but Mr. Weisman does reiterate season one continues with 'over 200 DC characters' and 'more new teen heroes, new adult heroes, villains, The Light plans, and exploring this strange and dangerous world.' Previously, he said 179 DC characters by the season finale so maybe it looks like at least 21 new DC characters in season 2 so far (or he was talking in general).

14. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Fantastic news. It's well deserved, especially due to amount of thought and detail that was put into how each of the costumes would look based on their powers and how they use them.

Are you sure he said "season finale" for 179 characters because I remember a similar number being said that would appear by episode 16, since that's the number of choice for YJ.

15. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I've started a thread on a college sports off-topic message board I frequent about superhero media. The thread primarily discussed the DC/Marvel movies but there aren't many animation fans although there are some comic books fans. Please make some suggestions of things I should post to sell them on Young Justice to catch a few episodes before it come back in (hopefully) September. Hopefully we can use this as a way to figure out pitches to recruit more fans to the show.

16. Frellich

Frellich Member

Anyone notice that the cover designer is a different person? The signature is different from previous comics. Could they have changed the art designer again?

17. chdr

chdr Active Member

18. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

Awesome. Hopefully titles and synopses will be coming soon. And HOPEFULLY we get a long unbroken sequence of new episodes.

19. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Isn't that Christopher Jones' signature? He's the new artist for the tie-in comics.

Yes! Finally a concrete date. Red Arrow has quickly become one of my favourite characters, so it's gonna be nice to finally see this in HD.

20. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

After a long wait, Cartoon Network has scheduled new episodes of Young Justice and Batman: The Brave and The Bold to premiere Friday, September 16th, 2011 beginning at 6:00pm (ET). More details available at The World's Finest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.