"Young Justice: Legacy" Video Game Pre-Release Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Little Orbit, a worldwide game publisher, announced today that it has entered into a licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for the Young Justice: Legacy video game set to ship in early 2013 for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo's Wii system, and the Nintendo DS hand held system.

In Young Justice: Legacy, "A renowned archaeologist, Dr. Helena Sandsmark, is kidnapped, and the Team tracks a group of the Light's most notorious villains around the globe in an effort to rescue her. But when the young heroes discover the Light is exploiting Dr. Sandsmark's expertise to locate fragments of an ancient statue of legendary power, they must race against time to save the planet from imminent disaster."

Fans can look forward to an original storyline set in between Seasons 1 and 2 of the television series, written in collaboration with show writers Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti. The game is packed with fan favorite playable characters, cameo appearances by popular Justice League heroes and villains, and includes online multiplayer as well as local multiplayer modes.

[​IMG]

The press release for the Young Justice: Legacy video game is available at The World's Finest.

Official Links
    1. Legacy Website
    2. Legacy Twitter
    3. Legacy Facebook
    4. Legacy on Steam
    Current News
    Teaser Trailer (transcript and thumbnail gallery)
    Full Trailer (transcript and thumbnail gallery)
    Cutscene #1 (transcript)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Well that's certainly an interesting and unexpected development.

I'm a bit wary because Little Orbit is a relatively new publisher, only formed two years ago, and have only put out two games so far. An iPhone app Sherlock Holmes puzzle game and a haircutting sim for the Wii and DS. So making a multiplatform tie-in game is something entirely new to them. Not to mention tie-in games aren't exactly great themselves.

What does catch my attention is that Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti are writing for this so at least the characters and dialog will be well done. Though I don't think either of them has any experience writing for video games.

I'm also not sure what to make of the tagline "One will rise. One will fall. One will die."

3. Northern Sun

Northern Sun New Member

As much as I love Young Justice, I can't see myself buying it. TV show tie-in games tend to be mediocre at best, especially when it comes to gameplay.

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Well, this isn't unexpected, since almost every single animated series based on DC comics have gotten video games. I hope this one is good though.

5. FinalAvalanche

FinalAvalanche New Member

It looks like something major is going to happen to at least 3 of the 6 leads. I'm guessing Robin will be the one to rise, since he's supposed to step-up as team leader.

Since the game takes place between seasons 1&2 (which I'm kind of unsure on since season 1 ends New Year's Eve and season 2 picks up New Year's Day), the ones to fall and die will possibly be Artemis and Superboy, since they're the only ones missing from Invasion's action figure box.

I think Artemis is more likely to fall because her VA is confirmed for season 2, and the VA who voices her female relatives is returning as well. As to what is meant by fall, she'll probably either be injured or decides to quit the team (I doubt she'd become a villain, but she may decide to pursue a more violent brand of justice). As for Superboy even if he dies like in the comics, he's likely to be revived at some point.

In the game there are 12 heroes to play as and 12 villains to defeat, and with the show writers contributing to the game, I'm sure at least the storyline itself will be good. It's the gameplay itself I'm worried about. Translating powers to games can come across as repetitive or even tedious if not done properly.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

The best case scenario is that this takes after the game for Batman: The Brave and the Bold, except not so deliberately easy. That actually got decent reviews (7.0 territory, which *is* respectable) for its brawler gameplay and writing that was extremely faithful to the spirit of the TV program.

We'll see, though no one should expect much from multiplayer I think. For now, remember, the cool people will play Aqualad first. ;)

Before people read too much into the death, it seems highly unlikely to me that a lead character is going to buy it off screen as far as the animated series is concerned. Stranger things have happened, but not very many.

It's a good sign that the splash on the official site has silhouettes and glowy eyes, basically communicating a "this is going to be badass" message as a first impression.

7. reflection

reflection Active Member

Could have said something similar about Rocksteady Studios when Arkham Asylum was announced. I am concerned that it's a tie-in game.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

Rise: Ascend to Greatness usually (Robin is suppose to take over so him)
    Fall: Usually means in this context means death or going over to the darkside (Miss Martian, Aqualad, Artemis and Superboy could all fall to the darkside)
    Die: Well self explanatory really.

Has there even been a good a tie in videogame before? Most comic videogames are medicore at best anyway

9. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Batman: Arkham Asylum and its sequel, Arkham City, immediately come to mind as some of the best comic games. Spider-Man 2 held that title as well. As for CN-based games, yeah, most of them are not good, but as previously mentioned, Brave and the Bold was actually pretty decent.

Glad to see Weisman and Vietti are at least working on this, and it will probably be canon like the comic tie-in will be.

10. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

Not my sort of game but I might check it out

11. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

Sorry I meant to say besides those two games.

Yeah they provide plot, character designs and move sets.

12. FinalAvalanche

The game seems similar to the tie-in comic, so like the comic, the game could have scenes from the show in it. The game might have scenes from both the season 1 finale and season 2 premiere, with alot of new material in between. By the time the game comes out: who rises, who falls, and who dies will have already been answered.

13. graysongirl

graysongirl New Member

At the rate they're airing episodes? debatable... ;)

I think that this game will be pretty good! With Greg and Brandon working on it, at least the story will be good. And if people can take pleasure in button mashers (like super smash bros) this game will do fine.

Last CN comic show tye in... thing. that i played was the Teen Titans game. To be quite honest I loved it. Sure, it was stupid, and the graphics were terrible, but there was a reasonably funny plot and ending.

I think this game will be pretty good! And if its in continuity? EPIC!

14. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

graphics and character design need to be close to show at least.
    id take a super smash brothers moveset provided game is 3d.

now mutliplayer fighting that works just like SSB brawl is just fine. honestly super smash probably has my favorite fighting games. easy to explain and use the moves but incredible depth.

But yes assuming competent airing schedule we should no most of this by the time the game gets out.

characters besides the teens: Red Arrow, Rocket, Zatana, Garth, Batgirl, ????????

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

There's the possibility that they'll introduce new (to the YJ-verse) characters as well since we've got 12 playable heroes. Some will likely be mentors but I would not at all be surprised if they threw in someone without much consequence to the overall storyline and then killed them.

16. suss2it

suss2it New Member

I heard that the Captain America: First Avenger tie-in game was good too.

Don't have too may video games, and this doesn't sound like it's gonna be great or anything, but I'll try it since Weisman & Vietti are at least involved with the story.

17. FinalAvalanche

Unless Batgirl appears by the end of season 1, I doubt she'll be in the game. I think the game is more likely to showcase characters that have already appeared, versus those that haven't. Of course with 8 episodes of season 1 left, a few new young heroes may still appear.

Tula could be an option. Secret seems unlikely, but who knows. And Captain Marvel is technically a kid.

Another thing I'd like to know is who the 12 villains are. If it's 12 teen heroes, it would seem appropriate for there to be 12 teen villains. There is supposed to be a teen villain team set to appear by the end of season 1. Here's a list of those who have already appeared and their ages:

1) Icicle Junior-17
    2) Mammoth-18
    3) Shimmer-18
    4) Tommy Terror-18
    5) Tuppence Terror-18
    6) Cheshire-19
    7) Klarion-Ageless/Immortal
    8) Harm-19

Following the theory of a teen villain team, there are still at least 4 teen villains that will appear by the end of the season. My guess will be for Gizmo and Jinx, since they are iconic Teen Titans villains, who were on a team with Mammoth and Shimmer in DC comics.

18. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Cool a Young Justice video game :anime:
    I can't wait for more information

19. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

Tula and Captain Marvel work. Secret has no fighting style so unlikely.

For villians will still have the anti young justice team coming. Also Psimon.

20. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

Interesting to say the least. I have my hopes that this game will be good. As for the tag line "One will rise, One will fall, One will die" I guess that someone on the team will die after all :( Unfortunately, I'm guessing Superboy will be the one to die, which kinda sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.