Young Justice "Insecurity" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 31, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Insecurity"

1. *****

35.1%
  2. ****1/2

32.4%
  3. ****

21.6%
  4. ***1/2

5.4%
  5. ***

2.7%
  6. **1/2

2.7%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest Administrator Moderator Reporter

An all-new episode of Young Justice debuts today at 10:30am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network.

Young Justice
    Saturday, March 31st, 2012 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) - "#23 Insecurity"

Red Arrow’s return undercuts Artemis’s confidence, while the team’s mission to track down Sportsmaster threatens to expose her darkest secrets….

Comments?

2. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Your not so friendly Neighborhood Spiderman!

I like how they used the scene with Green Arrow and sports master, to show how much of a father figure Green Arrow is to Artimus.

3. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

OMG, Black Spider is Josh Keaton! I was hoping that would happen!

4. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

That just made it all the better!

And now she feels she has something to prove, specially because it's sports master.

5. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Unlikely Hero

Loved the nod to Spectacular Spidey by having Josh Keaton voice Black Spider and mention web-slinging.

6. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Why don't they just have Wally go in camouflage mode?

Also, family reunions are always nice! to bad this one could end up causing Artimus.

7. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

Whoa!!!

Huntress!!!????

I thought she was Tigress???

Even the International Version said she was Tigress.

Was Huntress a mistake???

Or are there 2 Huntress in the DC Universe??

8. Dorko

Dorko New Member

For the first forty years of the character's existence, she was called The Huntress. It wasn't until 1987 that they renamed her The Tigress and that secret identity applied to her pre-criminal career with the Young All-Stars.

Incidentally, she was also called Mrs. Menace at one point.

9. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter O Frabjous Day!

Hey, does anyone know if the reporter Jones from the beginning of the episode (the guy that Black Spider assaulted (also, Black Spider voiced by Josh Keaton. DAY MADE)) is an actual character from the comics? Because if not...yeah, the character count for this episode isn't looking good. At all.

Also, LordSidious, there were in fact THREE Huntresses in the comics: the one you're probably thinking of is Helena Bertinelli, one of the heroic versions, same one found in Justice League Unlimited. Helena Wayne is another heroic Huntress from Earth-2, and the daughter of Selena Kyle (AKA Catwoman) and Bruce Wayne. This would be the version found in the Birds of Prey live-action TV series. THIS Huntress, however, is Paula Brooks, a Golden Age villain of Wildcat. In this continuity, she's retired because of an injury. And, just like in the comics, she married and had a kid with Sportsmaster, or Lawrence Crock, and that child was, WAIT FOR IT, Artemis Crock, who is also known as Tigress (the third one, incidentally), and as our much beloved Artemis.

And there you go. This comic book nerd lecture was brought to you by mercury poisoned hats.

10. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

I can understand why Artimus wanted to comfort her sister and father herself, but she really should have gone in with back up.

Also while Wally didn't know the reason, his reaction makes me think that if every time something doesn't go their way he is just going to start casting blame instead of trying to figure out why. Whatever relationship He and Artimus could have in the future won't work out.

11. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

So what Artemis is hiding is that she's not at all proud her father and sister (step sister I think?) are basically criminals?

12. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

"Aqualad and I found the tracer on a caboose....and I don't mean Cheshire's." :cool:

Dad?!!

13. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

Cool history lesson guys about Huntress ;)

Guess I was thrown off by the International Version calling her Tigress instead.

14. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

So, it's just a matter of time till...Artemis lives up to her comic-book counterpart then now.

15. theRedDeath

theRedDeath New Member

Anybody else catch that the teleportation entrance that Artemis used at the beginning of the episode was the TARDIS from Doctor Who?

---

16. Monte

Monte Active Member

Close, it has nothing to do with pride; she's just hiding the fact that she comes from a family of criminals

17. Nygma

Nygma New Member

Keep in mind Wally was right by her side the entire time, until Artemis had no response to his question of her placing a tracer on the train. I think his reaction was perfectly understandable given the circumstances. If anything, until Artemis stops keeping secrets and learns to trust the people she's closest to, it's going to be the biggest road block for a relationship with Wally in the future.

18. FightingDreamer

FightingDreamer Mutant on the Rise

We're almost down to the wire now. Just three more episodes, and at least *some* of our questions will be answered. Laundry list!:

-Josh Keaton popping up briefly as Black Spider was a nice surprise; I had a feeling they would cast him if the character got any lines since his first "grunts only" appearance. The webslinging line was a nice treat too.

-Loved Superboy's sheepish body language on the "got any stakeouts for us?" line.

-Crispin's read on "What?! No!" was hilarious.

-Making Kid Flash go from opening up more to Artemis to distrusting her again was just cruel, writers. It made total sense, but Greg, Brandon and company sure do love yanking our chains, don't they?

-Aqualad's absence in the final fight is... slightly suspicious. I have this awful feeling he's going to turn out to be the long-term mole. He might not be, of course; Weisman's shows love pulling the rug out from under us, but they also play fair. I can't help but worry though.

-God, Nick Chinlund is so freaking good as Sportsmaster. I love how creepy his rough voice ends up sounding near the end when he's giving his twisted "pep talk" to Artemis.

-I couldn't help but fondly roll my eyes at Red Tornado picking "John Smith" as his secret identity name.

-I'm not exactly a fountain of knowledge about the inner workings of the DC Universe, so Paula Crock revealing she was the Huntress at one point completely blindsided me. I guess I never realized there was a previous one before the one I'm familiar with (Helena Bertinelli). *looks at previous posts* Thanks for the history lesson!

19. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

He didn't pick it in this episode though, did he? Martian Manhunter mentioned Red Tornado's 'John Smith' alias back in "Targets".

20. Dorko

Dorko New Member

As Monte said, it's not a matter of pride. Her parents were both active super-criminals when she was young, her sister ran away and became an assassin with the League of Shadows, her father is still active in super-villainy and is the person who trained her, and she was living with him while The Team was fighting him. Since none of her team mates know what it's like to have a truly acrimonious relationship with a parent (all of them have/had loving parental figures who didn't try to turn them into assassins), she doesn't think they'd trust her to choose them over her family.

I hope not. That would kind of send a horrible message.