Young Justice "Humanity" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 21, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Humanity"

1. *****

46.8%
  2. ****1/2

34.0%
  3. ****

14.9%
  4. ***1/2

2.1%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

2.1%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

An all-new episode of Young Justice debuts tonight at 6:30pm (ET) on Cartoon Network.

[​IMG]
    Click here for further details on this series!
    Young Justice
    "Humanity"

Original Airdate: Friday, October 21st, 2011

Synopsis: The Team is on the hunt for Red Tornado, determined to find out once and for all whether the robot was the mole – even if it means kidnapping new friend Zatanna and dragging her along on their quest!

Comments?

2. JustLeagExpansio

JustLeagExpansio New Member

Zatanna premieres,eh. So this is the episode. Wonder why its called Humanity. Oh well. 6:30 can't come soon enough.

3. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

..........."No more Pinnochios."

4. Restless

Restless Kinda mostly a lurker

Can't wait for a screenshot of those old heroes! Looks like the Justice Society will continue to be referenced.

Also...4 Green Lanterns! And...Firebrand! And...

5. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

That was brutal, even if the scientist is a robot.

6. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

"Um.. are they coming out to play or not?" Hahaha. Oh lord.

Awesome, awesome episode here. Really enjoyed all of it. Zatanna was just too good.

7. TAS257

TAS257 New Member

Seeing as thought I don't live in the US, I have just one question. Did Zatanna end up joining the Team? Thanks.

TAS257

8. pyue

pyue New Member

THE SOUNDTRACK. The music was so amazing.
    I am disappointed that Zatanna didn't join! I like her already. She'd make a nice addition to the team. She should run away (like Toph from Avatar), although her dad would know where to find her... :p

Anyone catch who voiced Zatanna?

9. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Active Member

How do we know she didn't join the team? Really there was no answer ether way.

10. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Killing off Tornado's brothers and sisters felt a bit too anti-climatic, as if they were trying to wrap the storyline up in one episode so they wouldn't have to flesh them out. I can't say I really like that.

Otherwise, Zatanna was nice. Hopefully she'll join the team.

It's not too clear. Zatarra yells about not letting her join, but it feels more like comic relief. Zatanna and company hadn't returned, either, so who knows if it'll be explained that she weasels her way out of it and gets to join.

11. pyue

pyue New Member

It's possible that she did, but Zatara seemed really upset about her going with the team.
    Maybe she could convince him otherwise, but I think it's unlikely that she joined.
    I still have hope that she will eventually, though.

12. gohstphantomhive

gohstphantomhive 99% synchronization level

geez, Robin didn't even give her time to breathe when zatanna came in. amazing episode though. I wonder if having 3 den mothers there is just a normal thing now? or maybe their just visiting or have nothing better to do ...

13. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 New Member

Tonight's episode continues to tell the tale of Red Tornado's turn to the "Dark Side" (as seen in Home Front) and is written by Greg Weisman, himself!

*We actually see T.O. Morrow again since Welcome to the Happy Harbor. As expected, he is the one who created Red Tornado, just like in the comics (though I was informed that there might be a "co-creator" in this version...). Looks like he's planning to make more "tweaks" to him...

*Kid Flash's arm is still damaged from the previous episode, Captain Marvel is wading on him hand and foot and Black Canary is back! We also see Zatara arriving...and this time, he brings his daughter, Zatana along! Hmm, is the Boy Wonder crushing on the young magician?

*Zatana figuring out the team having a "psychic conversation" was hilarious! Is that Lacey Chabert voicing her?

*Captain Marvel playing fetch with Wolf was adorable and funny at the same time!

*T.O. Morrow's story about the "History of the Reds" was very informative. It was great to see a little bit of the Justice Society's era.

*Ah, a visit to Belle Reeve and the team questioning Professor Ivo, with Kid Flash bringing up an excellent point why to question him. Zatana getting him to talk (with Ivo's quick response time) was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*I have to agree with Morrow, I don't like Pinocchio one bit either.

*Red Volcano is born...and precedes to kill his dad while complementing him at the same time! Morrow was an android too? That doesn't seem that surprising, giving past experience.

*Looks like Morrow's assistant was able to give the bots the slip. Ivo also tries to warn Morrow (unaware of his "death") of the team's arrival.

*Red Tornado attacks the team once again...though he hasn't killed them yet...

*Ah, it was an act...which Red Volcano caught on to. He's going to start his eruption plan now!

*Zatana proves just how awesome she is at magic! I bet Paul Dini would be really happy with how Greg Weisman handled her!

*Tornado tries to convince his siblings to do a heel-face-turn...

*Robin's moments with Zatana due, indeed give a "Wally vibe". Zatana doesn't mind, though.

*Yep, it worked! The other 3 Red Siblings rebel against their "younger brother"!

*Gotta give Kid Flash props for taking charge with the volcano crisis! Man, that was intense!

*As expected, Red Tornado isn't the mole after all. Though he apparently wasn't reprogramed even in Home Front. It was all an act. We also learn why he became the "den mother" in the first place.

*Ah, so the real Morrow is still alive after all...but barley. That's pretty big of Tornado.

*I must admit, Robin and Zatana does seem pretty cute...and Zatara's reaction was funny!

Pretty fun episode! I like their take on Zatana, hopefully she will join the team eventually, despite what her dad is saying now.

14. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

With Tornado's brothers and sister being taken out this episode, I actually like how they handled it. How much more can you really flesh out androids like that? Give it a moment of clarity where they realize they weren't human, but still super heroes, have them go out in a really heroic way while Tornado also helps save the day and get on the good side of the team again.. seems nicely wrapped up to me.

With whether Zatanna joined up or not.. yeah, who knows. She seems like a character that'll help whenever she can sneak out of the house, Haha. She did mention how she used a specific spell on a smaller scale to get out of the house, after all.

And the soundtrack is so good, yeah.

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Zatanna was pleasantly shown to be pretty powerful while still having rational limits on what she could do. That's a nice touch since she seems to have a reputation for being a walking deus ex machina in the comics.

Really liked this episode. Something fairly light-hearted and fun was a nice touch after the Injustice League episode.

16. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

Yeah, Robin pulled a Wally to M'gann with Zatanna tonight, Haha.. but it seemed to work pretty well. Zatanna's always been pretty flirty and hard to offend though, so it may work. That and we haven't seen much of Barbs in this yet.. so who's to know. Friendly back and forth between all characters is most definitely welcome.

Still curious about who the mole's gonna be..

17. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I think bother of the elder siblings could have gotten more expansion. Torpedo was a loner and oh-dear-Lord-I-can't-remember-the-sister's-name appeared to be more social. Dropping those short flashbacks then killing them five minutes later makes them less like characters and more like plot devices.

18. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

15 episodes ALL GREAT!!!

I've never seen a series on such a hot streak!!

What we've learned on this episode:

- Zatarra's number is 11

Which leaves 09, 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15???

- Artemis can beat Robin in a hand to hand fight.

- Zatanna's power level

- T.O. Morrow is in the hospital as an old man while having android body of himself living his life

- Red Tornado was part of the JSA which makes me wonder why he's the last on the list as # 16.....I'm surprise Captain Marvel isn't 16..i'm deducing him to be # 15

- Tornado is NOT the mole

- The mole is still on the loose!!! I'm guessing Superboy BUT as a sleeper mole.

19. horrorbusiness

horrorbusiness New Member

This show never seems to disappoint in my opinion, It's like one solid episode after another.

Usually if a show was wrapping up a plot line it would either be super intense, or it would be a type of filler episode, this was neither. Also after last weeks "huge" episode you would expect it to be tuned down, this was not the case. It felt original and was entertaining and fun throughout.

I'm just mad I have to rewatch it and try to figure out Zatannas spells.

Also, I never read much JSA, but the old JSA flashbacks with them posing for pictures evoked "Watchmen" for me

20. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Very nice episode. I mean, Zatanna! My favorite! How can you not love her? Honestly, I feel like she was kind of flat here - not that she's boring, but that she didn't get enough time to really be fleshed out. I can't imagine them introducing her for such a one-off appearance; whether she joins or not, I'd be she'll be making some more appearances. Her voice actress was solid - anyone catch who it was? - and I liked the casual outfits. It WAS awesome to see her switch to the retro look, though. I smiled.

Even better was T.O. Morrow and his machines. The Pinocchio... motif, I suppose? Whatever it was, it was really well done. Got a bit of a chill when Volcano tore off his arms: "No more Pinocchios." Chilling. Nice to see some flashbacks to the early days of superheroes, too; was that Alan Scott with the JSA? And, of course, the ultimate return to heroics was fitting.

Cool to see Red Tornado get some development, too. Legs burn to stubs! A meeting with dad (that really got me... very sympathetic, even if he is evil)! Learning to... love!

Oh, also, using the Yellowstone supervolcano in a supervillain plot? Major props, guys, major props.