Young Justice "Coldhearted" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 10, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - Young Justice - "Coldhearted"

1. *****

34.1%
  2. ****1/2

25.0%
  3. ****

34.1%
  4. ***1/2

2.3%
  5. ***

4.5%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

An all-new episode of Young Justice debuts today at 10:30am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network.

Young Justice
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) - "#20 "Coldhearted"

Wally West comes oh-so-close to fulfilling his birthday wish to finally fight alongside the Justice League. Instead, a massively disappointed Kid Flash is taken off the mission and tasked with a simple delivery job. But a few deadly surprises await the birthday boy along the way...

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I hope we finally get some development from Wally.

His reaction to Superboy and Miss Martian was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  3. r0derix

r0derix New Member

Why is the closest available heart for a girl in Seattle all the way in Boston?? Still a good start, and I love the scars across Vandal's face.

4. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

That smiling villainous dirt clod! KF come on, you have to figure it out. It's obviously a trick!

5. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Damn, I almost thought they let the girl die. Nice fakeout.

6. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

And five stars! It's good to see Wally get some development,

7. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Damn, if it weren't for that twist at the end, we just might've seen the darkest episode in DCAU history. Luckily, Kid Flash had a pretty perfect plan to save everything, nice job. Didn't get to see another appearance from The Light, but the twist with the 4 ice villains was pretty intriguing.

8. gohstphantomhive

gohstphantomhive 99% synchronization level

in retrospect I should have guessed that they wouldn't let the 10 yr old girl die... but I loved the episode.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

The biggest twist in this episode was that this didn't further the Light's plans.

10. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 New Member

Overall, an only alright episode. I gave it three stars. It was kinda dissapointing after the team centered episode last week to get such a one character foucs. Happy it explained why Count VErtigo wasn't sent to Belle Reve, but was dissapointed by the only a little time given to Vandal Savage. Also happy they didn' let the little girl die. I did lke the scene early on between Robin and Zatanna when he brings her cake and tries to comfort her a little. Really like those two together. I would've also liked to have seen a little bit more of a reaction from Wally on finding out about Miss Martian/Superboy- seems to me like he underreacted. I also found funny how Artemis got jealous of Wally hitting on Megan so much, and her deciding to be the one to tell Wally.

11. jph139

jph139 Immortal

TRIPLE fakeout.

Oh no, he's too late...

Wait, it was a trick from Vertigo!

Wait, no, it doesn't matter, she died anyways...

Wait, it was a trick from WALLY!

I think it would have been more, hmm, impactful if they actually let her die, but it was a pretty simple sort of episode where Kid Flash learns a lesson about the things that really matter and blah blah blah. No need to have dead little girls hanging over it all.

Overall it was a solid episode, though I'm not sure what the overarching purpose of Vandal Savage was. I assumed it was his plan initially, for whatever reason, but it seems it was Vertigo's? And Vertigo is a... member of the Light? I assumed that the Injustice League didn't really have anything to do with the Light and were manipulated without their knowledge, but it seems Vertigo, at least, has the connections to utilize the Ice Five and even use one of the members of the Light (though that may just be a solid - I could see Vertigo and Savage being buds).

Vertigo is totally the best, though. My favorite villain thusfar, no doubt - Young Justice has really taken a two-bit chump and made him SUPER cool. Even if he is a sort of Doom knockoff with the diplomatic immunity and the high-class complex and all that. If you're going to knock someone off, you'd better knock off the best, y'know?

(And I'm glad it wasn't Vertigo's plan to be captured or something like that. THAT would have been ridiculous.)

12. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Great episode :anime:
    My favorite parts are the fight scenes and Kid Flash finding out that Miss Martian and Superboy are together XD

13. Santino

Santino New Member

Possibly my favorite episode yet. I'm a huge Wally West fan, I love snow episodes, my hometown city of Chicago had a cameo, and the episode didn't end with the same old crap featuring The Light declaring "everything is going just as planned, everyone will see The Light muahahahaha".

KF had to start his trip in Rhode Island anyways, so he might as well have picked up the heart in Boston.

14. horrorbusiness

horrorbusiness New Member

Wasn't this episode essentially the same plan Vertigo had in the Green Arrow animated short......kill his niece to become King. I wish Vandal Savage would have had a better, more menacing intro than just trying to delay Kid Flash...I guess his endgame would have furthered his interests though

It was an enjoyable episode, Young Justice never fails to impress

15. graysongirl

graysongirl New Member

• Dang, Wally eats a lot!
    • The 'surprise' party was cute
    • I loved Wally's reaction to Connor and M'gann, and I'm glad they didn't make it a total angstfest, and I especially love that Artemis got to break the news ;)
    • Wally's got a solo mission, but he's bumped out of the league mission. On his b-day too!
    • He's kind of being a jerk about it, but i suppose its slightly understandable.
    • They put Robin and Superboy in the supercycle in the same places as in the comics with con and tim! :D
    • They cleared a path just for him? That takes effort! Yay for showing law enforcement!
    • I love that one convo! "Did you see him?!" "Nope." ^_^
    • Robin and Bats and the Aquas! Awesomee :D
    • Aqualad BA Moment - jumping all over his king - sweet!
    • VANDAL SAVAGE :O!!
    • DONT DO IT WALLY, IGNORE! IGNORE!!
    • He planned on this?!?!?! WHAAT?! VANDAL IS A BLEEPING BLEP OF A BLEEP!!!!
    • He's too late?!?! 0.0!!!! #Tearjerker!
    • That- not the real doctor! Dont give up the bag! Dont give up the bag!
    • OMIBEJEBERS! VERTIGO!
    • WALLY = KICKASS!!!
    • EPICC
    • She died anway :'(
    • She's okay?!?! Vertigo's lost his immunity? He's goin to jail?! DUDE!
    • How does Wally aways get so hurt and Robin's got no injuries?!?
    • Souveneer - that kid knows him too well!
    • His final pick is so much nicer :)
    10000/10!!!

16. Dorko

Dorko New Member

This is the first time where The Light seems to have achieved no objective that furthers their larger goals. I mean, they have Count Vertigo in the prison they control, but I imagine that having either a king or a person with diplomatic immunity would be more useful to them than another inmate. Though I suppose that the attack on Fate's Tower was also a pretty clean win for The Team.

Did anyone else catch that Doctor Fate/Zatara still pals about with the Justice League? That must make for awkward meetings.

17. magicdog

magicdog New Member

Not a bad ep, and it was nice to see Wally get a bit more focus. I'm also relieved he finally knows about Miss M. & Connor. They could only stretch that out for so long. I think his underreaction was to avoid looking bad at his own party; or perhaps he had a feeling deep down about it and realized he couldn't deny it anymore.

I agree and I wondered for a minute if they really were really going to go there. Once Vertigo mentioned that it would take a crime against his country to relieve him of his immunity, I realized Wally had set him up.

I have to admit though Vertigo would have been a real nightmare if he had become the king!

If the cold villians didn't do this (and assuming Hugo Strange isn't lying about them having stayed put in their prison cells) then maybe this was some tech from Darkseid? Who else would be able to create tech to make it snow across the northern US at the same time?

Not a member of the Light, just a servant of theirs.

18. jph139

jph139 Immortal

See, that's what I was thinking. So, did he KNOW that he was set up to take the fall in the whole Injustice League thing? I can see that making sense, since with the immunity he knew he wouldn't get into any real trouble... but what about the rest of the team? Was the Joker in on it? Black Adam? Wotan?

Maybe it was a trade-off - he helps out Vandal by taking the fall for the Light, Vandal helps him take out Perdita.

19. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool New Member

I get it Count Vertigo joined the "Injustice League" so the Light would owe him a favor.

20. Monte

Monte Active Member

An excellent episode.
    Really my favorite has to be the twist at the end. The show put enough tension into the scene to convince a person to think that the kid died. There was a constant emphasis on the ever shrinking time frame so when they said she died it seemed believable. What also helps is knowing that this was a plot by the light who usually succeed in their plans; so the light's record for success helped to set up a situation where its believable that Wally would fail.