Young Justice "Auld Acquaintance" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 21, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - The "Young Justice" Season Finale

1. *****

58.9%
  2. ****1/2

28.6%
  3. ****

7.1%
  4. ***1/2

3.6%
  5. ***

1.8%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

The season finale of Young Justice is here!

Young Justice
    Saturday, April 21st, 2012 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) - "#26 Auld Acquaintance"

The team finally learns the identity of the traitor in their midst, forcing a battle against an enemy more dangerous than any they’ve ever faced before!

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Nice! I like that we are getting to sides to the story, Kilowog as helping one of the clans while Hal is finding out what's going on with the other.

Edit: Oh boy! these people survive on the crystals and Kilowog is eating it.

3. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Wrong thread. XD

Also Season FInale time!

4. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Thanks for the heads up! I don't know where my head was at.

Edit: Well glad to see that Roy is at least trying to make up for his betray even with the league after him. Savages plans then, by which I mean this was his plot to get everyone against Roy.

5. Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou [Insert title]

Batman actually had me going for a bit, I'm glad they didn't go with the League already knowing Roy was the mole as the real story.

6. Gold Starz

Oh geez, they just keep coming!

7. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

So is Black Canary really herself or do you think its M'gann?

Ah so it was Canary.

8. Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou [Insert title]

Okay I totally take that back. This episode is throwing me for a loop all over the place.

9. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

The light knows what they are doing and can't be tricked that easily.

10. Gold Starz

I love how they just played Vandal.

11. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Looks like everybody is getting their Freduian issues out in this ep.

Awww, poor Reddy.

12. Gold Starz

Wondergirl and Blue Beetle is in the first episode of Season 2! Awesome!

13. Nygma

Nygma New Member

Kid Flash: "I should've done this a long time ago."

Artemis: "No kidding."

Artemis took the words out of my mouth.:)

14. Alex20

Alex20 New Member

I was thinking Red Arrow would be a clone of Guardian. I did not expect there to be another Roy Harper.

15. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Whoo so good! I was worried they'd get too exposition heavy (because there was a LOT) but pretty much everything else was action. It was a bit too easy, frankly... but if this was just one stepping stone of many... man, Earth is SCREWED.

The sort of Darwinist scheme that the Light was running with makes sense. I mean, most of those characters are, in their own ways, very "humanist." Well, not Ra's - he's sort of anti-humanist - but the rest definitely think of humanity as something being held back by do-gooders. THEY are the prime of the species. They deserve it.

Red Arrow being a clone was pretty obvious, I think, but I didn't expect to see Speedy (sans arm!) at the end. I could easily see him becoming Arsenal and co-existing with Red Arrow. I mean, why not, eh?

If I was disappointed by anything, it was the large swath of Justice Leaguers that didn't get to do much. It's fine with Atom and Captain Marvel and all that, but Wonder Woman in a bubble the whole time? A shame, really. But the action that did come out: Superboy vs. Superman, Batman vs. Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Artemis against their mentors... well done scenes. I like that they explained why the League wasn't at their peak... and even then, Batman was outclassing his protégé by far. Until the Fastball Special, at least.

And a cute ending. Everyone kisses (Zatanna grabbing Robin was the cutest, I think, even if it doesn't really go anywhere), Superman finally talks to his clone, Red Tornado lays on the floor without any limbs... picture perfect finale! I'm just not sure how the repercussions will be - I expected a LOT more fallout from this than we seemed to get. I mean, at least a public distrust of the League for being captured so easily.

But I suppose we'll see what those 16 hours (another mention of 16 as that special number...) mean. Probably the floodgates for the invasion. Next week is HYPE.

16. Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus New Member

Holy crap, not just an awesome episode, but the preview for next week, Wondergirl, Beastboy, Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Lobo!

17. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

OH yeah, my girl is finally showing up. I was really spilt on if I wanted it to be Donna or Cassie, but I"m glad that one of them is finally joining Diana. Plus it kinda makes sense to have Cassie on Young Justice while Donna is on Super Best Friends Forever.

I wish the toyline wasn't dying out because I really love the designs that they are using in Young Justice for all of the Heroes and Villains, plus I really wanted a Cassie Wonder Girl figure.

This was an incredible episode, lots of great action and a good amount of those "little moments" that mean so much to the over all series. I loved the Wonder Woman in a bubble, because Diana is as strong as Superman and is one of if not the best fighter in most DC realities so it makes since that she'd be the hardest to take down. Although I wonder if there was a cut scene where the entire team had to take her own or if they had to wait for more of the actual Justice League members to come to and give them a hand in curing Wonder Woman.

I can't wait to see how they handle the Roy/Speedy/ Red Arrow storyline. This show is one of the best shows in a long time and I love it.

18. Replikon Xum

Replikon Xum Reporter

Now that this episode has aired, I can now ask people to re-watch "Agendas" and take a close look at what are floating in those tubes in the chamber where Superboy found and first battled Match. Very interesting...

Xum

19. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious New Member

ONLY GRIPE!!!

Rocket is powerful enough to imprison someone like Wonder Woman????

20. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Not just that.

Watch the "broken arrow" scene in "Targets". Notice anything you haven't noticed before?