1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

:D

Excellent points. Secrets, secrets, secrets.

Awesome. Not only the first, but several episodes and Secret! It really is Christmas in July.

2. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

Nice to hear that Peter David will be writing. Hopefully he can bring some of what he did on the series into the show.

3. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Wow for once they made Robin Muscular.

4. Ian

Ian ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

I'm torn. On one hand, the series looks great, and has considerable pedigree; on the other hand, it doesn't really feel like Young Justice. Given that the book was had a rather singular and particular vision throughout its run—Peter David was the writer for all but about two of the issues, and Todd Nauck was the series' regular artist from beginning to end—and that it's one of my favorite series ever, seeing a series using the name but not its trappings (aside from the more superficial ones) or even its aesthetic feels, well, not quite right. That said, I'll definitively be giving it a shot, particularly if PAD is writing.

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind. If the words "space baseball" come up, I'm instantly considering this the best series ever.

5. Azrayel

Azrayel Active Member

I can't wait for this series in November, one because Aqualad is the leader and since I don't know much about him other than appearing in Teen Titans this will have me get to know the guy better, and since Greg is working on the show is another reason why I can't wait, because his work on The Spectacular Spiderman was amazing.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, you're in luck. There's going to be not one but two Aqualad's on Young Justice. ;)

7. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

We don't know what kind of role Garth will have do we?

Who is Secret?

8. Harlequinn

Yeah. She was a very important character. She had mist powers. She was like a ghost.

[​IMG]

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, just that he's appearing. I'm hedging on as Tempest.

She was a girl who was killed and stranded in limbo by her step brother, who becomes a super villain called Harm. So she's basically a ghost. She was held by the Department of Extranormal Operations but Robin, Impulse and Superboy saved her and convinced her to join Young Justice. Before her name was revealed, she was nicknamed Suzie and thus her codename Secret. I think Spectre eventually became her mentor.

10. Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle Member

You know counting its Dick as Robin in a team of teen heroes I know a lot of people including me are going to compare him directly to Robin from Teen Titans. Something they could have avoided had he been Nightwing or Tim. In TTs Robin was very serious, dark, calculating and very much like Batman, he was pretty badass and that made him great. I wonder how they'll deal with him here? Will he also be like TTs Robin? That'd be awesome, or will they make him a goofball for the sake of him being different? What I liked about TTs was it showed Dick being able to step outside of Batmans shadow and be a hero without him, here not only will you have Batman over him but if they make him into too much of an immature character that'd be a shame, that is always ***** role when he appears in Batman shows so when its not a Batman show he shouldn't act like that.

11. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

A second look at the footage.

Possible episode titles: License to Drive(someone on a motorcycle, possibly Batman), No Curfew(Artemis), First Date(Kid Flash), Final Exam/Graduation(Aqualad), Sweet Sixteen(Miss Martian), Leaving Home(Superboy). You can also tell that they've been testing different versions of the series title font.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks like Cheshire in that last one next to the 'exterminator' villain in the last screenshot.

13. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter O Frabjous Day!

And i thin k next to Cheshire I see someone that looks like Psycho-Pirate, judging by the mask shape and the general figure.

Secret's in this!!! Yes. YES. YEEEAAAAAAAASSS!!!!

And yet, still confusing. Red Arrow and Tempest are probably in this series, yet Robin is not only Dick Grayson, but Dick Grayson is still Robin? This is intencely confusing. But this series looks awesome anyway, so, SWEET!!

YEEEEAAAAAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAAAAAAAEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

14. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

I was thinking Psycho Pirate/Chesire too, but I can't get a good look.

15. Harlequinn

WOOOOOO Chesire. I'm thinking Green Arrow dies and Speedy takes his place. And maybe Artemis dies to make room for Arrowette and Wonder Girl.

16. D.Shaffer

D.Shaffer Busou Shinki Cult Member #8

This looks wonderful, and I'm probably going to enjoy it...

But it comes off less like Young Justice and more like a new adaption of Teen Titans. Still, if that really WAS a hint that Secret is showing up, that'll help.

17. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Member

Even though it isnt a direct adaption of YJ, even using the YJ name makes sense. And TT was different since they joined on their own and did what they want. This team takes orders from the big leagues themselves.

18. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

19. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.