1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Aqualad being the leader is certainly different.

2. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Umm he doesn't look that much like Spyke. Sure he has similar hair colour, but his is shorter and has a different haircut. I'd say he looks fairly different.

Looking at the promo poster him, Artemis, and Superboy seem to have a scowl going on while Robin and Kid Flash seem to have a neutral expression and Ms Martian is smiling. I doubt this is going to be their entire base personalities so don’t worry about him being an angry black kid till we actually have enough info to verify it.

3. young101

young101 Member

Including the justice league is awesome! Makes me so much more excited for this show. I love the designs and can't believe they are including all these characters. Is Andrea Romano voice director and why isn't there any news on what people are voicing all these characters?

4. SKDarkDragon

SKDarkDragon Shorter-than-Average

:sad: Urg, Damien's personality is nothing like Dick's. Damien's a brat, and Dick was a good kid. I so hope they don't try anything like that. (Though, I seriously doubt it.) I'm hoping they'll keep him along the lines of Dick from The Batman, who was also portrayed as being 12-14 years old.

Also, I can't help but agree with whoever said Aqualad looks like Spyke from X-men: Evo. Not that it's a bad look, but that's just what came to mind at first.

5. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Well, considering his parent, I don't know if they're changing his powers.
    He is shown in the trailer to keep water-weapons that he can congtrol on his person at all times. So, I'm guessing he has the same powers as before.
    Which means, telepathic control of water, Super-strength, and super-endurance/near-invulnerability.

6. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

No, and I posted all the announced voices earlier a few pages back.

I noticed a change in the Young Justice title font in this picture.
    http://www.dccomics.com/sites/events/content/sdcc/2010/slideshows/friday_floor/30.jpg
    Must be just a slight change for the poster, since I'm guessing the actual title being used will be the blue one previously seen.

#466 Dreyfus, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
  7. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The different fonts reminded of the Teen Titans logo during the title sequence.

So in the podcast, I heard how they noted Artemis is an existing DC character, not Wonder Girl nor Arrowette who will appear later. Seems like a reformed Female Fury after all?

9. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I'm really liking the direction this show is going. The concept makes sense and it's refreshing too.

10. Livy1213

Livy1213 Riding in a '67 Chevy Impala

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call Artemis turning into a bad guy. Just a guess.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It's a good one. I mean, if they did pull her from Apokolips, then she probably still had a few homicidal tendencies. Another member of this team with a similar situation could be Aqualad since Black Manta was revealed to his father but Aqualad doesn't know much about his origins from what was said so far.

12. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

Robin looks so cocky in that picture. I also find it interesting that Brandon Vietti is emphasizing the fact that the show is "all about secrets".

#472 Dreyfus, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I couldn't stop looking at his oven mitt gloves. I like this show more and more everyday.

14. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

Looks like he wears some sort of hydration system around his neck from the video.

I didn't even notice that. Maybe Robin's taking up baking.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, it looks like he's got a constant supply of water for survival and/or offensive use integrated into that back part of his costume that's tied into the scales/tattoos on his body. The tattoos glowed when he created water weapons. In the video that Dreyfus mentions, he was part of a mission in a jungle/rain forest and kicked some butt if I recall. There's no question if Aqualad's a weakling in this show if you see the video.

Batman taught him to be prepared for anything. :p

16. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

Well Alfred shouldn't have to do all the cooking.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1108218p1.html

17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Aqualad is Black Manta's son
    In the comics, Wally's dad worked for the Manhunters. Not to mention that Wally was a hothead at times.
    Superboy is half-Luthor.
    Miss Martian is a white martian in the comics (and they aren't the nicest martians on the block).

The majority of the cast have villainous relations in the comics. It will be interesting to see how many of them are done that way in the show.

I'm still coming to grips with the fact that this show will be a much different beasts than the YJ books (since I'm a very die hard fan of those comics). It's feeling a lot like an alternate version of the first Teen Titans team crossed with an X-Force styled task force, which is still very cool.

#477 Rick Jones, Jul 25, 2010
  18. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

Oh Snap!!!

Its premiering in November!

:D:D:D...

19. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Young Justice comic series mainstay Peter David will be writing episodes for the show.

I was really looking forward to it after the initial videos, but damn this is like the icing on the awesome cake.

20. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, Secret. I hope all of the creepy stuff connected to her remain (her origin, powers, Harm, etc).

#480 Rick Jones, Jul 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.