1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

What if you’re not just a normal teenager? The new Young Justice animated series was officially announced to premiere during the 2010 - 2011 season on Cartoon Network at Cartoon Network's annual Advertising Upfront presentation at New York’s Time Warner Center, held April 21st, 2010.

[​IMG]
    Young Justice Poster: (Left to Right) Artemis, Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Aqualad
    "Young Justice" © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
    "Young Justice" and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics
    Official Description:

Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

Keep it locked at toonzone News and The World's Finest for Cartoon Network 2010 Upfronts updates as they happen!

2. AnimationX

AnimationX R.I.P Tangath Toborn

So they officially announced this at the Upfront, huh? Very cool! This is one of those shows I have been hoping to see more of and this show would definitly make a great addition to either YAH or a revamped Saturday morning schedule, just great news all around. :anime::D

3. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Sweet. Now if CN will announce the rumored Green Lantern series, we'll be in the clear.

4. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

This show looks alright and I am slightly excited for it, but I think I'm going to not let myself get too excited about it just in case it disappoint's me upon it's premier, I do know there is a Green Lantern series in the works though and once that gets announced (someday) I will probably lose all sense of reality and geek out. Still, more DC related programming is a good thing in my opinion seeing as how Marvel seems to be the more agressive of the two companies when it comes to animation.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, this series could end up being good. Now if only CN will promote it at least half as much as Adventure Time.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

And this is the point where me and everyone else should start getting very, very optimistic about this series. That's talent right there, folks.

I'm particularly happy to see Mr. Weisman working on a good project without Spectacular Spider-Man around.

7. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Alright they got Kon El in there. I believe this the first time we have see him animated. Btw is blond guy Aqualad?

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Greg Weisman involvement is enough to convince me to tune in. He always produces good work.

9. Callonme

Callonme Member

So, let me get this straight.

The designs for Young Justice are sleek and animation-friendly.

The excellent director Brandon Vietti is going to be a producer.

And Greg Weisman, a man responsible for some of the greatest animation in recent memory, is another producer.

Color me ecstatic. This certainly lessens the blow of losing Spectacular Spider-Man.

10. ToonFaithful

ToonFaithful The One Who Knocks™

I'm tuning in to this. It has that Teen Titans feeling to it.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

No offense to any fans of Teen Titans, but I kind of hope this series isn't like Teen Titans was. We've already seen that. I know by its' very nature, Young Justice calls for a lighter touch, and I don't mind that at all (I read my first ever Tiny Titans comic this weekend and I thought it was cute), but I could do without all the quasi-anime stuff. Still, looking forward to YJ.

Yep, that's Aqualad. If the producers wanted an African-American hero on the roster, they could've gone with Cyborg or Bumblebee or even Static (now that Virgil is officially part of the DCU) who are already black to begin with, but I'll hold off passing judgment until I see the character in action.

12. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

Yes that's him. From left to right; Artemis, Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Aqualad.

Yeah I hope it's not like that either. That stuff ruins it for me.

Uh... in case you didn't notice these guys all have an adult counterpart. Cyborg, Static and Bumblebee don't have any counterparts.[/quote]

Me too. Although it'll be on his character rather than race.

13. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

D'oh! I just noticed that. You're right, I withdraw my earlier statement. :sweat:

14. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I'm a smidge disappointed that the shows' producers went with the T-shirt and jeans look for Superboy, which looks like street clothes rather than a superhero costume to me, and Wonder Girl would have been nice also (although we are getting Miss Martian), but other than that, no complaints.

15. lumpmoose

lumpmoose Member

I agree. I loved Teen Titans, but the comparisons are going to be inevitable. To me, the designs seem closer to the Timm/Diniverse. I hope it comes into its own.

16. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Ah so he is black. I was wondering if he was tan or black.
    They probably made him black because they needed another well know hero and a minority as well. Although I do find it odd they didn't use Static(he did have his own show).

17. kdmccaskill

kdmccaskill Member

Greg Weisman To Produce "Young Justice" Animated Series

Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics.

Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=728

18. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I didn't know they got young Simon Phoenix for the show :sweat:

[​IMG]

I'm glad they went with the proper Young Justice title and not add the League part in there. It looked wrong seeing it titled that way in the original leaks.

Robin looks kinda short and I think I'd rather have Arrowette in place of Artemis (especially since she's filling Arrowette's role it seems as team archer). The lack of Wonder Girl or Secret is surprising as well. This is more of a Titans-styled team than Young Justice is really seems considering the lack of founding, or even later members outside the original trio of Superboy, Impulse/Kid Flash and Robin (I guess black Aqualad kinda/sorta counts).

At least we know Weisman has something to do since he's not working on Spider-Man anymore. Hopefully this means good things for YJ.

19. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Eh, they probably just wanted to make him look hip by giving him a modernized style of clothing. I agree with you though, I definitly prefer the classic Superboy look but I can see where some people may mistake him for Superman and maybe that had something to do with the change. Who knows?

20. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

He's been in the tshirt/jeans "costume" for at least 5 years now in comics. Yeah it's lazy design work, but I guess they want to keep a consistent look for the higher-tier characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.