1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I think they're either done or almost done writing the scripes for "Invasion".

2. tazmaniak

tazmaniak Member

I don't know exactly how things work, but I don't imagine a network would want to spend the money to produce an entire first season before putting it on the air.I mean, how long would it take before they actually see profits from the series?Producing 26 episodes before airing them doesn't really seem smart from a business standpoint.

Also, imagine how long it would take before we actually got to see the series.I have no idea when they actually intended to announce the show, but we first heard about it in February 2010 when Stephanie Lemelin announced she had been cast.Now, as of August 1st, they have 18 episodes completed and 3 more near completion.

Assuming those final 5 take around 2 or more months, that would make at least 20 months since we've known about the series.

People say they would have preferred if they waited until the season was produced before going to air, but I kinda doubt anyone would be willing to wait this long.Like Greg keeps saying, people were complaining about having to wait until January 2011 for the premiere, imagine how irritated they would be having to wait until January 2012.

Some people say their anticipation for the series has waned because of the long break.Wouldn't your anticipation for the series had died a long time ago had you not had those 9/10 episodes as opposed to nothing in the 18 months since we found out about the series?

3. graysongirl

graysongirl Active Member

Agreed. I'm sticking with the show because of how good it is - no way i'm letting impatience get in the way of watching such epic. If the show was okay, and had episodes that were like a 6/10, I don't think half the people staying with it would have.

But since YJ is so high quality, most people seem satisfied with re-runs until there are more epps.

4. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

These 9 episodes must've aired like over 100 times though (yes, over exaggeration). I can't say I know many shows that would just out of nowhere stop 9 episodes in for no real good reason.

5. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

More like three or four, at the most. The show only has one slot a week.

They did, though. The episodes were all ordered and began production long before the first nine aired.

#485 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
  6. quigonkenny

quigonkenny Active Member

The industry's tending toward that direction, with shows being presented in shorter portions. Case-in-point:

Franklin and Bash just finished their first "full" season at 10 episodes. Any fan of that series gets to wait until next summer for new episodes. And it's not even animated, so the episode turn-around time isn't even close.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

True, though I think historically most cable networks have much smaller budgets than the big networks like CBS and Fox. Walking Dead for instance is having some serious creative issues because apparently between the other shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad, AMC simply doesn't have a ot of cash left to spend.

8. Dorko

Dorko Member

Major exaggeration, because as other have said, this show airs once a week. While I would personally qualify "there aren't any anymore done yet" as a pretty good reason to not air more episodes, you are right that most wouldn't take a hiatus after nine. They'd either air their full thirteen episode season and then call it a year, or air thirteen episodes and take a few months off.

So that's what we "missed". What is so weird. Four episodes.

9. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

Well I think the actual season order is for 26, if I'm not mistaken. But I could be wrong. (and yes, I know CN is calling episode 10 the "season 2 premiere")

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I had a newb moment. While I was checking on my Photobucket account (apparently I exceeded 10 GB of bandwidth [and/or multiple people relinked lot's of my images elsewhere] and now my images won't reappear until the end of August), I saw this screengrab from "Targets" and something made me pull up Issue 4. I flipped to the last page when Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad are watching a report on Selena Gonzalez' disappearance.

11. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

You're right, season 1 is 26 episodes and so far season 2 is 10. I'm basing it off the way Weisman himself numbers the episodes.
    Wow nice catch! And here are the pictures:

#491 suss2it, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks and thanks for posting them. I have a feeling we're going to have a lot more of these "moments" in the future. Another cool aspect of the comic and show being in sync with each other. :)

13. theRedDeath

theRedDeath Active Member

I caught that back when I first read that issue, I didn't think it was a big enough deal to talk about though. It's interesting, but not really something that'll develop into a plotline or character arc though, since the Cat Grant model is just a re-purposed model of Catherine Cobert

---

14. Dorko

Dorko Member

I know. I was trying to say that, regardless of season size, you generally get a few months off at thirteen episodes (the halfway point). Or it seems like you do_Or you only get a thirteen episode season and you have to wait a year before new episodes. Either way, the run was only "shorted" by four episodes and we will (possibly) get 17 episodes with fewer delays come the fall.

15. Frellich

Frellich Member

Once again there is a new rumour of the synopsis for the three episodes going around Young Justice Wiki. These sound much realistic then the last but still have a big chance of being fake. It was removed off wikipedia almost imeadiatly. Here it is;

http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hime-san/The_names_of_3_new_episodes

Episode 11: Terrors - Batman assigns Superboy and Miss Martian to go undercover inside Bell Reeve Penitentiary, a federal prison designed to house the world's worst super villains...
    Episode 12: Home Front - When the Cave itself is attacked, can Artemis and Robin- the two teens without super powers- save the team (or even themselves) from unknown invaders?
    Episode 13: Alpha Male - Already exhausted and rattled after a home turf invasion of the Cave, the team learns that Aqualad- their friend and leader- withheld vital information that put them all at risk. When Batman sends the team and new "den mother" Captain Marvel to India to investigate bizarre reports of armed animals attacking human beings, can Aqualad pull his fractured team together?

Episode 11: Another Supermartian episode???

Episode 12: This one sounds awesome!!

Episode 13: I know Captain MArvel was suppose to show up but i dont want him to replace Red Tornado!!! And this one sounds kinda confusing...

What do you guys think?

16. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

These all sound kinda fake. I'll just wait until CN releases the summaries themselves before I believe anything.

17. graysongirl

graysongirl Active Member

agreed. though they'd make great fanfics... ;)

18. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Probably fake, though much better written than the last few crops of fake episode summaries.

19. ShamarDJ

ShamarDJ Member

Yeah they seem fake... but the home front one seems like it would make a good season finale(if it was an hour long)

20. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I think there was some talk (not sure if just speculation here or what) that Captain Marvel (and/or the Marvel Family) could be a part-time member of the team depending on what age they want to make Billy Batson.

The description sounds fan-ficish though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.