1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatmanBeyond

BatmanBeyond New Member

Yes the new one is coming out on the 24th!

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You sure know how to brighten up a Wednesday, James.

Interesting talk about the timestamps. I swear one was mislabeled in the comic but with Ask Greg closed to submissions, I'm just building up on other questions.

Professor Ivo, Clayface, Ocean-Master and Ra's al Ghul, eh? I'm down with that. Was mildly curious what Clayface was up to in that teaser...besides a little B&E.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Hmm....
    Has anyone asked if Atomic Skull or Psycho Pirate will be in the show then? I assume they were fair game because they might not be in the cartoon.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't see anyone ask about the Free Comic Book Day issue yet. But yeah, it's a safe bet we may see them in the cartoon. They left it open ended with Atomic Skull getting away. It'd be interesting to see Psycho-Pirate animated since he's the only known character not primarily designed by Phil Bourassa.

5. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Mild update

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/latest.php
    Hmm always assumed them be natural lol

6. gohstphantomhive

gohstphantomhive 99% synchronization level

I like to think of the comic book series as something similar to Japanese reverse novels and character books. The not only give backstories and other fun little details, but prepare you for how a character might react to a situation in the future. as some said before , it gives more depth and insight;a general better understanding of a character. with that being said I believe reading them would be really helpful but not entirely necessary.
    I also don't think that the art is bad, I'm honestly more annoyed at the 2 pages of ads in the middle of the story.but, that's advertisement... T-T

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Just randomly found a good picture of the YJ poster seen at Comic Con, posted by none other than Danica McKellar: new Young Justice poster

8. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

If the comic could look like that, I'd be happy.

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Active Member

Great New Episodes when are we actually getting these new episodes. Late Sept? Early October. I mean they got shoot hmm out before Winter Break so thats early October or Late Sept for them to shoot out like 9 episodes. Wait shoot out the final 8 in like March.

10. Fleo

Fleo Member

I just started to get the action figures and does anyone know why there is no Miss Martian figure?

11. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

12. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Aren't Artemis, Black Canary, and Cheshire are getting figures?

13. Fleo

Fleo Member

They are getting figures; I just find it strange that Miss Martian doesn't have a figure coming out. She is just as part of the team like the others.

14. graysongirl

graysongirl Active Member

Cool beans :D with the bilingual thing you can tell who was trained by batman :sweat:

its cool that all of them (especially robin and superboy) know multiple languages (if you count wally's school-latin) and that all of them together know such a vast variety of languages. I think there was everything from vietnamese to russian to spanish to japaneese to martian and greek. dang.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

World's Finest reports the first trade paperback collection for the Young Justice comics is tentatively set for January 2012 and will include #0 to 6. 8/11/11

Of course, these are just early details. I figured the Free Comic Book Day issue would be included in there since I'm guessing there were less copies available than the regular series and not everyone got a chance to read it.

16. Dorko

Dorko Member

Huh. Y'know, none of the female characters getting figures wear skirts. I mean, Cheshire has her Kimono dealy, but not really like a skirt. Miss Martian? Skirt, no figure.

Probably no connection at all, but considering the insane amount of market research toy companies probably do, I wouldn't be shocked if there was a report somewhere about boys not liking characters in skirts.

17. Zomg

Zomg Member

Bilingual means that a person speaks two languages proficiently. Superboy and Robin are multilingual or polyglots.

18. graysongirl

graysongirl Active Member

whoops! thanks for the correction - its summer, my brain's kinda fried. lolz. :sweat:

But yea Robin and Superboy seem to be very multilingual ;)

19. comixsfan

comixsfan New Member

Got the cards on ebay, they are awesome!

20. Manticore

Manticore Member

Even tho I watch a lot of other CN action show and even live action series on adult channels, my interest in the show is still in there but is slowly fading.I blame this especialy on CN for advertise it an starting it way too soon.This show should have premierd in the summer and then taking the first break after the first half of the first season.This show not only started too early but also was poorly advertised but it still got good rating.Even tho I don't like this ideea I think that they should not air new episodes until the first 26 are completed.That way they would have enough time too write the scripts of the invasion mini-series and some episodes following that and the new season would likely start at the start of the summer next year in the best case.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.