1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Watch Young Justice Fridays at 6:00pm (ET) on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Series Description:
    Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and its relevant related products. Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates! Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7
    -Young Justice (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 8

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. quigonkenny

quigonkenny Active Member

Regarding the "promise" of a "Zatarra Arc", I haven't been on these forums long, but there's been a fair bit of Zatarra discussion since I have been here, and I'm pretty sure someone would have referenced it if it had been "promised" on Ask Greg. In fact, the very idea of something being promised on that site rather than met with a hale and hearty "SPOILER DISCUSSION: NO COMMENT" is dubious at best.

In other words, link or it didn't happen.

3. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I searched on Ask Greg for it earlier today but I'm afraid I couldn't find it on there. Maybe Greg Weisman said it in a podcast interview or something. I do remember it - I think it was said around the time that episodes 3 and 4 were airing. Hopefully someone remembers the context and can give you that link.

4. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

The closest thing I could find to this allegedly promised Zatara arc is Weisman saying that the reason Zatara was chosen over Zatanna "would eventually become obvious".

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

No, Shadowstar is correct. I do remember Weisman stating a subplot with Zatara. I found a quote from someone in the old threads about deaths on YJ. I suspect it was in an interview. If I find the interview, I'll post it in this post. I did find an old post from Yojimbo from SDCC about the show.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3655910&postcount=30

Edit:
    Old Interview (not Zatara related but still interesting, knowing what we know now MM, is MM's daughter)
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperHeroTooniverse/news/?a=21712
    Youtube Interview (about 7th 8th members)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmwWORxgn-M&feature=related
    Annndddd I found the Weisman ZATARA interview (other members mentioned)
    http://www.awn.com/articles/article/coming-age-young-justice/page/3,1

#5 the greenman, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
  6. supergirl's pal

supergirl's pal Give us a SBFF Animated Series

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8. quigonkenny

Thanks to all for the responses. I meant no offense to ShadowStar, but I've always felt it best to challenge unverified information immediately. I think we've probably all seen how quickly unverified "I remember such-and-such" can become unfounded rumor. Especially on series where the production staff seems so content to leave so many unanswered questions and open possibilities...

9. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The World's Finest just posted up a new interview with Christopher Jones, the new artist for the ongoing Young Justice comic series. His stint starts with Young Justice #5, available tomorrow, and he was kind enough to spend a few moments chatting with us. Click here to check it out!

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Love the black and white image in the interview. That was nice of him to confirm the Artemis story is another two-parter like the previous issues and to dish a little about #5 with Flash and Kid Flash and Aqualad (which sounds like it expands on Topo's tale in "Downtime"). The "big guns" are coming? :cool:

11. ShamarDJ

ShamarDJ Member

12. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Maybe episode 10?

13. quigonkenny

If so, you're going to have a lot of disappointed con-goers... Most anyone who would be at that panel has already seen that episode, thanks to CartoonNetwork.com...

What I find humorous is the bit about how the panel members "will be on hand to answer your burning questions on what the future holds for 'the team.'" Is Greg Weisman going to actually say "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT." each time, or just hold up a sign? ^__^

14. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

If they can, I'd like to see maybe some character designs for upcoming characters, and maybe plot details about upcoming storylines!

15. pyue

pyue Member

"Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Red Arrow, and Superboy"
    They either accidentally got the archers mixed up, or they didn't include Artemis for some reason. Hmm

I am curious about the special screening as well.

16. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I kinda hope in a month they have episode 12 or 13 finished, which will be midseason eps. Perfect, cause I expect some big reveals.

Also, my guesses being members 7 & 8 are Zatanna and Beast Boy. Hope we get some glimpses at them.

17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Those episodes are probably complete by now. I'm sure they'll air in July.

I'm hoping it's either Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) or Mary Marvel, and Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)... but we'll see.

18. ryandcow

ryandcow Active Member

-While I haven't checked in a while, but at last check Wonder Girl's (along with Wonder Women's) rights were in some red tape garbage and she was unavailable, but as I said I haven't checked in a while.
    -Mary Marvel could work.
    -Kyle Rayner doesn't seem to fit into the show, he's always portrayed as an adult in the comics. Along with that, part of the reason that the YJ team exists is that they need training and supervision in order to become better heroes, something a guy who is the police officer for a chunk of the universe doesn't really need.

19. pyue

pyue Member

I wouldn't mind Zatanna much, but PLEASE, no Beast Boy.
    Who would be his mentor, anyways? I really hope Beast Boy is just a recurring character (at most).

20. graysongirl

graysongirl Active Member

Ditto. There's already a green shapeshifter and jokesters on the team. His areas of expertise are covered. Though I would like to see him with the doom patrol or something. Maybe the team runs into them on one of their missions?

Zatanna I really want to see on YJ, and hope she's one of the 2 teammates.

Im also holding out for Wondergirl (Donna) to show up.

And in one of the episodes it'd be fun if they ran into Batgirl or Knight and Squire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.