1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

You Cast The Batman Vs Superman Movie

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by John6777, Dec 21, 2002.

1. John6777

John6777 Active Member

Now i have never done this movie before lol.

Here is a story i think should be the screen play:

Lex Luthor teams up with Ra's Al Ghul to frame Batman for murder in Metropolis. Forcing Superman and Supergirl to Confront the Bat and his Family.

[​IMG]
    Ra's Al Ghul:Jason Isaacs

Watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and you will know why i picked him.

[​IMG]
    Talia: Jennifer Lopez

She just looks the part and i think would do a great Talia.

[​IMG]
    Lex Luthor:Billy Zane

Who else can play him really? He was born for this part.

[​IMG]
    Mercy:Joanie Laurer

The Comic Book Version of Mercy is like a BodyBuilder.

[​IMG]
    Batman:Russell Crowe

He does a dark character that screams Batman.

[​IMG]
    Batgirl:Dina Meyer

This is really a no brainer

Nightwing: Go Unknown Actor

[​IMG]
    Superman:Austin Peck

Austin is an unknown actor and he looks the part much more than Brandon Fraser (Who would pick Brandon ,come on people). He also has the build for Superman.

[​IMG]
    Supergirl:Sarah Michelle Geller
    Another No Brainer. She can play Linda and she can play Supergirl.

#1 John6777, Dec 21, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2002
  2. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

I'd rather see something like:

The Joker has found a way to contaminate Kryptonite to leave Superman vulnerable and uses a gas in order to make him go evil. Batman having a piece of Kryptonite given to him by Superman, seeks to set Superman right while Batgirl and Nightwing (pre-Tim Drake) fight the Joker and Lex Luthor in order to stop them from gassing Gotham, Bludhaven and Smallville, then bigger cities. (What would be more devastating than to strike first at the main heroes' cities/town?)

Batman - Val Kilmer
    Batgirl - Dina Meyer
    Nightwing - Tobey Maguire
    Alfred - Michael Gough
    Bullock (Assuming he'd have a part) - Oliver Platt
    Gordon - J.K. Simmons
    The Joker - Willem Defoe
    The Joker (Voice) - Mark Hamill
    Lex Luthor - Billy Zane
    Superman - Russel Crowe (Cleaned up a bit of course. :D)

3. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

My version would take place early in both heroes' careers.

Clark Kent/Superman: Brendan Fraser
    Bruce Wayne/Batman: David Boreanaz

Lois Lane: Jennifer Connelly
    Perry White: Joseph Bologna
    Jimmy Oslen: Devon Sawa
    Johnthan Kent: Eddie Jones
    Martha Kent: K. Callan
    Alfred Pennyworth: Ian Richardson
    James Gordon: Kevin Spacey
    Harvey Bullock: Dennis Franz
    Harvey Dent: Nicolas Cage

Lex Luthor: Kevin Spacey
    Joker: Jim Carrey

4. John6777

John6777 Active Member

well

Thats a great story but will not change the fact that I WANT TO SEE RA'S in a movie lol. Russell Crowe i don't think can pull off Superman. He does a very dark character that can pull off Batman better then Val Kilmer and he is too old for Superman. In the comics i think Batman is alittle older than Superman.

5. Jedigreedo

Re: well

Then don't change your story or anything. Since we're picking actor/resses for a movie that has it's plot pretty much up in the air, why not add a story to go with the characters you pick instead of just tossing'em in randomly? :)

As for Russel Crowe, since this is would have Nightwing in it it'd likely be later, and if Russel Crowe cleaned up he could definitely pass for an older Superman. Afterall, Christopher Reeve wasn't exactly that much of a young pretty boy and he did great.

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd keep it simple. With Batman cast (unknown), Superman (unknown) with cameos from various characters (blink and miss cameos are fun). I'd keep Gordon and Lois in their as back up characters, but I think I wouldn't add any other major roles to established types!!

Villain. Hmm, not Luthor or the Joker... so overdone.. but I can't think of someone better!! :(

7. Jedigreedo

Hmm... maybe Clayface and Bane? (Definitely not Batman and Robin Bane!) I'm sure the two of them would be able to come up with something such as that. Wasn't Clayface originally a scientist (at least the one in BTAS) and Bane's definitely more clever than Batman and Robin showed him as. Not too mention if they did use Kryptonite in the picture to weaken Superman, Bane would definitely be a match for him, especially if Clayface fought Supes at the same time.

8. Condiment King

Condiment King custom user title

Superman finds out that Batman has come to Metropolis and confronts him, saying that he does not agree with vigilantism. Batman informs him to stay out of his business or else. They together soon find out that Lex Luthor has hired Bane to take care of a "problem" of his known as Big Blue. Bane happily obligizes under the $ reward. After Batman is revealed as an unexpected difficulty, Bane demands more money which Luthor refuses to provide. The Luthor/Bane partnership ends there and so does their goal's hope.

Batman - Russel Crowe
    Superman - Brendan Fraiser
    Supergirl - Rachel Skarsten (Cameo in Metropolis at beginning)
    Batgirl - Dina Meyer (Cameo in Gotham at beginning)
    Nightwing - Will Friedel (Cameo in Bludhaven at beginning)
    Robin - Elijah Wood (Cameo in Gotham at beginning)
    Commissioner Gordon - Michael Keaton
    Lex Luthor - Billy Zane
    Mercy - Joanie Laurel
    Bane - Unknown

9. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just never want to see that bimbo in another comic project again.

10. John6777

John6777 Active Member

I have to agree with you 100%. She isn't a good enough actress for the Big Screen.

11. John6777

John6777 Active Member

I have to ask

I have to ask ,All of you who have chossen Brandon Fraser for Superman can u explain why you want him cause to me he looks nothing like Superman since Brandon is pretty ugly and he doesn't have the acting ability. Please tell me why i am very curious.

12. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's such a difficult film to format - hence I've always been against, both Supes and Bats have such different worlds, that through one into they other and they look like a fish out of water.

Problem with Bane and Clayface is that for Supes and Bats to have a reasonable matched enemy they need to find someone perhaps a little more intellectual - especially for Supes who I can't see having much problems with Bane...

Perhaps have the two working in their respective cities on two plot strands which remain seperate before interweaving for the final third of the film which takes both characters elsewhere. establishing the main characters roles and motives would be one heck of a task for a 2 hour movie like this..

13. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

Re: I have to ask

That's your opinion. My opinion is he act act. Besides, he's got the build and the height to pull it off, IMO.

14. John6777

John6777 Active Member

Re: Re: I have to ask

OK does anyone remember what Brendon Fraser looks like.

This is Him:
    [​IMG]

This is what people want to play Superman. THIS.

Look at him and tell me he looks like Superman and if u do i know ur lying.When i first heard someone say Brandon i thought they were kidding. But now i see alot of people actually want him.Now i assume everyone knows what Superman looks like.

[​IMG]

I say go unknown. Christopher Reeves was unknown and he can act better than Brendon Fraser.

15. Jedigreedo

Actually there are many faces of Superman, even differs from STAS to Justice League. Brendan could pull off Superman, he can do serious roles with a little lightheartedness in them - check out the Mummy Returns. Not the greatest movie but Brendan was very good in it, especially when it came to fight sequences. I think one of the problems is that Superman would be a very serious role just with a little down-to-earthness in there, but Brendan has been in mainly bumbling oaf/"hey look at me" roles. I think he could definitely play a role Superman though, and that's definitely not a very good picture.

16. ghost15

ghost15 king of the silven elves

superman-bruce campbell during army of darkness
    joker mark hammel
    batman- michael keaton during the originals
    two face-tommy lee jones he only sucked in forever because the script was horrible
    alfred- john cleese
    nightwing- the guy who gonna play bullseye in daredevil(i cant remember his name)
    lex luthor- cant think of anyone i would honestly want to play him
    ra's al ghul- allen rickmen
    bane- ron perlmen

17. The Guard

The Guard No Matter The Cost

CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN
    George Eads

BRUCE WAYNE/BATMAN
    Christian Bale

LEX LUTHOR
    Kevin Spacey

THE JOKER
    Jude Law

MERCY GRAVES
    Milla Jovovich

ALFRED PENNYWORTH
    Richard Clarke

18. randomguy

randomguy Came, liked Ike, and left.

Well, here's the deal... I think the idea of a Batman VS Superman movie is stupid. However, I think a Batman AND Superman movie would be great... I'm curious as to why we've entertained the notion thus far that Bats and Supes have to be at odds. That, to me, seems like a bad idea. Just have them team up, maybe not agree with each other's philosophies, but work together nonetheless.

Hell, if I were in charge, I would just rework the already-existing "World's Finest" animated movie. Seems like it could be pretty good in live action.