1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

You Cast Batman:YEAR ONE

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by John6777, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John6777

John6777 Active Member

CAST IT WITH YOUR FAVORITE ACTORS OR LETS MAKE IT FUN CAST IT WITH THE WORST ACTORS.LOL.
    [​IMG]
    Batman:Hugh Jackman

WHY? He is goodlooking ,he is in shape and he is older then 20.

[​IMG]
    Commissioner Gordon:Harvey Keitel
    Why?? Cause he is a great actor and can play this part easy.
    [​IMG]
    Teenage Barbara Gordon:Laura Prepon

Why?? She is young pretty girl who has the tude to play Babs and is the right height.
    [​IMG]
    Dr.Harleen Quinzelle: Mercedes Mcnab

Why?? She has the look and the voice. Also i think Harleen should be known in the movies before she changes into Harley.
    [​IMG]
    Catwoman:Charlize Theron

Why?? Gorgeous Woman and is way better then Halle Berry acting wise.
    [​IMG]
    Detective Bullock:Tom Sizemore

Why???Can't you just see him as Bullock.
    [​IMG]
    Harvey Dent:Ralph Fiennes

Why?? Someone mentioned him and i think he would be great.
    [​IMG]
    Pamela Isly:Kathleen Robertson

Why?? Beutiful redhed that can play this vixen. Also i would like to see Dr.Pamela Isly before we go straight to Poison Ivy and can't you just see her and Mercedes being Friends.

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Ehhh, not bad. I honestly don't know if I'd replace any of them - but I wouldn't bother casting Dr. Quinzelle, Poison Ivy, and Harvey Bullock in the movie to begin with, as they're not in the original script - and the movie is said to be a page-by-page adaption of Miller's comic.

They couldn't really be written into the script, either - if you include Ivy that would make the villains in the movie way too crowded, including Harleen means that you'd have to go into more about Arkham (and the Joker, the first supervillain to be "created" hasn't even come about yet until the final page), and if Bullock has been around in the GCPD for as long (or longer) than Gordon...I dunno. Maybe a bit-part in the background.

All in all, though, I like some of the choices...though I'd go for William H. Macy as Gordon. I dunno why, I can just see him fitting the role very well.

-Tim

3. John6777

John6777 Active Member

Well you see i would just like to show Harleen before she was Harley. Lets just establish that she exsists by the cops taking a prisoner to Arkham and all Harleen has to say is "I will take very good care of him" Then never be shown again lol. I cannot see the Police Force without Bullock so i would like him there.

William Macy huh well i dunno i alwasy thought that Gordon was older then 50. Macy is only like 52 i just don't see Gordon that young but i can be wrong he does have Red Hair in Year One.

4. randomguy

randomguy Came, liked Ike, and left.

I certainly wouldn't incluede Pamela Isley. I don't think there's any place for her within Batman: Year One. Similiarly, I'd hold off on giving Harley Quinn a cameo. Although it might be cool to show her briefly in her pre-Joker days, it seems to me that at the time of Year One, she'd be too young. I mean, she's still pretty young in the current continuity, so including her 15 years prior to her usual appearances might seem a little weird. How young do criminal psychologists come, anyway?

Bullock, however, has place here. At least, I think so... he shouldn't be written into the script, mind you, but a brief bit cameo would be cool to see. Just make sure he's on the very bottom rung of the police system- just a standard officer. That way, he's been on the GCPD longer than Gordon, but is still younger and lower-ranking. Makes sense to me.

Keitel is a good choice for Gordon. William Macy would work quite nicely, too, but I like the idea of Keitel more. Better than anybody I could have ever thought of, that's for sure.

I wouldn't put Jackman as Batman, though. He's not a terrible choice, indeed, he might work quite nicely, but he just doesn't "seem" right. I guess part of me is still pulling for Christian Bale.

Catwoman... I have no idea. Can't help ya there.

5. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

Quinn would be better to introduce in a Joker film, like the BTAS episode that told about the history of their relationship.

Not sure about Tom Sizemore as Bullock, he's not bulky enough. I think Oliver Platt would be good as Bullock. Watch Bicentennial Man or Lake Placid and you'll see he can get the look and attitude down for it. I think the role of Batman though should be played by someone new.

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

John 6777,

you already put the EXACT same thread up not to long ago. Please do not repeat any threads, especially these "You Cast" threads, alot of which you've been repeating lately. To discuss "You Cast: Batman Year One", please do so in it's original thread:

You Cast: Batman Year One

This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.