1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

You Cast Batman:Year One

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by John6777, Dec 16, 2002.

1. John6777

John6777 Active Member

CAST IT WITH YOUR FAVORITE ACTORS OR LETS MAKE IT FUN CAST IT WITH THE WORST ACTORS.LOL.
    [​IMG]
    Batman:Hugh Jackman

WHY? He is goodlooking ,he is in shape and he is older then 20.

[​IMG]
    Commissioner Gordon:Harvey Keitel
    Why?? Cause he is a great actor and can play this part easy.
    [​IMG]
    Teenage Barbara Gordon:Laura Prepon

Why?? She is young pretty girl who has the tude to play Babs and is the right height.
    [​IMG]
    Dr.Harleen Quinzelle: Mercedes Mcnab

Why?? She has the look and the voice. Also i think Harleen should be known in the movies before she changes into Harley.
    [​IMG]
    Catwoman:Charlize Theron

Why?? Gorgeous Woman and is way better then Halle Berry acting wise.
    [​IMG]
    Detective Bullock:Tom Sizemore

Why???Can't you just see him as Bullock.
    [​IMG]
    Harvey Dent:Ralph Fiennes

Why?? Someone mentioned him and i think he would be great.
    [​IMG]
    Thalia:Monica Belluci
    Why?? She is beautiful and looks more like Talia then anyone else in Batman.
    [​IMG]
    Ra's Al Ghul:Gary Oldman
    Why?? He is just a great actor.
    [​IMG]
    Scarecrow:Christopher Walken
    Why? He is just scary

#1 John6777, Dec 16, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2003
  2. Chibi Kageboshi

Chibi Kageboshi The Sessy Bizatch

Dick Grayson younger than Barbara Gordon is a no-no.

3. John6777

John6777 Active Member

hey

You are so right ,so lets make dick a little younger. ELijah Wood is exactly 3 years younger then Alicia and since Barbara is about 2 years older then Dick in the comics then it can work.

4. randomguy

randomguy Came, liked Ike, and left.

Gwen is actually a pretty good choice for Harley... I wouldn't have even thought of her. Charlize is good too, though I'd have to go with Christian Bale over Colin Farrel. One thing though... Mark Hamill should play the Joker. I mean, obviously he's got the voice down (and could probably get down the physical part as well), and I can see him looking the part with enough make-up.

5. The Guard

The Guard No Matter The Cost

BRUCE WAYNE/BATMAN
    Christian Bale

JAMES GORDON
    Aaron Eckhardt

HARVEY DENT
    Ralph Fiennes

THE JOKER
    Jude Law

CATWOMAN
    Charlize Theron

THE PENGUIN
    Jason Alexander

ALFRED PENNYWORTH
    Richard Clarke

DICK GRAYSON
    Tyler Hoechlin

6. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

What? Robin, Harley, and Barbara Gordon aren't even in Batman: Year One. Hell, the Joker is only mentioned. The story is about 26-year-old Bruce's first year as Batman. Robin didn't come into the picture for another 2 and a half years. Neither did Barbara. And Batman was well established before Harley ever joined the fray. Did you even look at the source material? Not trying to be rude, but it really doesn't make sense.

Anyway, my cast for Year One would be:

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Christian Bale

Lt. James Gordon - Sam Neill

Harvey Dent - Jude Law

Selina Kyle/Catwoman - Charlize Theron

I really can't think of who I would cast as Carmine Falcone or Commissioner Loeb. And I had an actor in mind for Det. Flass, but I can't think of his name. He played the Tick in the short-lived live action series.

7. The Guard

What? Robin, Harley, and Barbara Gordon aren't even in Batman: Year One.

No, but it's possible that they'd be mentioned in a movie BASED ON Year One. Hell, YEAR ONE isn't even Batman's story. It's more like Gordon's. Rest assured that a YEAR ONE film wouldn't be like that. YEAR ONE as it is wouldn't make much of a franchise film. It's a great basis for one, but add The Joker, some actual Batman stuff such as the cave and the car, and possibly a glimpse of Barbara and Dick Grayson, and you've got a hell of a film.

Hell, the Joker is only mentioned. The story is about 26-year-old Bruce's first year as Batman.

25 year old.

I really can't think of who I would cast as Carmine Falcone or Commissioner Loeb. And I had an actor in mind for Det. Flass, but I can't think of his name. He played the Tick in the short-lived live action series.

Here's an idea. Instead of insisting that Flass, Loeb and Falcone (fairly dull and weak characters compared to some others) show up, why not have Essen, Bullock and The Penguin instead? It's based on Year One. It isn't Year One. Patrick Warburton as Flass? Thanks but...no thanks.

8. Patrick Bateman

Uhh, Falcone is not a weak character. They could use him as a major character in a sequel based on "The Long Halloween". And how would you replace Loeb with Bullock? Have Bullock be the crooked commissioner? That's stupid. I like things to stay true to the source material. So the characters were "lame", they still played an intregal part in the story.

9. The Guard

Uhh, Falcone is not a weak character.

Compared to The Penguin he is.

They could use him as a major character in a sequel based on "The Long Halloween".

Rather than using classic Batman villains with much cooler origins and drawing power? Ok...I guess WB would consider that. :)

And how would you replace Loeb with Bullock?

You wouldn't. I'm pointing out how current Batman comics can be integrated into the Year One story. Make Bullock a young, headstrong detective, and use him throughout the franchise.

Have Bullock be the crooked commissioner? That's stupid.

No...I'm not QUITE that dumb. :)

10. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

Mu ideal Yera One cast:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: David Boreanaz
    Alfred Pennyworth: Ian Richardson
    James Gordon: Kevin Spacey
    Harvey Bullock: Dennis Franz
    Harvey Dent: Nicolas Cage
    Joker: Jim Carrey
    Selina Kyle/Catwoman: Jessica Alba
    Carmine Falcone/The Roman: Al Pacino

Yes, I'm aware that Joker and Bullock weren't in YO, but what the heck. :)

11. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Sorry to disagree with you Guard but I'm with Batman Year One on this one. The thread asked you to cast Year One. Not any Batman movie. So Batman Year One is right about Batman Year One if that makes any sense. Which means no Joker, Penguin or Bullock.
    On Topic

Batman/ Bruce Wayne - David Boreanez
    Catwoman/ Selena Kyle - Angelina Jolie
    Harvey Dent - Nicholas Cage
    Jim Gordon - For some reason I'm think Micheal Keaton :confused:

12. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Actually I think that could work. I reckon Keaton could give Gordon the humanity the BYO version requires while translating the detachment that Gordon suffers throughout. He might even steal the show the cheeky swine (which would be come back for losing out to Nicholson in 'Batman' - or so claim the critics..) :)

13. Storm

Storm Active Member

David Boreanaz as Bruce Wayne a.k.a. Batman (Angel)

Ian Abercrombie as Alfred Pennyworth (Birds of Prey)

Kevin Spacey as James Gordon (American Beauty)

Michael Chiklis as Harvey Bullock (The Shield)

Al Pacino as Carmine Falcone (Any Given Sunday)

Charlize Theron as Selina Kyle (Reindeer Games)

14. The Guard

Sorry to disagree with you Guard but I'm with Batman Year One on this one. The thread asked you to cast Year One. Not any Batman movie. So Batman Year One is right about Batman Year One if that makes any sense. Which means no Joker, Penguin or Bullock.

Since this thread is on the Entertainment Board, and we're casting what appears to be a movie, and the person who started the thread decided to include Barbara and Harley Quinn, I assumed that this was yet another YEAR ONE movie casting thread. And since it's widely known that YEAR ONE, if it happens, will be an adaption, not a straight translation of the comic, I decided to exercise my creative right to change little things that I think we might see in the movie.

15. John6777

John6777 Active Member

Hey everyone

Calm down everyone ,anyway i put these people in because the movie Batman:Year One will have to be more interesting. The TPB is good but made into a movie would be 3 hours of James Gordon and his love affair and him telling a story. They need to put Joker in.Also am i the only one that thinks Jessica Alba looks more like Huntress then Catwoman.

Also let me throw this in here:

[​IMG]
    Ra's Al Ghul:Jason Issacs

[​IMG]
    Talia Head: Jennifer Lopez

16. Patrick Bateman

Ra's al Ghul is way too much for a Year One Batman to compete with. Batman has to gain some experiece against crimelords and mob bosses before jumping into supervillain central. Joker and Two-Face are really the only "super-villains" he tangled with in his early years. As a rookie, Ra's would eat him alive.

#16 Patrick Bateman, Dec 18, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2002
  17. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey, i think YEAR ONE is a great story as is. It's got a lot of notable characters - Batman, Catwoman, Gordon, Harvey Dent, Carmine Falcone. That's all you need for a good story, really - YEAR ONE can translate to screen very well as is.

I do not, repeat, NOT want the Joker or any other big crazed "rogues gallery" villains appearing in this story. The clever nod to him stirring up trouble at the water resevoir on the final page was classic - and that's all you need. It perfectly sets up an appearance in a sequel.

The only costumed villain to appear in a role at all in this movie should be Catwoman.

I do not want Dick Grayson in this movie, either. It would be way too busy. I'd prefer to go two or three full movies before we even see Dick appear. Maybe mention that Haley's Circus is passing through town, but that's it.

I wouldn't mind a quick cameo of Harleen Quinzelle as an intern at Arkham, and seeing a younger Barbara Gordon interacting with the Commish (her uncle, not her dad...or is it? I'm so confused), and maybe Harvey Bullock but that's about it. No Montoya, though - bring her in later. She wasn't around from the very beginning.

I will agree that Gwen Stefani is a good choice for Harley, though. I thought so way back in '97 when I came up with that idea - YOU STOLE MY IDEA! :) She's got a good look, a good voice, but the real question is, can she act?

-Tim

18. Dick J Grayson

Dick J Grayson Superhero

I know that this is a casting call for Batman year one and all but if we actually go and look back at batman's actual first year (NOT FRANK MILLER'S VERSION OF IT) Robin is in there, Catwoman and Joker show up in the same comic- the first issue of Batman's first self titled solo series and Clayface shows up as well. And when it comes to casting you all have great ideas but I have to ask it agao=in- "Do any of you actually read the comics?" if so why do you guys continue to believe Catwoman is a blonde? Or has any resemblance to Michelle Pfeiffer? She doesn't she's the exact opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer's type. I'll cast according to the actual first year (1939-1940) -
    NOT FRANK MILLER'S VERSION OF IT.
    Batman/(just pluck the eyebrows)Colin Farell
    Robin(yes he was in there)/ Miko Hughes
    Commissioner Gordon/ Tom Skerritt
    Catwoman/(Tim Burton's wife who actually looks it) Lisa Marie
    The Joker/(T.V. Birds of prey Suck) Mark Hamill
    Alfred Pennyworth/(the 1st to actuallylook like him)Jonathan Pryce

19. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hmmm...I remember mentioning this before, but I can see William H. Macy playing the younger Commish. :)

-Tim

20. John6777

John6777 Active Member

HEY

Hey i didn't steal your idea , i always wanted her or Jennifer Tilly to play Harley. But Tilly is too old so Gwen is my choice. I put Ra's and Talia in becuase i was watching HP:The Chamber of Secrets and i thought Issacs would play igood one i do not want Ra's in Year One.

I think Catwoman and Joker should be in it , i don't think Year One will be good on Screen and i also don't they will make it on screen. I think they will come up with their own story line with the Joker prolly and just titled it Batman:Year One. Even though Tim Burton's Batman was way better then Batman:Year One TPB.

Also i would get Tim Burton to direct it again i mean who else can direct it ,and he isn't doing anything.

Gwen Stefani has tried out for alot of movie parts ,but noting that she lost them kinda explains if she can act. But look at it this way do we really need a good actress to play an Annoying character like Harley.