1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Cast and Decide Premise for Superman

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by John6777, Dec 24, 2002.

1. John6777

John6777 Active Member

Decide what story you would make the story for Superman.

I would use most of John Byrne's Work. I would show Jor-El Sending Clark to Earth. Then show his parents blah blah. Then after he grows up i will show him go to Metropolis where he meets Lois Lane ,Perry White, and the rest of the staff. He then goes on his first assignment investigating Lex Luthor where he realizes Lex is going to create a Robot to protect Metropolis. He names the Robot Metallo but Metallo goes crazy and attacks the City. Thus Superman's First Apperance. Superman fights Metallo until he defeats him obviously. He then warns Lex to keep his creations in check and flies Away. Lois writes a story on him calling him "Superman". Lex who is jelous of all the press Superman is getting lets lose Metallo again. Superman defeats Metallo but is badly injured. Than in a dark allyway there is a shadowy figure of a girl dressed in a Superman type costume. FADE OUT.

[​IMG]
    Superman: Austin Peck
    [​IMG]
    Lois Lane:Jennifer Connolly
    [​IMG]
    Perry White:James Earl Jones

Metallo: CGI with voice of Malcolm McDowell
    [​IMG]
    Lex Luthor:Billy Zane
    [​IMG]
    Pa Kent: Tommy Lee Jones
    [​IMG]
    Ma Kent:Kathy Bates
    [​IMG]
    Supergirl:Sarah Michelle Geller (Cameo)

2. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I'd run it from Metropolis rather than an origin, with Supes presence commencing on the city. I'd keep his origin a secret (or something he doesn't want to disclose and by doing so give the film firstly something that seperates it from the original movie, and secondly, allows the film to run at a pace it desires, rather than being forced to bundle too much in.

I'd have to have Luthor as the main bad guy. Maybe Bizzaro as the villain he creates...

3. The Guard

The Guard No Matter The Cost

BACKGROUND

Found in a strange rocket by Jonathan and Martha Kent, Clark Kent grew up with abilities beyond any mortal men. At the age of 23, Clark left Kansas State college to go to the city of Metropolis, where he became a reporter for the Daily Planet so he would know when there was trouble, and be able to deal with it. After his first appearance, where he saved a falling plane, he realized that if he ever wanted to lead a normal life, he would have to lead a double one. So he fashioned a costume, based on the advice of his father, Jonathan Kent, who remembered the old heroes of The Justice Society (Yes, I've got a JSA script waiting, too). With his new identity, Clark became the man known to the world as Superman (A term coined by Lois Lane). He will eventually become the leader of the Justice League (Working on that script). As the story begins, Clark does not know who he is, only that he is not a normal person, and that he possesses amazing powers. His powers have limits. They do require him to expel energy. This is the Pre-Crisis, "move the moon out of it's orbit" Superman, but he does get tired. He does get depressed.

COSTUME

Superman wears the traditional blue (a little darker), red and gold, with a few small changes. The red and gold S-shield is more stylized, sharper, if that makes any sense. The underwear and belt are gone. The whole costume has a very alien look to it.

SUPERMAN

No origin. The opening sequence hints at the origin, but Superman won't know his own origin for a while. People know it, though, so I'm not wasting time on it. There will be hints, flashbacks, ect, in the script. Anyway, Superman has been operating for about a month when this script opens. We follow Superman throughout his life in a sort of "Peace On Earth" scenario, where Clark Kent deals with natural disasters, suicide attempts, a terrorist gas attack, war in the Middle East, and other things, including the fact that he can't save everyone. Like the Abrams script (I swear I didn't steal this idea from him, I saw it in the comics once), there is a scene where Superman hears all the people who need help, all the pain, ect. He has to choose. But he can't. And it drives him crazy. He breaks down and screams for the noises to stop, for them to stop calling for him. It sounds cheesy, but it's very emotional. Clark also "fights" with his alter ego for the affections of Lois Lane (who does need rescuing once), and makes enemies with billionaire/tycoon Lex Luthor, who doesn't do much of anything in this script, except hate Superman. He does watch Superman's career with great interest, but he doesn't test him or anything. He's no villain, just a misguided businessman with questionable ties to certain organizations. Superman also deals with the high tech terrorist organization Intergang, and the mistakes (The Parasite) of Project Cadmus.

SUPERMAN: THE LAST SON OF KRYPTON

A sentient supercomputer calling itself Braniac comes to Earth, claiming to be a galatic collector of knowledge and history. He endears himself to the people of Earth by showing them their past, and explaining several of the mysteries on Earth, then allies himself with Lex Luthor (At one point, Braniac computes that Superman is Clark Kent, and Luthor doesn't believe him). Braniac also brings three superpowered beings, much like Superman, among them a man named Zod. The beings seek out Superman and tell him of his heritage. He is from the planet Krypton, and his real name is Kal-El. They also tell him that there are surviving Kryptonians, somewhere deep in space. This is where The Fortress of Solitude comes into existence. The other Kryptonians build it as a sort of command center, and a place to get away from the primitive Earthlings. The giant key, all of that is here. But the Kryptonians and Braniac have an agenda. Earth is to become New Krypton, and the superpowered beings want Superman's help. They run rampant, toppling landmarks, and murdering hundreds of innocents. When Superman intervenes, the superpowered villains use a new element to weaken and almost kill him. Kryptonite, whose radiation has a horrible effect on him. This is where Lois discovers that Superman is Clark Kent (look at me copy the earlier movies ) In the end, Superman defeats Braniac, and, because they pose so great a threat, kills the three superpowered villains. Then, Superman gathers all the Kryptonite that Braniac brought with him, and hurls it into the Sun. In the end of this script, Superman leaves Earth to find the remaining Kryptonians.

SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL

Loosely based on SUPERMAN: EXHILE. Superman, traveling through space, finds himself dealing with his murder of the three supervillains. He also encounters a world where gladiators are made to fight to the death. A world ruled over by a brutal warlord called Mongul. Nearly powerless, Superman is forced to compete in the games, but will not kill. Superman defeats Mongul, and leaves the planet in the hands of it's people. He continues his journey to find the remaining Kryptonians.

Back on Earth, a new being called Metallo emerges, created and controlled by Luthor Industries, and takes Superman's place as Metropolis's protector. But when Metallo (A human brain within a robotic shell)snaps and starts killing innocents, something has to be done.

Former Luthor Industries scientist/technician John Irons (Who is in the first script) discovers that his technologies have been put to horrible use in the making of Metallo and Lex Luthor's personal team of soldiers. Donning a new, experimental battle armor, he becomes Steel, and sets out to help protect Metropolis in Superman's absence. Meanwhile, the shadowy orginazation known as Project Cadmus sets out to make several clones of Superman. Steel and Metallo battle.

In space, Superman finds Argo, a small chunk of planet, inhabited by a few surviving Kryptonians. But he finds that most of them were taken from their capital city of Kandor, and imprisoned by Braniac. On Argo, Superman meets Kara, a teenager, and a distant relative, who desires to see more of the universe. Returning to Warworld with Kara, Superman and Kara find that Mongul's loyal followers have helped him quell the rebel uprising that Superman helped begin. Superman and Kara help overthrow Mongul and his followers, and free the planet. They continue home. Superman and his new friend return to Earth, learn of the heroism of John Irons (who has defeated Metallo). Then, Clark proposes to Lois.

4. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I'd scrap any plans currently on the board for a Superman movie and let Smallville run a healthy course on TV then spring board the movies off of the series with the same actors and characters. I want to see the Clark/Lex dynamic established in the series continue in the movies. Every other idea I heard so far from WB just plain out sucks.