1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yogi & Co. Revival

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Auggie Doggie, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Auggie Doggie

Auggie Doggie Timmy Turner

Yes, I do mean Yogi Bear.

I'm itching to do a revival, as Scooby-Doo has been lampooned by Warner Bros., AOL Time Warner and Turner Ent. over the years and Yogi has been horribly pushed to the wayside when it is equally worthy of such respect.

It is kinda hard to think of a new world and life for the characters. Can someone help me, maybe give a few ideas. By the time I have a few ideas, I'll post them here.

PS: If you don't have anything good or tasteful to say, then don't say anything at all. In other words, don't post a word if you are going to bash me for my desire or insult my idea. I don't mean to be so strict, but I don't want my feelings hurt.

PPS: I plan to make Auggie a few years older and give him a little brother.

2. DemonKrowno

DemonKrowno my opinions might matter

Yogie's GJ.

I think Spumco's revival of Yogie is quite...GJ. Yes. Full of GJness. SHould be like that.

3. Zapages

Zapages Persian Prince

Heh DemonKrowno, I am with you on this... I would love to see a new version or revamped version of Vogi and BuBu.... It'll be nice..

Heh instead of making just Yogi lets just do it with whole Gang of charcters... ie.. Quick Draw MicGraw <sp>, Atom Ant, and the rest *I can't remember right now*...

It's a great idea... I can finally stand watching the new Scoppy Doo compared to the old 60s/70s cartoon...

4. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

As long as it isn't a neo-Yogi's Space Race, or doesn't resurrect Yogi's Ark and turn it into Captain Planet with dogs and bears and such. Of course, Don Messick and Daws Butler will have to be replaced (John K.'s Yogi may have been visually interesting, but for my money the v/o work left much to be desired). I do a fairly good Yogi and could handle some incidentals like Hokey Wolf or Pa Rugg....

5. mbaker

mbaker Active Member

I liked John K's Yogi Bear shorts. I wouldn't mind seeing A new Yogi Bear movie done by the same people who did "Flintstones On The Rocks" (Genndy Tartakovski was involved in that film by the way.)