1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Yogi Bear's All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper Coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Ioz, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

2. Kirben

Kirben Member

I will never understand Warner Home Video, why release Yogi's First Christmas on DVD-R, and then the shorter Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper on DVD?

A single DVD with only 24 minutes really seems a waste. The bonus episode is unrelated (not Christmas themed) and seems pointless.

A single disc DVD release including the two specials, would have made much more sense.

3. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Big Suprise, WHV once again messes up.
    :rolleyes2:

4. Chaz

Chaz Member

Great! Now I'll have both releases on DVD. :)

5. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

It would be nice if the first Xmas special was the bonus feature rather than a random episode, but I'm used to WB being skimpy with a lot of their Rankin-Bass specials, so I'm not surprised. My guess is that the first special sold well for them and the new movie is coming out, so that is why the second special has a general release. Maybe, the first special will have a regular release down the road as well.

#5 Ioz, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
  6. Mister Intensity

Mister Intensity Active Member

This is the big Yogi Bear movie tie-in release. :mad:

That is pathetic. You mean they couldn't release the rest of the Huckleberry Hound series (or at least the Yogi shorts) or have a complete series set of Yogi's Treasure Hunt or 1988's The New Yogi Bear Show. No, they just do a release of the half hour Yogi's All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper which shouldn't rate as anything more than an extra for a proper release of Yogi's First Christmas.

Really sad. :(

7. KJ Styles

KJ Styles The Instant Classic

Yeah I agree totally. I would buy all those shows that you mentioned if they were released, especially Yogi's Treasure Hunt, that's my 2nd favorite Yogi series only behind the original. Warner Bros should release them all.

8. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

I agree, but I think Warner Bros is waiting to see how much the movie makes at the box office before they start releasing the good stuff. I also read that they'll be releasing a new video game based on the Yogi movie and a new Yogi book written by Earl Kress is supposed to be out later this year too.

9. TheBlueHombre

TheBlueHombre Member

I'm hoping that they will put out another Yogi DVD set within the context to the film's release date. However, I noticed when "Superman Returns" came out in theaters, WHV made a big push with the Superman titles that were already in circulation on DVD. Then, when the film came to home video, they put out a ton of stuff to promote the film on DVD as well.

Now I'll opinionate. I definitely would like to see more Yogi and Huck on home video very much. With a feature film, they could roll the DVD releases of the cartoons (Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi's Gang) in with the film's marketing budget and they would be guaranteed good numbers because if the film sells well, then the marketing strategies worked as well. I hope there are other releases to come. The Yogi Bear book is up for pre-ordering at Amazon.com. I would buy the video game, too. I'll buy a crappy t-shirt to help support the characters and to help make this film successful. Just, please, give us the opportunity to help out these beloved characters.

10. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Plus the Echelon Studio's DTC release of Casper's First Christmas means that all three Yogi Bear-related Christmas specials (from the 1977-1981 time period) will have been released on DVD, with 2 on DVD-R. I'm sort of surprised that Warner Brothers didn't announce a general release disc, or package, sort of like their Rankin-Bass Christmas bundle that they've been selling for a few years now. Or as someone mentioned, release Yogi Bear's First Christmas as a general release, and then throw in Yogi Bear's All Star Christmas and Casper's First Christmas as bonus features.

11. TheBlueHombre

TheBlueHombre Member

When did "Casper's First Christmas" come out on DVD?

12. Mister Intensity

Let's be real, we all know the movie is going to flop.

13. KJ Styles

KJ Styles The Instant Classic

How do you know? Are you God or Nostradamus? Nope you aren't.

Just because you don't plan on seeing it doesn't mean it's destined to flop.

14. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Maybe... then again, I thought "Alvin and the Chipmunks" was destined for a fast path to the $5 DVD bin at Target as another forgettable CGI-ed live-action film, as well... :p

-B.

15. TheBlueHombre

TheBlueHombre Member

I thought the trailer was funny and Yogi and Boo Boo were in character. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

16. Mister Intensity

I hope I'm wrong, if only to get Yogi's name out there but I just don't see much demand for a Yogi Bear movie out there.

17. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

We'll just have to wait and see. Plus don't underestimate the power of kid-centric movies; especially around the holiday season.

18. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

2006, but it was a DTC DVD-R.