1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yin Yang Yo!: “Deja Foo” Episode Talkback

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by The Huntsman, Mar 10, 2008.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Episode 35: Deja Foo
    I never got the chance to watch the preview for this episode, but there have only been a handful of two-part stories in Yin Yang Yo! and those stories are usually the best ones. The three two-part stories in the first season were easily amongst my favorite episodes, so I’m really curious as to how this two-part story is going to be handled. I’ll be sure to post my thoughts later tonight once I get the chance to watch the episode.

2. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

Given how the first "Twopart" or half our episode of season one was to introduce the Night master as more then just the shadowy figure behind Ultramoose but the seasons main villain, I'm expecting this two parter to really move on with the season two story lines, there are like four of them if i'm not mistaken.

3. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

That's what I expect too. This is one of the few times I like having major tests at school. No homework and free watch the show. I hope we get to see the big villian for this season. I kind of doubt about Frped being it. :sweat:

4. The Huntsman

This episode wasn’t quite what I expected it to be, though it did introduce one of the overall plots for the season. Also, even though they weren’t actually shown, the four spirits had ulterior motives and will likely be the main villains of the season. With that said, I have to say that I particularly loved the fact that Yin and Master Yo got killed, even though it was only for a brief moment. Unfortunately, I feel that the show’s desire to end the episode on a humorous moment affected the overall quality of the episode. I mean, Yang saw the death of two people he truly cares about, and even though he was momentarily nicer to them when he made things right, I can’t say that I liked him erasing his sister’s memory after he told her the truth, nor did I like the out-joke with him making a yak land on her.

I usually have nothing but praise for Yin Yang Yo!, and even though I still loved this episode, I have to say that I was actually unhappy. I know that I’m older than the target demographic, which gives me no right to complain, but I really wish that the ending would have been handled with more class.

5. Racattack!Force

Well, if Yin keep her memory of that, then she and master Yo would die. But Yak was just for fun.

6. The Huntsman

I’m not so sure that would have happened, but either way, I think that the ending could have been better. Children shouldn’t be able to witness the murder of their loved ones and be able to overcome it in an instance, even if time was reversed. Granted, it is a comedy, so I suppose I shouldn’t delve too much into that fact.

7. Rook

Rook On the high edge of freedom

did anyone catch the photo of the villains to see if the puffin and jp were there at the same time?

8. creativerealms

Have to check, they were both at the party so I'm figuring they are different people. Though I did notice that frped was in his GP form though he still had his great power, maybe he is planning on using Saranoia later this season? As she should not know of his power up.

It was interesting to see that Carl is not the laughing stock of the villain community like we were originally lead to believe, seems he is at least more respected then Ultramoose.

9. Racattack!Force

Everyone is more respected than Ultimoose. :sweat: Also, what else is doom supposed to mean? I guess it could be great torture, but death is the worst thing the sprits can turn out.

10. Rook

Rook On the high edge of freedom

some oddities with the photo shots.

first attempt before Yang drops in.
    [​IMG]

second attempt with Yang taking the photo. with Carl in photo and Zarnot gone. JP is is with them when they say cheese.
    [​IMG]

Yang holding the photo. Carl is on the right, Zarnot is back in the photo. JP is gone...the hell?
    [​IMG]

Them looking at it. The purple kung pow kitten is missing, but shows up after Ultimoose barbeques them you can all 3 with the eyes.
    [​IMG]

Carl holding the photo. Carl is missing again.
    [​IMG]

yeha i guess they are two different characters. (the puffin is in the upper right)
    [​IMG]

the video is online, but i dont think im allowed to link.

11. The Huntsman

They could have done a better job when it came to the placement of characters in those scenes, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. There were a lot of characters and some mistakes were naturally going to happen.

12. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

One thing puzzles me. If those four spirits were really evil, why help Yang? The only reason that makes sense is, they need him to collect something for them so they become flesh again. Assuming they were living beings before this, of course.

13. The Huntsman

I wish I knew. I’m also puzzled as to why they chose to make it where Yang has to collect the armor by himself. I can understand why he can’t tell Master Yo, as he might know something about the armor and suspect that something is wrong, but why couldn’t Yin help him? I mean, Yin and Yang are both the titular characters; up until now, they’ve both had equally important roles, but the series now seems to have defined Yang as being more important.

Granted, considering the show’s ratings, it seems that boys care more for the show than girls do. The show was intended to provide balance between the demographics, but perhaps they’ve decided to focus on Yang since most of the target demographic defines him as their favorite character. Mere speculation on my part, though; Yin could get her own plot down the road, considering the high number of episodes this season.

14. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I wouldn't read too much into it. After all, it was only one Yang centered episode. Who's to say that Yin won't get her own episode somewhere down the line? So far, except for this episode, I haven't seen any evidence of the shows' focus shifting from Yin & Yang collectively to Yang individually. Even the bumps going in and out of commercial breaks show live action girls training with Yin and live action boys training with Yang. If Yang suddenly becomes the focus every episode, then it's time to show concern.

15. The Huntsman

I understand what you’re saying and you’re probably right. I was just concerned because there are six artifacts remaining, and Yang referred to finding those artifacts as his “secret quest”. It leads me to believe that, since he can’t tell Yin or Master Yo what he’s doing, the two of them will have miniscule roles in the episodes where Yang has to track down and retrieve the artifacts. Granted, perhaps the writers will find a way to work Yin and Master Yo into the plot, even if they aren’t aware of what is going on. I suppose that, with the amnesulet, Yin and Master Yo could help Yang and he would merely wipe their memory at the end of each episode, though that would become rather redundant.

16. Racattack!Force

Well, I can find two reasons for that:

1) The writers wanted it so that Yang could tell Yin (or Yo for that matter), anything about the quest, or else they [Yin and Yo] will be "doomed". It's a pretty bring threat, which implies that Yang has to do it himself...:shrug:

2) There are four seperate storylines for this season right? Well, this could be one of them. A Yang storyline. It's possible a future episode could bring up a Yin storyline. With seperate storylines, the writers can spend time expending on the characters abilities, personalities, backgrounds, and devlopment. ;)

17. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

Let me start off by saying, I like your posts Huntsman. Anyway, I may just be guessing here (i am) but I think this is a set-up for an episode where Yang unleashes a great evil and it could've been prevented had he told someone. Although that doesn't sound like something huge, it's all I can come up with.

With what we saw in this episode, we may be seeing more of Yang with Yin left in the dark but only time will tell. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the villains say something about their hate for Yang over and over again in this episode?

18. Racattack!Force

Um...did everyone ingore what I just said? :confused:

19. creativerealms

We have already seen what they are doing with Yin this season, her strangely more yang like personality that everyone in the show is commenting on, that is the beginning of her story line which will be something huge too.

Yes this is the start of a "Yang centric" story but as said there are what four story lines going on here and we only know vague details of what they might be.

My theory for the spirits, past night masters, sort of like the past wuu foo masters that visit master Yo.

I do not think the show is suddenly going to be more yang centric.

20. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I think the main reason for Yin's acting more "Yang-like" in season 2 is because the shows' writers don't want Yin to come off as a complete prude in comparison of Yang. Before, Yin was basically a superego, while yang was all id. The writers probably just want to make sure that Yin gets some good lines and laughs so that she doesn't get left behind in the dust, and I don't think that's a bad thing.