1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet Another Unfounded X-Men Rumor

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by LightAngel, Dec 23, 2001.

1. LightAngel

LightAngel Child of Twilight

Today, I was checking out the X-Men 2 page on the internet movie database, and thought I saw something that could be interesting. There was an actor mention, by the name of Manuel Verge. It seems he played a German soldier in the original film. A German soldier! Could this possibly be Nightcrawler, or am I just stretching for any new imformation?

2. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

I think you may be stretching this... The Guy was probably one of the German Soldier's in the beginning of the film when we see Young Mr. Lensherr being taken away from his family as he discovers his newfound mutant ability to distort magentic fields...

3. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

I think that it's unlikely that he'd be Nightcrawler. He'd be older than Magneto!

4. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Nightcrawler is going to be in X Men 2?

5. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

wasn't nightcrawler that kid with the glasses playing basketball in X-men 1?

6. The Drizzle

The Drizzle BARRY! =(

He probably was, seeing that others (like Shadowcat, Jubilee, and Iceman) were "hidden" in the movie.

7. electricsheep

electricsheep ...the man without fear...

If you take a look at the plot summary on IMDB.com it'll show you that the X-Men are recruiting Gambit & Nightcrawler, so yes the same actor who played the German soldier in the first one just may play Nightcrawler...

Karkull, that just means the same actor will be back to play Nightcrawler, not the german soldier character he played in the first film...

8. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

McKellen said today that FOX may change X-MEN from a series of movies to a trilogy. Me, I find this to be good news. I really don't want to see an X-MEN 7 down the line. An X-MEN trilogy would be good enough for me. And since most of the actors are signed on for three films, we may get that.

9. JustJack

JustJack Just Odd

A Triology would be best. Eventually they'de have to start changing actors, since I'm sure some people wont want to be a Mutant for the rest of their lives(I know McKellen likes his role, but He's in his 60's...he's not going to be Magneto forever...and yet, I don't want anyone else to play Magneto, now!!!)

I'm sure Hugh Jackman is very greatful, since Wolverine was his first REAL BIG role, so he's happy to play Wolverine. But, that guy who plays Cyclops...He didn't even want to do the second one. But it was in his contract. Last I heard, he isn't signed on for X-Men 3. And if X-Men 3 is going to have Apocalypse & Mr. Sinister(You can't have one without the other...really..Sinister is Apoc's little henchman!), then Cyclops & Jean will probably be important characters(most of you might know why).

Anyway, Gambit & NightCrawler will be in X-Men2, but I'm sure there has been no mention as to who is playing them(we'll know soon enough, the movie comes out in..a year...and..a half..haha!)
    BUT NEVER TRUST THE IMDB!!! Basically, anyone can post any information on IMDB, without any proof whatsoever, & it will be posted on the site. So, NEVER trust it!

10. James Harvey

Exactly - these folks can't stay young forever. Maybe in, like, 20 yeras they can retsart the franchise, but I think a trilogy is best. They'll likely finish the third movie in 2005 and 2006 and by then all the stars will be sorta...up there...so it'd be best to have it end with a third movie.

11. Scythemantis

Scythemantis With Soar-Throat Ghost

Frankly I`m getting tired of trilogies...ever since star wars,more and more movies are becoming trilogies and it`s just grown into a cliche!

12. JustJack

JustJack Just Odd

Yep, just look at the Superman franchise. It was around in the 70's, 80's, right? Well, now they're trying to jump-start the franchise again...and by the looks of things..It will take another 10 years..so...there ya go! :D

13. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

I wouldn't mind seeing Fox limit X-Men to three or four movies... that way, it wouldn't get stale and tired. Scary Movie 2, anyone?

Oh, and never take what you read about upcoming movies in IMDB as gospel. They rely on user submissions, and they've posted PLENTY of wrong stuff in the past.

14. James Harvey

Exactly - IMDB has...well...alot of bad info on their site. I don't think more than 30 - 40% of it is right, since mostly random people just type it in.

15. LightAngel

LightAngel Child of Twilight

Yah, I knew this probably wasn't accurate, but I just couldn't resist ranting about it!

16. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Sometimes three or four movies isn't a good thing. IMO, there are only two really good Superman movies and only two really good Batman movies. I think the franchises for both of them would be better off if they knew to quit when they were ahead rather than allowing sub par directors go on and to direct poor movies in the same series as the great movies.

17. James Harvey

But if those crummy sequels make money, then they are just gonna keep pumping them out. It's the natur eof the beast. If crappy sequels make money, then we'll see more (hence Scary Movie 3).