1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Yay! No Snap Case for Batman(1966) DVD!!

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Bird Boy, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, if you look at this pic"

[​IMG]

You can see the 20TH CENTURY FOX logo on the upperhand left corner. So, this means no stupid snap case!! yay!!!

-BB

#1 Bird Boy, Jun 15, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2001
  2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Great, hunh? If this does well, we could possible see a box set of the Batman TV show seasons! I'm glad Fox is going this DVD. We'll get awesome emnus and no damn clamshell!

3. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Man, that pic looks great! I will have to be sure to order this one asap.

4. Joker85

Joker85 Clown Prince

That would be so cool if Fox put the episodes on DVD! :)

5. Beyond Batman

Beyond Batman The Tomorrow Knight

I agree

That would be awesome to see some episodes in official DVD format. (whispering to myself) Please please please.... let this come true. :p

6. James Harvey

It's a strong possiblity. FOX has alot of Box Sets planned for the next coupel years, which proves that they may be the only company getting this whole DVD thing right!

7. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

When is this do to come out? And can I preorder it somewhere?

8. BWDK

BWDK Gotham's Knight

Gosh I hate that sixties stuff. Why are you all so excited about it? The first time I saw it on TV I thought it was a Saturday Nite Live type show where they were making fun of Batman. It took me 20 minutes to find out that it was meant to be a real show.

9. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

ahhh come on man. It's all in good fun. It's really lame, but it's funny to watch. (hehe.. the image of the fake shark on batman's leg comes to mind..). It comes out sometime in August, Shriek, here's a link to pre-order it from amazon.com (or you could just go to a movie store near you, and I'm sure you could pre-order it there). Just click here

-BB

10. BWDK

BWDK Gotham's Knight

I don't even think it's funny. I think it's humilating to Batman, that's what it is. :(

I don't understand why everyone wines about Batman & Robin, that 60s is much worse.

11. James Harvey

Batman & Robin was pure drivel through and throigh. The early 60s series was meant to be a satirical camp show. They knew from day one what they were doing. While I'm not a big fan of the show, I will watch it.

12. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I think the Batman TV series succeeded very well at doing what it set out to do. Batman and Robin failed miserably at what it set out to do. That's the difference right there. Whether you like them or not is personal choice (I actually know somebody who thinks Batman and Robin is an excellent film! Of course, I don't listen to him when he recommends anything either. He liked Starship Troopers too!) but don't ever, ever try to compare the two! It cannot be done. You cannot compare a success with a failure.

13. Joker85

Joker85 Clown Prince

I couldn't say it any better Calhoun07!! The 60s series cannot be compared in any way to Batman And Robin.:)

14. Shriek

ok

The 60's version is just fun to laugh at. That's the only reason I watch it. It's very funny and so cheesy.

But as for Batman and Robin. Mr. Freeze got more attention and credit for that movie more than George Clooney did. That pissed me off.

15. I grew up watching the 60s TV show -- I thought Batman was so cool, and he had those wonderful toys. The tough part was that almost every episode was a cliff-hanger, and I didn't always get to watch them.

Now when I watch that same series, I really enjoy the way they were written at two levels. As an adult, I really like the campiness.

One episode had the villain in a Girl's Reform School, using them to commit crimes. Not the same crimes I'd probably use them to commit, but what a great episode.

I've got a picture of me and my brother in our Batman & Robin costumes in about 1969 or so. Don't laugh too hard. I was in 1st grade and made the "costume" myself.

http://www.gothamcityusa.com/home/bio-mikec.html

16. Peace Keeper

Peace Keeper Guest

What's your malfunction, Calhoun! :p STARSHIP TROOPERS kicked ***!

As for old school Adam West Batman- I find the show amusing when I catch it on tv, but I don't think it's worth buying. How do you find time to watch all the DVDs you own?

17. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

welcome to the boards Virtual Alfred!

-BB

18. Shriek

Welcome to the boards Virtual Alfred.

Nice costume. Must of took awhile to make? lol..

I like your own Bat Room. Is that whole room filled with collectibles?

19. James Harvey

The two are definatly incomparible. The 1960s show is actually somewhat watchable, for nostalgia value. I remember watching it as a kind on the FAMILY Channel when it was good. The other is just an embarrassment.