1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

XBLA Talkback, News and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Opaque, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Acidonia

Acidonia Master of Monsters

2. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

NEW Castle Crashers Title Update and DLC are now live. Title Update fixes some bugs, adds two new Avatar Awards (Orange Knight Helmet and Cardinal Animal Orb) that are unlocked retroactively if you met the criteria, and includes Team VS Team mode in Player Match Arena among other things. Two pieces of DLC include the FREE Pink Knight pack and the 2-dollar Blacksmith pack.
    http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2011/08/26/castle-crashers-title-update-2/

Crimson Alliance's pricing structure true and explained. Only want one of the three classes? That's just 800 Microsoft Points.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/c.../a-pricing-plan-for-every-type-of-player.aspx

Bloodrayne Betrayal is actually coming early to XBLA than previously reported. September 7.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/25/bloodrayne-betrayal-bumped-up-to-september-7-on-xbla/

Ms. Splosion Man is coming to Pinball FX2 this Wednesday. PFX2 is free to download because all the tables are sold separately. The Ms. Splosion Man table is 240 points and is available to try for free. [begs for people to try it because PFX2 is fun]
    [video=youtube_share;adJQwiewsH4]http://youtu.be/adJQwiewsH4[/video]
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/24/ms-splosion-mans-pinball-fx-table-out-aug-31-playable-at-pax/

3. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I wasn't expecting that. Noticing that the game will be more sprite based rather than the cel-shading used in the previous two. Funny, I was just replaying the first game on the PC a few days ago.

4. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

5. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

6. Acidonia

Acidonia Master of Monsters

Quick Review of the XBLA Real Steel game.

This game has to be the worst for DLC pricing on the 360. You can only view the DLC menu once you buy the game Trial says nothing about it either the DLC items do not even show up outside the games menu.

Fists 160 Msp per a fist x5 for both left and right fist
    Heads 160 Msp x5
    body 160 Msp x5
    Arms Right and left arms 160msp per a arm for both left and right arms
    legs 160Msp x5
    Generators 160Msp x6
    Mother Boards 160Msp x13
    Hydraulic Fluid 160Msp x6
    Tech moves(Special Moves) 160Msp x10
    Change your robots Colour 240Msp
    10 repair kits 160Msp
    50 repair kits 320Msp
    100 repair kits 480Msp
    money 100 000 160Msp
    money 500 000 320Msp
    money 1 000 000 480Msp
    Full Robot bodys of the above robot parts 800Msp x5

So you think that the DLC is optional well your wrong because of how the game is made.

.Even the First Robot on Single Player os hard to beat.
    Every Time you win or lose a match online or in 1 player mode your stats go down.
    .They do not recover after Wining or Losing fights in Online or 1 player matches.
    . The only way to heal is either using your earned money or repair kits that you only get 5 of and can only get more of by wining fights or buying DLC
    . It works the same with parts you need to keep upgrading and buying new parts to stand any chance and the strongest ones are DLC only.
    .You will probally need to buy some Money DLC to stand a chance later on.
    . You do not lose health in 2 player mode but two of the Robots Twin Cities and Zeus you have to Unlock though 1 Player mode.
    . They is only 6 Robots in 2 player mode two locked the 7th begin your custom ones.
    . Custom robots cost money to make so you can not even tryout all Three Types and they is no training mode.
    . Only way to try all three out I found was by deleting your save file and creating a new one.
    .The game auto saves so you can not cheat so you dont lose money you need.

The game itself isnt terrible gameplay wise but the above just makes it the worst game ever to spend the 800Msp for the game you do not get much content for your money either because it is al DLC locked out.

Just avoid this game then they will not make any more XBLA titles that are total rip offs like these.

7. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

It seems that every add-on now-a-days is over 1 GB. I have a slow connection, but I buy every piece of offline DLC for games that I own, and over these past few weeks I've struggled to download three that were all over 1 GB. Now, the new Deus Ex DLC is just about 2 GB. I have a 250 GB hard drive, so that's not a problem, but this feels like the new standard and I'm worried about that. People with a 60 GB hard drive or less are going to have trouble keeping everything they want.

8. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

I will point out that Pinball FX2 has released a new table called Paranormal. The full table is available for FREE until about this Wednesday. And, because of how Pinball FX2 is structured by being similar to Game Room (free 2 download but the tables will cost you), the Paranormal table has 50 Gamerscore points. Let me repeat that: 50. Free. Gamerscore. Points.

[video=youtube;i8gYlkh35QE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8gYlkh35QE[/video]