1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

X3 news, whos willing to come back?

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by JohnStewart-GL, Apr 17, 2003.

1. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

From e Online

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

She has X2 to make me actually give a damn.

Can't imagine anyone else as Wolverine other than Jackman.

Dissapointed that Singer wants to do another film, we are going to have to wait ages for X3.

3. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I hope that the majority of the cast comes back for a third movie; it's nice to hear that it's going to be filmed in Vancouver but yet again. It's nice to have a full movie series be filmed in your city - a high-profile, big-budget series, no less. :)

The only one that I think will bail will be Halle Berry, only because she had a lot of issues in trying to get her role in X2 expanded. That, and now that she's such a "money actress", there will be so many other people knocking on her door that I can only assume she'd like to move onto other projects, lest she gets typecast as a superhero. :p

-Tim

4. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't say I blame him though. Bryan may love X-Men, but he has to think about his career as a whole too.

5. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

I hope not. I wanna see x3 by 2005.

6. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

I can say right now that if Jackman doesn't come back as Wolverine, they don't have a film. He IS Wolverine, just like Chris Reeve WAS Superman.

As for Halle Berry, good riddance. She thinks the whole film should revolve around her. NEWS FLASH: The X-Men are a TEAM. Do you know what that is, Ms. Berry? No, didn't think so.

7. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto are the only irreplaceable characters at this point. Anyone else could just be recast and I personally wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I think everyone involved (Well, outside of Berry) would come back if the money's right.

8. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Guest

I'd like to see them all return, just to make it more a complete trilogy. Just one more film, then Fox can revamp and do what they like. They can't keep this cast togethor for too much longer before they all start asking for price hikes and the like. I think a third film with the whole cast could easily complete the trilogoy. Bring in the Sentinels and the series could come full circle. Jackman, Stewart, and McKellan cannot be replaced. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rathar not see anyone else replaced either, even Halle Berry (who has gotten a major boast in this film apparently).

9. Mynd Hed

Mynd Hed Holy blue on a popo!

Can't say I disagree with you, but to be fair, the first movie's script didn't exactly give her a whole lot to work with. I got the impression that Storm was written in because you can't do X-Men without Storm without pissing off a whole horde of fans, not because she actually had any particular use in the plot.

I'd add Anna Paquin as Rogue to that list, but otherwise I'd tend to agree with you. Of course, there's no law that says that she has to be as big a part in X3 as she was in the first one either-- if they could get her to come back for a cameo in X3 just to show that she hasn't dropped off the face of the Earth and then focus the main story on other characters, that would be almost as good (to me) as if they got her to come back to play a major role like she did in the first one.

10. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

I'd love to see the entire cast come back one last time as well. However, if any of them has to be replaced, please let it be Berry. She's not even that good as Storm, but she's still acting as though she's the star! I think all her fame has gone to her head. Alas, if only Jackman could take those lovely Wolverine claws and teach her some manners for us. :p

Speaking of Jackman, as was said before, he, Stewart and Mckellen, and in my opinion, Paquin as well, are really the only irreplaceable stars at this point. They fit their characters so well, it would be horrible to have to replace them. I don't think we'll have to worry about that, though, because I'm pretty sure all four of them will return.

As for the rest of the cast, I'd like for all of them to stay, (except for the extordinarily stuck-up Berry) but if they have to go, so be it, as long as the aforementioned four stick around.

See ya!
    Blight

11. Storm

Storm Active Member

Thanks, Mynd Hed. Storm was written really poorly in X-men and she didn't even add anything to the movie. The only reason why Storm was used in X-men was: 1) Special effects, 2) She's a fan fave, 3) and you just can't do X-men without Ororo. I hope in X2 Storm is written and portrayed well. I already took a point off of Halle's Storm performance in X2 already because she doesn't do the accent :(. Anyway I think if Singer and Fox offer the right amount of money, Halle (and the rest of the cast) will be coming back. I would love to see the whole cast back but some characters I won't mind not seeing in X3 woud be (Mystique, Pyro, and Deathstrike). Anyway I do believe Singer needs a break from the X-men movies for a while.

- Storm

12. ZorBrak

ZorBrak I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.

Oh oh oh! I wanna play 'em! lol...too young blah. If only they'd make a movie adaptation of Origin! :rolleyes: (seriously I could KILL for that part...and dammit Origin SHOULD be made into a movie :p)

13. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones my friend. You are always quick to jump to the defense of Storm/Berry when people say something against her and yet you are ready to judge Pyro and Lady Deathstrike before you see them on the screen? The comics is one thing, but I find it surprising you don't appear to want to give these two a chance.

14. Storm

Storm Active Member

"Lucy you have a lot of explaining to do!"

"Whaaaaa!"

(That's how I feel like now)

Okay. The only reason why I put Deathstrike and Pyro there is because if there is a part three Singer and crew would probably add new characters and there is already a big cast in both movies. Don't get me wrong I love the comic and movie versions of these two characters and I'm excited to the roof that Deathstrike will be in the sequel but if there are any characters I wouldn't mind not seeing again to make space for new characters it would be those three. I'm not judging on their portrayal of the characters I need to see them first but I would rather have Deathstrike (Mystique) and Pyro taken out instead of any of the original cast members. There are always going to be characters taken off and Deathstrike (who to me seems just fit for one movie, for now) and Pyro (who just seems to be the "iceberg in Rouge and Bobby teen bop relationship") are my choices. My opinion may change after I see the sequel but when you have a big cast you got to cut some people out.

- Storm

15. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

I agree with you there. They are the only ones who I found impressive in their roles.