1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

X2 Questions (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Pyro, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

I was just wondering if anyone could answer my questions about X2. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.
    1. General William Stryker- Was he ever in the comics or was he created for the movie? I think I have quite a bit of X-Men knowledge and I've never heard of him before the movie. Basically, Where did he come from and what's he about.
    2. Gambit- I heard that he wasn't going to be big in the movie, but they'd have a little scene with him. Like Jubilee in the first movie, she had some screen time, but very little and no lines (In completed form). So there still will be a cameo of him right.
    3. Lady Deathstrike- Does anyone know what she's doing with Stryker? And they dropped the Lady right?
    4. X3? Coming soon to theaters near you?
    5. What is the title? I've heard three, X-Men 2 and X2 (which I guess are interchangeable) and X-Men 2... It had some words following it but I can't remember what they were.
    6. Colossus- I expected him to have somewhat of a part but his part won't be really big right?

Some of these I could wait until the movie for the answers but I figured why not ask them while I'm at it? Thanks:)

2. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

I think the official title is X-Men 2, but for the "cool" factor they say X2. As for the third thing, you probably heard X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge which is the name of the game but some people have it confused with the movie.

3. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

Yea in X2 Yuriko goes by just deathstrike. Stryker was in the comics though not a general he was a reverend in "God Loves Man Kills". The promotional title of X-men 2 is X2: X-men United. Singer says its only X2 though. I hope i answered most of them for you.

4. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

4. X3? Coming soon to theaters near you?

I wouldn't expect it anytime before 2005.

5. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

Yeah, That was it! X-Men United. I think I go with the other two being interchangeable. Can you tell me a bit more about Stryker's comic history?

I know, that was just my way of saying "Is there gonna be an X3" but I guess that's a yes!

6. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

I just read this review here:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/reviews/x22.php
    And it says that Gambit will not have a cameo, but the opposite. We'll have a cameo by Hank McCoy but not blue and furry.
    It's a very interesting article and I couldn't help but read the spoilers.(there are 2 but only one is big, IMO)
    OOOOOHHH I'm soooo excited now!!!

7. BeyondGotham

BeyondGotham Batmanytb.com

I had a few X-Men questions myself...

I watched the FOX speical last weekend. I saw a guy who looked like he turn into Metal??

I don't know X-Men to much.

Also.. in the Comics, who were the founding members? Gambit was mentioned above, I had heard he had a Cameo, but I guess not, any word on why he has not been used?

Thanks

8. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

The founding members were Prof X, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey, Archangel, and Beast.

Storm, Rogue and Wolverine didn't come until later I think.

9. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

that was Collossus. He has a cameo in X2.