1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

X2 DVD Release & Cover Details?

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Here is the rumor that www.superherohype.com reported:

"Just thought I'd let you know that we've got our hands on a few details on the release of X-Men 2 on DVD. We're reliably informed that it will be available internationally from the 17th September this year and will be a 2-disc set. It will also be available in a double pack with the X-Men 1.5 DVD on the same day."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So Fox is going to release the DVD all around the world on the same day?

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I also saw that from superherohype. Have to say, I'm not impressed with the X2 cover, paticually as you can barely see Wolverine due to poor lighting, and Storm wasn't in it enough to deserve 1/4 of the X. Still, a 2 disc set sounds good to me, and I have something to look forward to in September.

3. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

This is good new, I was fully confident it would be two discs and no doubt two good discs and it looks like we will not be disappointed. I like how they used the post art for the DVD and it really turned out pretty well (matches my soundtrack) and I like how the package style looks to match 1.5. They can be neighbors on my shelf. ;)

With the box set it looks like Dr Kain will be getting both. :p

4. Jimmy Kustes

Jimmy Kustes Duncanzits

I thought there was going to be one besides X-Men 1.5?

#4 Jimmy Kustes, Jun 30, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2003
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

I like the looks of this. I won't buy the four disc set, having already own X-Men 1.5, but the two disc X-Men 2 set looks nice, and will no doubt be choke full of goodies. Definately looking forward to this release.

6. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Guest

There must be plenty of material to fill a two disc set. I actually wouldn't mind a carbon copy of the X-Men 1.5 DVD, in terms of extras. I'm a big fan of tv spots and trailers, which 1.5 had in spades, as well as the internet spots, too. I'm also assuming that aside from the X-Men 1.5-esque material, this disc will also contain that terrible X-Men 2 special that Fox had. Man, if you thought the first one was bad, then wait until you see that terrible Fox special for the X-Men 2. Just dreadful. But bring on the extras, bring them on!

7. Parallax

Parallax Active Member

w00t! I'll probaly pick up the four disc set for my birthday. Looks pertty good. Not much on the cover art though.

8. SuperChris

SuperChris aka Chris Kent

Anybody else catch the "4-Disc X-Treme Edition of the Original Film" writing on that cover? I think they mean the WHOLE SET is 4-discs, not just the first film. But maybe, just maybe... could this be yet another version of the original film? A FOUR DISC one at that?!?! Hmmmmm.... Was the 1.5 release advertised as being the X-Treme Edition? If not....

-Chris

9. Storm

Storm Active Member

Not to attack you AS but a lot of people have been saying that lately. This reason is because of Halle Berry's status. I personally think it's great. Storm didn't get her shine in X1 and she probably won't even be in X3 (thanks a lot Berry :() so if this is what it takes for the Storm character to get exposure then so be it and Wolverine is so OVERRATED! The lighting couldn't affect Wolverine's overratedness. BTW, I can't wait to pick of the X2 DVD and I hope it has all the features that X-Men 1.5 was missing (for example: "Comic History of the X-Men")

- Storm

10. Mike Spartz

Mike Spartz Underrated Performer

I like it! It looks so kick ass! :D I must have it....

11. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm slightly confused, does that mean that X2 will come out on 9/17? Because that's a Wednesday. :shrug:

They did for the movie so why not? :)

12. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

Oh please. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine drives this movie. Why do think all those women went in to see X2? Certainly not for Patrick Stewart. Besides, Wolverine is not overrated in the movie at all. He's played to perfection and is a great central character. Plus, even the comic book Wolverine is getting straightened out, finally. He's a popular character, deal with it.

As for Berry, she did an alright job in the movie, but if she was more committed to the material and the movie, then she scould of done better. She did a better job than in the first X-Men, but still lacks that special something.

I don't know where to begin on this little quote, as little sense as it makes, so I'll just skip it.

Personally, if anyone belonged in the top with Wolverine, it should have been Stryker or Mystique. No other characters in the movie played larger, or better, roles then them.

And I hope X-Men 2 puts on some comic book material, like the Daredevil DVD. Hopefully Fox and Marvel have their issues worked out. I'd love to see a documentary on the X-Men's comic past.

13. Storm

Storm Active Member

As a mod I'm not going to go into any attitude or even attack you like how you did to me. A message board is were people can make their opinions. I was stating my opinion and even the truth. Like it or not Wolverine is an overrated character just as like Spider-Man and Batman are overrated but does that mean I dislike the character? No, I'm just being a comic fan with some sense. Anybody who is anybody know that Wolverine is the most overrated X-character. Hugh did a perfect job as Wolverine, I'm not taking that away from him but Wolverine doesn't need to take 5/5 percent in the movie when there is other characters that can be explored as well (Cyclops for an example). I just feel that the X-films should feature all the character... we know everything about Wolverine but hardly know anything about Storm and Cyclops and it seems more like how Shuler Donner puts it "Wolverie guest starring the X-Men" than just a full X-Men movie like how some fans would want it. Just my opinion.

- Storm

14. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

Ah, when you say "even the truth," it no longer is just your opinion, it becomes stating a fact, which it's not. You can say whatever you want for your opinion. I personally don't think Wolverine is over-rated. Just becuase he's more popular than Storm or whatever does not make him over-rated. You can think he is, and that's great. Just don't force your opinion down the throats of others, please.

And, given Storm's mediocre role in the movie, she certainly doesn't deserve "5/5 percent" of the movie cover, either.

This is just my opinion, as well, something I shouldn't be targetted for.

Anyone else have any comments on the disc? Think Singer'll do another commentary?

15. Stu

Now that we are past the Wolverine overatted argument, let us do what Cyclops said and continue this discussion on the disc.

I hope Singer provides a commentary as his one of the X-Men 1.5 disc was one of the better ones I've heard. I don't think FOX is silly enough to double dip being that they angered a lot of people by releasing X-Men (but, pleased me as I was dissapointed with the original X-Men disc).

As for the cover art I am hoping for something along the lines of this

That's the region 2 cover of X-Men 1.5 and it's the coolest I own, and being that this is the 3rd Fox comic book disc (X-Men, Daredevil, X-Men 1.5) to have different covers for different regions I hope R2 get another cover because the R2 covers have been far superior IMO.

And being that Daredevil (only 13 days away!) has comic book features, I am assuming that FOX have gotten past the rights that prevented them from appearing on X-Men 1.5.

16. SuperChris

SuperChris aka Chris Kent

So nobody has any thoughts on the "4-Disc X-Treme Edition of the Original Film" tagline? The way that's worded, it would mean the first movie ALONE was 4-discs, not the whole set. Was the 1.5 DVD marketed as the "X-Treme Edition"? If not, that might indicate this is a new edition.

I believe the FOX/Marvel X-Men/Mutant X dispute was settled shortly after the 1.5 DVD was released. IIRC, FOX dropped their claim against "Mutant X" in exchange for an extension on their X-Men rights (or something like that). Don't quote me on that though...

-Chris

17. Stu

The region 2 release of X-Men 1.5 was called the Xtreme Edition. Also, the X-men/X2 boxset has the region 2 cover. Thats all I know.

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Active Member

Well since there is a box set, I'll get that.

19. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

I hope to see some nice artwork on this release. I can't say I'm really fond of the artwork for the X-Men 1.5 DVD. And this looks like it's artwork for Region 2, or what have you, DVD. The cover art for X-Men 1.5, besides being incredibly awesome, is different then the domestic release.

And there's hope we'll see comic book specials on the DVD? I'd love to see that.

20. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

I wasn't ever planning on getting X-Men 1.5, since I didn't like the original movie as much, but if they're selling them in a box set like that, it's a no-brainer to pick up. Great marketing tactic, guys ;)