1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Phew! Glad to read that's on their minds to utilize down the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I must say, I'm excited for that. Singer previously showed interest in re-doing the Phoenix saga, and if he meant it, I think there's a good chance we'd get the Shi'ar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Bryan Singer wants to do one more film with the original cast of X-Men:

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Wh...ck-Original-Cast-Next-X-Men-Movie-133657.html

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

My gut reaction was "Move on, man." Stewart and McKellen are great but is it Singer wanting to make another X-Men movie with them or wanting to make another movie with them?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We have enough issues with the timeline already that I don't think we need to or should go back to the original timeline cast anytime soon, especially with the new cast we currently have, and I say that as someone who loves those guys :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Fox changed the dates on their two untitled Marvel slots. January 12, 2018 moves to March 2, 2018, and the other shifts from July 13, 2018, to June 29, 2018.

March will probably be Deadpool 2. The June one. Hmm. New Mutants maybe?

EDIT: Singer comments on the new timeline again.

#68 Yojimbo, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  9. the greenman

Yeah, I'm thinking this exactly on both. Curious why FOX moved Dp2, unless theyre afraid of 50 shades 2? June must be an XMen film for name rec. The true title will probably be 'X-Men: New Mutants'.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think there's much mystery on why DP2 is moved, they're just getting started on the script so they'll film it in 2017 probably. The Wolverine is already March 2017 and Gambit likely October 2017.

I agree it'll probably be like that "X-Men Origins" they quickly got rid of. Perhaps "X-Men Presents"

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. the greenman

Well they've been doing subtitles anyway.

X-Men: First Class
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    X-Men: Apocalypse

So the logical thing to do, is toss in New Mutants subtitle. That is, of course, if they plan on this being a full on spinoff similar to Deadpool and the upcoming X-Force.

BTW, I think the cancelled Magneto solo film was going to be called 'X-Men Origins: Magneto'.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, good points there. Tough call, I forget if the New Mutants writer posted the title page of his drafts.

13. the greenman

Well:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes. Thanks for finding a post, greenman. There's got be a 'X-Men' something in the title. New Mutants I wouldn't think is as marketable as Wolverine or Deadpool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Not to mention that FOX has to use the X-Men name at least every few years in order to keep the rights to the characters or else they would revert back to Marvel. Thus why we got X-Men Origins: Wolverine. So if this is the next big not spinoff movie expect it at some point to have the X-Men moniker.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the greenman

I never heard of the rights being that strict. I just figured that they had to use those characters and likeness. If they have a deal like they did with Daredevil, Fantastic Four, it will only lapse within seven years. They have already made 'The Wolverine' and 'Deadpool', and if true, can afford to do 'New Mutants' and 'X-Force'.

Speaking of DD, remember they made 'Elektra' with a cameo by DD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...y-from-x-men-after-apocalypse-but-not-forever

Bryan Singer plans to step away from the X-Men franchise after Apocalpyse to move on to "something really different," but definitely sees himself returning in some form in the future.

I guess "New Mutants" isn't completely obvious about the X-Men connection, though good Marketing could probably resolve that I think :).

18. the greenman

Singer is doing a remake of '20k Leagues Under the Sea'. I expect he will do that and then his next X film in 2020. Hopefully a Dark Phoenix Saga two parter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I do think it will be nice to get some new blood in the X-Men movie franchise, even for the main films, because as much as Singer is in a big way responsible for the success of the X-Men films and their continuing as they are under Fox, it might be nice to see more of someone else's vision for the characters :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly having the title of your film have the series name in it is not very strict at all and honestly something they can do easily enough. Plus I'm pretty sure the rights to the X-Men are different then other properties due to how many characters in the X-Men franchise there are compared to the base of every other Marvel character, thus the idea of having to renew said rights more often then other companies.

Especially as thinking about it the seven years of a film having to at least be in production certainly wasn't true for all properties. The reason Sony rushed another Spiderman into a reboot was to keep the rights despite Spiderman 3 coming out in 2007 and Amazing Spider Man in 2012. So obviously depending on the character useage the right time frame is probably different.

I'm not saying every X-Men related movie has to have the x-Men name in front of it as that obviously isn't true but if there is a period where the's a few year gap expect to see it show up. Wolverine and Deadpool weren't made under those conditions with Wolverine coming out only a year before X-Men Days of Future Past and Deadpool MONTHS before X-Men Apocalypse. So obviously some will be different then others.

Also thinking about it I think New Mutants would have the X-Men name anyway if it's suppose to serve as a follow up to X-Men Apocalypse. X-Force can be it's own thing, though I'm sure someone at Fox now is wishing they could all it "X-Force, with special apperance by Deadpool that's right Deadpool is in this film everyone go see it."

Yeah, which is also why it took a couple of years for Elektra's rights to revert back to Marvel then it did for Daredevil as Elektra's movie wasn't advertised in the title to relating to Daredevil. And again I was talking about the case for X-Men which is different for other characters... though at this point X-Men are the only Marvel characters Marvel doesn't/may not for awhile get back the rights to (seriously whoever at Fox is in charge of the Fantastic Four rights: give up and just give it to Marvel and stop embarassing yourself).

Hmmm after how Apocalypse opened why do I think this is Fox Studios reaction to that news?

Again this isn't meant to be offensive to Mr. Synger and I wish him well in his efforts but... again at this point it's clear other people can come in and do their own thing for X-Men related characters and have it work out really well. I think the era of Bryan Singer is honestly coming to an end for X-Men in terms of a director since by the time he comes back if he chooses to the franchise will likely be a lot different then compared to even now. As again seems he's a bit out of date honestly in terms of appeasing to a mass audience. I could be wrong but eh that's just my judgement on this though I guess we'll see soon enough how this franchise will go after we find out the next X-Men movie after whatever Wolverine 3 is about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1