1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Yeah I imagine it could of easily cleared 800 mil worldwide with that especially as the only reason Days of Future Past has such a high worldwide gross is the 116 million it made in China. Which is really honestly the only big advantage now sans the higher budget (which is a detractor for the studio honestly) the other X-Men movies have on Deadpool at this point. Even if in the end he still surpasses them.

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

4/3: I doubt going forward the budgets will sky rocket like DoFP. Just look at the star power:

Bryan Singer
    Hugh Jackman
    ref: http://deadline.com/2015/03/x-men-days-of-future-past-profit-box-office-2014-1201389620/
    Patrick Stewart -$10mil
    Ian McCellan -$10mil
    Halle Berry -$500k
    Peter Dinklage -$500k
    Ellen Page, Anna Paquin, Famke Jansen, and James Marsden probably made a tens of thousands as well.
    That's not including JLaw, Fassbender, MacAvoy and Hoult.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

4/16: El Mayimbe suggests the next X-Men followup will be based on 'The Dark Phoenix Saga':

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Next-X-Men-Movie-May-About-Epic-Storyline-125167.html

I think it's way way too early for that, but I wouldn't put it pass the Studio to try.

• Like Like x 1
    #42 the greenman, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  3. the greenman

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It will be interesting to see how they balance the older X-Men from the original trilogy with the new kids they're introducing in Apocalypse :ack:.

I would think the new X-Men were cast with the intention of appearing in future movies and basically growing into the roles, but with the timeline for the X-Men timeline being as sporadic as it is, who knows if that's going to be feasible :sweat:.

5. the greenman

Ya know, one way they can bring back Janssen would be have her in a futuristic flashback scene in Deadpool 2, X-Force or Cable. She could play Madelyne Pryor in an alternate timeline or something. For those that don't know, Scott and Maddie (Jeans clone) are the parents of Cable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool! I think he's the first of the new X-Kids to sign up for multiple movies, barring those rumors about Alexandra Shipp being in New Mutants :)?

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if we'll see him in proper X-Men sequels, or New Mutants? Technically, he would be young enough.

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it'll depend on what Fox's plans are in regards to the X-Men, and if we'll be getting a straight-up X-Men movie after Apocalypse and featuring the new cast, or if New Mutants (which is rumored to focus on the classic roster) will be the closest thing to an official X-Men movie we get for the time being o_O.

It's already rumored we'll see Alexandra Shipp's Storm in the New Mutants movie, so there might be some overlap.

10. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Considering the production of previous movies it now seems incredibly likely they would use the legacy virus for the next x-men movie.

12. the greenman

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd just really like to see the modern X-Men of Deadpool's present, alongside the Colossus introduced in that movie, appear in a movie and get some focus. I think there's only so much you can do with continually doing X-Men movies as period pieces and I want to see a fully-formed team operating in modern times :cool:.

I guess it's nice to see the X-Shows might actually tie into the movie universe...maybe :sweat:.

14. the greenman

I can't help thinking Joss Whedon should come in and do either a reboot of the updated team, or a completely new storyline in an alternate timeline.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

16. the greenman

The one thing I want is for a new Gambit and Rogue. When I think of 90's XMen, I think of them. Also to be honest, I would love Claremont to have some input. Didn't he have input on Apocalypse?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, until we're sure the Gambit solo is actually happening or going into full production, they may as well give Tatum something to do :sweat:.

I think Claremont had at least some influence or dialogue with the scriptwriters for DoFP and Apocalypse :).

18. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

Honestly, this is just silly. Apocalypse would have been perfect time to end "The First Class - trilogy" and just make new X-Men movies set in present day. I already have hard time to care about Apocalypse, since I know that no one is going to die or be put out of commission, so making more "prequels" is no way appealing to me.

It is so obvious that Fox is deliberately avoiding the present day, since they have no idea what to do with the continuity. The ending of Days of Future Past already established that the X-Men are played by the original trilogy's actors in present day, but Fox can't really make any more movies with them, since most of them are leaving the franchise and they would have to address Deadpool both recasting and completely changhing the personality of Colossus. To be frank, in grand scehme of things, Days of Future was completely pointless, since it didn't make the continuity any cleaner nor gave the franchise a clean slate for Fox to work with, like it was supposed to.

#58 Freddy, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  19. the greenman

I can do without Tatum as Gambit personally. Also, they need to recast Rogue anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator