1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There's also still the Feb. 14, 2019 date unless that was assigned to a non-X-Men movie at Fox.

The 2021 one has to be for the Fantastic Four movie reboot that will never get made or further drag the name in the mud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

The New Mutants never did a lot on X-Force aside from some really stupid plots involving Cannonball being the second coming only to quickly get swept under the rug and ignored.

They should just make it a team up with the New Mutants in Logan X-23 and Rictor and whoever Deadpool gets joined by in his sequel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, they may not necessarily have to recast or reboot the role if they intend to have Laura take over the mantle...
    It would have been interesting to get more insight into what happened between the original trilogy's present and the Days of Futures Past timeline :ack:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They are a business and Wolverine is a big I.P. for them so I'm not surprised they might. But I'd rather see them grow their I.P.'S and keep exploring more of the canon. They can't hedge their bets on one. They seem to be recognizing that with Deadpool, New Mutants, Cable and X-Force and so forth. Going back to Wolverine within the next 3-5 years is too soon, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I like Wolverine, but nah, I'd rather see X-23 grow into her role (and the actress would grow alongside her character).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Apparently, they sent Logan out for Oscar considerations. So, if it does get a nod, you can bet it'll be on their docket.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

8. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I agree.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I really hope that if we are getting Wolverine it will just be Laura/X/23/Dafne Keen getting the role and doing a film on her not someone being recast as Logan. Especially since at this point, the X-Men film franchise honestly DOESN'T NEED WOLVERINE. You could say differently maybe a couple of years ago but with Deadpool now being the most profitable X-Men movie and them being able to do successful R rated movies and getting in a groove of doing different kind of movies (like with New Mutants) they can do so many other characters to make them stars. Hell once the team actually gets their act together and starts a production, I could totally see a Gambit movie even doing well. Wolverine honestly doesn't need to be used again like you had to tag him into every X-Men film just for the sake of box office or trying to cash in on their most popular character which he isn't anymore. Let Logan rest and give others a chance at the spotlight FOX. Wait until the corpse actually really is cold before you actually do Wolverine okay?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

In the wake of Olivia Munn likening Dark Phoneix to a two-parter, an extra reveals there's plans to start filming a second movie right after the first one finishes: after winter passes in Montreal, film in either early next year or near the summer for 'part two' to be in theaters soon after in 2019.

EDIT: Ok, so Dark Phoenix is in November 2018. The 3 unslotted dates in 2019 are February 14, 2019 June 7, 2019 and November 22, 2019. If they want the 2nd movie to come out soon after then it's likely February or June. But in the mix for those slots are also Gambit, X-Force, and Deadpool 3 I believe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    #430 Yojimbo, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fox is definitely keeping themselves busy...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. the greenman

They will more than likely keep the November slot. Those other films could use those slots.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps. Hard to tell how far along the script from this next one is. (I guess they'll call it From the Ashes or something familiar, heh) and how far along Deadpool 3 and X-Force is. In contrast, we know they're working on scripts for Gambit and X-Force. The latter is Reynolds, Carnahan, and Goddard. No clue about the stage of production on this next X-movie. Gambit seems like the least developed so to hedge things give it the November slot. I hope they're on the fence about the June slot -- on one hand, super popular Deadpool or the next X-movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

I'm still convinced they're not doing a 3rd Deadpool and just going straight into X-Force since Cable & Domino have been added to the sequel cast.

Carnahan is no longer attached or was only doing a script treatment.

• Like Like x 2
  15. the greenman

16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

New Mutants director Josh Boone confirmed that Fox is planning a trilogy of New Mutants movies. Since Gambit just received the February 2019 release date, more of those untitled Fox Marvel movie dates will likely be filled up.

We have New Mutants (April 2018), Deadpool 2 (June 2018), X-Men Dark Phoenix (November 2018), and Gambit (February 2019). The other months are June 2019, November 2019, March 2020, June 2020, October 2020, and March 2021.

X-Force could be in June 2019. If X-Men Dark Phoenix is a two-part movie, the second part could release in November 2019. Deadpool 3 could be in 2020. I imagine a New Mutants sequel will be in 2020 like October.

That leaves at least two dates. An X-23 movie or another Fantastic Four movie could fill those dates since I think a third New Mutants movie would be in 2022.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Some good possible dates for the upcoming films.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I imagine they'll be watching reviews and reception of Deadpool 2 to factor with Deadpool 3 or X-Force first then the other.

I wouldn't mind an X-23 movie. Even Logan was about Wolverine, it equally was about her. And they left that sub plot open about her and the other children heading to the sanctuary that could well be X-Force.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Ok, so according to Kinberg's instagram and Rhett Reese's twitter, they've wrapped filming on Dark Phoenix and Deadpool 2.

Really not used to such an accelerated work schedule for this series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

If there are fewer spots for another FF movie I'm happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1