1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Never read her. Heard of, but never read.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

2. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Does Fox have the rights to Squirrel Girl? Marvel made her a mutate and not a mutant in recent comics.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd say it would be very easy for Deadpool to steal the show in a X-Force movie, but if he's used in a similar vein to when he was on Rick Remender's version of the team, as comedy relief, I think he can work :).
    Well, she was supposedly a part of that New Warriors pitch a while back, so I expect Marvel has the rights to her.

It would also explain why they've promoted her so much...

4. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

I know she's Luke Cage's babysitter, maybe Disney wants to use her for appealing to the kiddies... :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly then they could give her a CG flick and have her part of the Big Hero 6 Marvel hero verse, but I think though there is a bit more of an edge to the character that people would want to see you wouldn't get in a Disney animated flick. Partially a shame as I could see her fitting really well and with stuff like The Nut Job around we need actually GOOD animated movies related to squirrels, but I'm not going to pretend like I know the character enough to suggest that would be the best fit. Just an idea.

I'm also pretty sure we're not going to see any members of the New Mutants be related to anyone in X-Force as until they want to combine the two teams they probably want to make them separate at first. Then again it's hard to tell with the FOX Mutant verse which IMHO if stuff like Logan and Deadpool show their success is actually in much smaller, single view narrative movies. The MCU can do big epic stories starring a multitude of heroes but doesn't seem like something that will work for Fox if Apocalypse is anything to go by.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

Considering she never really had any ties to the X-Men in the first place, I doubt Fox ever had the movie rights to her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. the greenman

Hmmm, what FF?

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You mean "what about FF?" -- I don't know if that figure's been revealed. It is complicated because of that ashcan movie. Constatin Film paid ~$250,000 in 1983 then the budget of the movie went to ~$1 million then Marvel bought the film negative for x amount of money so 20th and Fox could start work. But the distribution deal was struck with 20th in 2004 for x amount of money. I think.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. the greenman

Yeah wrote that on the quick, sorry. Well, we know full well FOX earned it's money on X-Men now, unlike Disney and Star Wars yet ($4 billion still need a few billion to go). We were not even really using the word billion or trillion in our vocabulary back then. It's like Dr. Evil had to learn. Times have truly changed.

I heard about that Constantin deal with FF, which is probably still in contention with FOX. That's something the lawyers might have been going over by now. I assume it was cheap, which is why FOX is fighting for it so hard.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I would guess between $1 and 2.5 million.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. the greenman

4/3: Well, probably on the 1mil side. Cause X-Men was a known property thanks to the animated series which came out in 91 or 92. FF had that Hanna Barbera stuff in the 60's and 70's but no longer a popular property by that time.

4/13: Slightly off topic, but do we know how much FOX got Daredevil for? Cause I had heard that may have been working with DD over at Columbia but failed to agree.

In other news; with the revelation Brolin has signed a 4 pic deal (which probably means DP2, X-Force trilogy), does this mean we won't see Cable involved with the Summers? Or may they appear in X-Force? Hmmm.

• Like Like x 2
    #392 the greenman, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think so.

Probably, for the same reason we won't see Deadpool in X-Men title movies. And well, they're in different timelines so to speak. But depending on what storylines they want to do, a big X-Men-X-Force movie crossover could happen in the later 2020s, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think there would be some value in doing an X-Men/X-Force crossover at a point where the current "young X-Men" would be adults and can more evenly bounce off the vets of X-Force :cool:.

Though either way Cable would probably be meeting young versions of his parents...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

And cap it with a Deadpool end credits teaser breaking 4th wall again commenting on not appearing. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. the greenman

It's kinda why I prefer a Phoenix Saga trilogy. You can flesh out Scott (with Corsair) and Jean (with the possible inclusion of Mastermind). Later you can introduce Mr. Sinister and Maddie Pryor.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I hope Scott and Jean is one of the next recurring arcs starting with the next movie whatever it's going to be called and they get fleshed out now that the first trilogy is done. They know they have to move past Xavier and Magneto and Mystique.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. the greenman

Mystique could essentially continue if they keep the Kurt son relationship. However, I personally feel like JLaw is done with these films. She might be looking at the MCU or DC from now on.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd rather she wash her hands with CBMs for now and write off Mystique as out on the road recruiting mutants for the school rather than teaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

She's done, how can you have a Mystique who hates the very thing that makes up the character?