1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have always wondered where the rights to the Savage Land fall...

• Like Like x 1
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

As far as I can find Marvel at one point claimed they were going to make films of both Ka-Zar and Dazzler. Now this was 6 years ago, but I believe FOX would own the rights to Ka-Zar. He debuted in Uncanny X-Men # 10. If FOX can claim ownership of Kang the Conquerer based on that same rationale, I'm pretty sure FOX has Ka-Zar too.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Heh, yeah, someone asked one of the main producers, Hutch Parker, about Savage Land last month and his response was an "I don't know"
    But I agree, it makes sense Fox would have it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. the greenman

Oh yes, I do remember reading something about that and Starjammers, but I thought it was speculative clickbait articles.

EDIT: These are two articles I read last year. One of does talk about possible spoiler for 'Apocalypse' and what I was talking about Starjammers being cosmic.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/a-list-of-upcoming-and-potential-x-men-films-spin-offs-a100962

http://www.omegaunderground.com/201...smic-starjammers-and-phoenix-saga-on-the-way/

• Like Like x 1
    #24 the greenman, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Deadpool writers talk about Deadpool in the X-universe. I have wondered if they're going to keep going to the 90s, jump to the present, or pause on the X-Men movies for a bit. Seems like the 3rd choice.

6. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well I think they're trying to say "it's off the cards for now" as they probably don't have any clue what FOX is doing with the regular X-men movie franchise... which honestly I'm not even sure if the production staff does. Apocalypse is suppose to end the First Class era trilogy and next year's Wolverine ends Hugh's Jackman's run with the character so it's clear they're moving to something new but... I have no idea what. As kind of over whelming as DC and the MCU laying down their long term plans for the next few years you at least know where things stand with them while with FOX it's much harder to grasp what their next NEXT move will be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. the greenman

Pretty sure we have to wait and see what Singer and Kinberg are going to cook up. They are running the show.

8. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

"Kind of overwhelming" is an understatement. Between now and the "next few years" those schedules will be more bloated than the current projection.

DCEU mentioned "film-maker driven" and that has actually been Fox's case right down to the "which IP's?" stage. Be it Singer, Kinberg, and the rest of that core setting up the next big shakeup OR a star / a creative / a group of creatives wanting to headline their piece of the mutant-verse. With respect to the latter, that's why a New Mutants movie, an "in consideration of the fans" Wolverine 3, a Gambit feature, a Legion show, and,
    just this past release, Deadpool (was once 8 years on hold) are currently on the table.
    When that movie is successful or at the very least when that franchise is salvageable (Origins Wolverine and First Class are the least profited X features), the conventions of a trilogy follow.

At the moment, it seems like Fox is still holding its end of the 'Origins' bargain which was intended after X3 and has now extended to characters from X-M:OW.
    The outliers, not within the pre-existing trilogies nor derived from pre-existing movie characters, are either in their own world (Legion) or still years away to distinguish its purpose within the larger fold (potentially New Mutants if it's not the continuation of the Second Class).

• Like Like x 1
  9. the greenman

I still think 'New Mutants' should come before 'X-Force'. However, what might be happening is a new wing of branches. They will no doubt keep the X-Men prime films with the team, Xavier, and Magneto. Then Kinberg said they will alternate with solo films, except next year where we will have both 'Wolverine' and 'Gambit'. Then if and when we get X-Force, that could easily lead to new teams (New Mutants or Excalibur) and solo spinoffs (Cable).

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Obviously, it'll be the topic of the next producer/writer summit. But it's all logistics. X-Force has been at it for 3 years of writing off and on but it is limited by Deadpool 2 being before it. Next is New Mutants which is being written/going through drafts. 2018 will probably one of them following Deadpool 2 probably.

• Like Like x 2
  11. the greenman

If the rumor of Domino in DP2 in addition to Cable, I think we cam call it X-Force 1/2.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mostezli

Two new dates surfaces

Also, I was going to put this in the feature talkback thread, but it's fairly relevant here.
    [​IMG]
    The first two are oddly designed with very gaudy choices for the arms and legs.
    and the one on the right is her current design with navy blue replacing the black.
    NTW pretty much established the 'New Mutants' look I would love to see; plus it's very unisex.

• Like Like x 2
    #32 Mostezli, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool, those should be the Gambit and Deadpool 2 dates.

I agree with you there, I hope that's the 'New Mutants' look as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. the greenman

Yeah, I too can definitely see a New Mutants team in those garbs. I can alternate between the middle one or the dark one really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2/28: Mostezli beat you to it, Frontier. ;)

3/27: From Empire, Singer admits he's not going to roll into another X-Men movie right away and is taking a break but not leaving the franchise. When asked who's next, he expressed interest in Proteus. Considering who his mother is in the comics... and could potentially give Colossus another big role.

17. Mostezli

3/28: According to myentertainmentworld.com Gambit is shooting June 15.
    Legion has already begun shooting.

4/2:
    Shouldn't have even bothered, but curiosity got the best of me.
    The bts stuff was a late topic and was barely discussed relative to the overwhelming distaste or at the very least indifference resulting from other talking points.

I will continue to champion UF4 because that's my inclination toward this property and scifi in general. If anyone would have told me that Trank's F4 was to be continued with genuine effort put in to "doing it right", my dopamine levels will without hesitation rise.

#37 Mostezli, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2016
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well it should be nice to know that, whatever happens, they've still got Deadpool to rely on :p.

Though I do hope Apocalypse at least does decently at the Box Office :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Geez, and Deadpool wasn't even released in China. 0_o

• Like Like x 1