1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, then that was a wasted post-credits scene then :shrug:.

Well, he would know :p.

...I guess this confirms who has the Alpha Flight rights :rolleyes2:.

Just let it go Fox...just let it go :(.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, no. It ties into Logan but I didn't want to spoil it outright so I only linked to the slide about Sinister. ;)

I forgot there was a question. But yeah they did namedrop Department H once or twice on AOS.

Right? They should know by know to stick to their bread and butter - the X-Men stuff or at least start looking into working a deal with Marvel Studios.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Fantastic 4?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah even if Marvel would acquire it, let it rests for like 5 yrs after. So if they were to retain the rights in 2021, pepper an actor playing Reed Richards (only) before hand, and show us the Baxter Building, maybe mention Latveria in passing. Then, in the FF film (which would not show origin), in like 2025. In other words, build the hype.

Anywho, enough of FF. I think they should go ahead with casting an adult X-23 for X-Force.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

So considering the lack of mention I imagine they don't own the rights to Excalibur, seems fair enough since you could easily do that team without the mutants it just needs Captain Britain.

After finding out about how Fox had to bend backward to use Mega Sonic Teenage Warhead I wonder how many aspects of a newer property like Exiles can they keep.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the greenman

Didn't some woman claim she was working on a Cap Brit script for Marvel last year?

7. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

They let Marvel Studios use one character just to change NTW's powers, so I'm to believe they're in the clear as long as characters' basic traits are intact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Yeah, the X-Men Apocalypse post-credits scene felt pretty confusing if it was hinting towards Logan. If it was hinting towards the general future of the X-Men movies, it still didn't feel clear enough.

Same with the X-Men: Days of Future Past for casual viewers. I understood the post-credits scene for that movie, but the audience I saw the movie with were confused.
    I hope they keep Dafne Keen for X-23. I'd like to see her grow up with the character if she's that good in Logan.

Director James Mangold even said he'd be interested in an X-23 spin-off movie after being enamoured with Dafne Keen's portrayal of the character. I think it would be great to see her grow with the role like some of the original trilogy kids.

People keep saying X-23 has to be recast for future appearances, but she started out as a kid in the comic and over the years, became the young adult we see in comics today. Why rush to that when they can work with their current version? Plus, by the time they get to another appearance with X-23, Dafne Keen will be older.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, a Ciara McAvoy was working on poster art for the pitch and teased the actor envisioned. Chris Lark and Eleni Larchanidou are the two working on the highlight reel for the pitch. The pitch session is for this year.

From my experience, to be fair, all post-credits scenes - not just X-Men movies - confuses the majority of the audience.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe, but most end credit scenes also end up leading somewhere where people go, "Oh! Now that makes sense in hindsight!" You can't really say that with a few of the ones you mentioned....

Now, I can see how ASM2's after credits scene might baffle some people. :p

Regarding Alpha Flight and Exiles - I love that FOX is finally branching out and taking advantage of the huge, huge X-universe, but if these are coming out after Gambit - I'm not gonna hold my breath yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

This is Fox we're talking about that's very hard for them to do this is the company that made Galactus a cloud.

I'm not talking about Cap Brit, though I'm talking about his team, the real question is to what extent Marvel owns they probably don't have shared rights with his sister. His brother made his first appearance in the same comic and is also a mutant, probably the trickiest rights issue. Stil, if Marvel does have the full rights to Excalibur odds are Captain Britain's mutant wife is owned by Marvel since she's had limited appearance in the X-Books.

• Like Like x 1
    #331 Magmaster12, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  12. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Fox's NTW would be akin to MCU's Aldrich Killian.
    If it's a mutant or an F4 character being adapted to film, that's Fox's jurisdiction regardless of how new the property is.

13. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Or Marvel Entertainment.

I'd love to see a Fantastic Four tv show that's in the same vein as The Flash show, even if the special effects won't be movie quality. Another movie just shouldn't happen...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

An appeal of Exiles I just realized is they can experiment with recasting roles due to the nature of it dealing with the multiverse and timelines. And if one sticks, like Wolverine hypothetically -- they can use him for the mainline movies.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's kind of interesting to have them be talking about Exiles when Blink was just confirmed for the new Fox X-Men show :rolleyes2:.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True, and they still use Fan Fan for Exiles cause of the alternate versions angle.

3/3: YES! FINALLY! Someone admits it. Laura Shuler Donner. "We cannot, once again, explore the Erik/Charles dynamic...there are other stories to tell."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #336 Yojimbo, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  17. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Fox needs to hire Kevin Feige and his team at Marvel Studios to take over the X- Men franchise from Simon Kinberg before he ruin it going forward

#337 dmxx116, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  18. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Nah, I'm fine with Kinberg. I don't want the X-Men to be part of the MCU just now. Heck despite my disagreements with him saying that a sequel to Fant4stic will happen, he's doing great with the X-Men franchise IMO along with Star Wars as well.

I'd rather have the Fantastic Four film rights being reverted back to Marvel before the X-Men.
    To be honest, I think a MCU Fantastic Four film can happen. It just needs the right material to do so. I think Agents of SHIELD is more in the same vain as The Flash TV show.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    #338 AdrenalineRush1996, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  19. the greenman

They simply need to utilize the entire "universe" of X-Men. I'm not quick to elect Feige and crew just yet. The same can be said of the Spider-Man universe, they have barely scratched the surface of the villains and stories. Hopefully the new MCU reboot will showcase the whole gamut of rogues and stories.

The sad part is, I almost regret to suggest something that links FF with X-Men. That in and of itself would be a game changer.

20. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I myself would like to see the Shi'ar Empire appearing in the franchise.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk