1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[X-Men TAS: "Beyond Good and Evil"] Was it really the 'kiss of death' for the series?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by The Jazzman, Aug 10, 2004.

1. The Jazzman

The Jazzman thug, louse, legend

I wanted to know what the consensus was on this mammoth four-parter? If indeed it was the death knell for the series or just an ambitious 'everything and the kitchen sink gets a cameo' episode that, although bloated, was still moderately enjoyable.

2. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

I first saw it when I got the VHS about a year ago. I don't know, I always thought that it was too long and confusing, and not as entertaining as other episodes. Maybe because I've never been to fond of time-travel, Bishop, or Cable.

3. Wayman Tisdale

Yeah, I'm burned out on that plot device too. Even on Justice League time travel does nothing for me. That said I liked that storyline I just think I would've made for great finale to the entire series.

Their actual finale "Graduation Day" seemed very unspectacular and only a paltry one part with suspect, unnecessary changed animation by the last 6 episodes from the previous 70 episodes. The only ep that worked in that animation style was Captain America's "Old Soldiers".

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

This was a really tedious arc. I lost interest halfway through it. The only real kick I got out of it was seeing Psylocke animated and looking very sharp. The rest is a blur of Bishop being in that weird time nexus place and Apocalypse inside some egyptian looking building. It was an ambitious episode but it fell flat.

I actually liked a couple episodes of the "new style" and thought Graduation Day was good. "Old Soldiers" was the best of the lot though. I don't remember the other ones being really great.