"X-Men Origins: Gambit" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Spider-Man, Jun 17, 2009.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

100.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

Learn more about this X-Man!

X-MEN ORIGINS: GAMBIT

[​IMG]

WRITER: Mike Carey
    PENCILS: David Yardin

THE STORY: Remy LeBeau is one of the X-Men's biggest guns, but he started out on the other side of the equation, alongside Mister Sinister's Marauders. From New Orleans to the Mutant Massacre and beyond, this is the story of the Ragin' Cajun's transformation from villain to hero - and what it cost him...

Comments?

2. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy

Nah. It's part of a series of "X-Men: Origins" one-shots that have been going on for well over a year. They've already done (that I remember) Jean Grey, Beast, Sabertooth and Colossus.

They're all pretty darn good, especially the Beast one. I've yet to read this one, but I look forward to grabbing it at some point.

3. silvanoir

silvanoir New Member

If you're already familiar with the character's history... then you know what's in it.

It's basically a series of flashbacks from key moments of Gambit's life before joining the X-men. Only with updated (mostly better) art.

My only big crit is that on the first page the artist clearly has no idea how to draw children's faces, and drew an adult face of the little girl's body.

4. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy

Yeah, and the first time he drew Gambit with his mask, his hairline was way too high. There was alike a foot of forehead before the hair. He got the hang of it as the issue went on, but wow. That looked bad.

I went ahead and grabbed it, as Gambit's always been one of my favorite X-Men, and the Origins one-shots have been pretty decent.

It was nice for me, as I kinda drifted off from X-Men after the "Trial of Gambit" stuff, so while I knew a lot of it from that story-arc, I never saw it expanded.

Did they ever reveal what was in the vial that Gambit got from Sinister as payment? Not in here, obviously, but overall?