1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG X-Men: Evolution RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Barb Gordon, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

OOC: Hey guys I'm leaving for week to go to camp but as soon as I get back I'm going to make a reply.

2. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

OOC: *cough* Ello?

~Selena~

3. Animation Otaku

Animation Otaku Active Member

OOC: is anyone going to do anything more do this?

4. The Detective

:eek:

Umm hey guys! Sorry this is a little late..okay who am I fooling it's very late but what can I say? At least it's here. :shrug: Okay so here it is the long awaited Magneto post.

Oh and I had to use quite a few characters. My new partner seems to be missing so that can't be helped and I don't talk much for Pyro and Colussus. And Selena since we have been planning this since the beginning I figured you wouldn't mind. ;)

I hope everyone didn't drop out, my evil plans are just getting started! I've got tons more planned! :anime: :anime:

IC: Magneto

11:20 AM

Slowly I and Cyclops descend to the ground the snow crunching under our feet as we touch the ground. Not far from where we stand a silver dome rises from the white powder that surrounds this area. A smile plays across my face. This is perfect.

"How do we get in?"

"Ah dear Cyclops do you forget who you serve? For I am The Master Of Magnetism!" To underscore my words I reach out my hand, fingers spread my cape flowing to complete a regal pose. The magnetism leaps from my fingers gripping hold of the metallic dome, opening hidden panels creating a hidden doorway.

"Aaaa," is all that escapes from his lips. No matter. I move towards the open door with my now loyal minion following. Oh how I wish I could see the face of Charles now.

I walk through the doorway waiting for Cyclops to as well. As he does I extend my hand closing the portal we have passed through.

"Come Cyclops."

Obediantly he steps forward, "Yes?"

"Close yur eyes Scott."

Obediantly he complies.

"Do you ever grow sick of hiding behind that visor? That visor that only diminishes the mighty power you hide behind you eyes? Well hide no more!"

I send out a surge and grip control of his visor dropping it to the ground and shattering it as I do so. I reach out a hand and pull from a shelf his new visor. Black and gray with a metallic 'M' emblazoned on the front. Carefully I position it around his head.

"There Scott! Now instead of hiding your power you flaunt it! Nor do you have to worry with cumbersome buttons. This visor is controlled by the elictrical impulses of your mind!" I puase to direct Scott to a metal bloack of iron I have set into place. "Concetrate and fire a blast at that block!"

"If you say so Mangeto."

He stares at the block for a moment, and then a ruby red blast of pure energy escapes and crackles from his eyes, slams into the bloack and utterly destroys it.

"Whoah," he just stares at what he has accomplished.

"Did Charles ever teach you anything like that? Has Charles ever taught you anything but to hide your powers like somethg to be ashamed of while these inferior beings discuss what to be done with us?!"

"No..."

Excellent. While my post hypnotic suggestion has taken controll of him for now I fear it my wear off. It is best to fill his mind with the truth while he is still impressionable.

"Then come with me."

Loyally he follows while I storm into a landing bay filled with the metal spheres I use to transport my followers. I rip the door off a locker and inside is a black costume not unlike the one he wears now save for a red 'M' splayed across the chest.

"There Scott, is the costume you shall wear! Wear it with pride!"

"I will Magneto, I will."

This is excellent. I would chang his name as well but somehow I find the name "Cyclops" appropriate as they were greek giants of chaos.

As I exit the bay while Cyclops changes into his new costume my eyes play across a monitor. Pyro and the rest have returned, followed with, THE MUTANT! Excellent! My plans are unstoppable at this point!

Cyclops quickly changes and runs to my side while I head for the central control room. Impatiently I open the hidden door panels and take a seat awaiting the presence of this new mutant.

I rest my fingers on the arms of the chairs and rest my fingertips against each other. We are the fuutre will Charles ever realize that?

Within minutes Pyro appears in the dooryway a proud look on his face.

"Hey Boss you'll never guess what?!"

My impatience swells inside me. "Bring her in!"

He nods and turns around. Within minutes she walks in, the mutant known as Epoch.

She looks me over her head moving up and down.

"So you're Magneto? I've heard a lot about you."

Slowly I rise to my feet removing my helmet shaking my white hair as I do so. "Yes I am the one called Magneto. But do not be so modest. I have heard of you as well."

"Yes I gathered that or you wouldn't have asked to see me."

Aaah she is a spirited girl. She will be a fine addition to my ranks. Finally her eye catches Cyclops still standing at my side in a stoic pose.

"Isn't that one of Xavier's kids?"

"Yes he was formerly a student of Charles but now his eyes have been opned and now he is one of us."

"Us? Just who exactly is us? Waaaait a minute there if you think I came down here to join you're little club you're seriously mistaken. I wouldn't join Xavier and I'm not here to join you. Not yet. Maybe not ever."

"You misunderstand. While an offer to join me would not be turned down I expect nothing , nor ask nothing of you."

Skeptism. She is not a joiner. So be it. She will be persuaded one way or another.

"It's been my expeirence that when people say that they're fixing to ask you for something."

I smile a somewhat amused look on my face. "Aa my dear after such a biting remark I all most wish I didn't have to ask you for something for I indeed require something of you."

"And that would be..."

"Quite simply, Cerebro." Her face betrays inner confusion.

"I've never even seen Cerebro. Hell, I barely even know what it is."

I point to Colussus who is standing a few feet away. "But I do believe you have a disk that you "obtained" from Collussus?"

A knowing look dawns on her face. Her earlier confused look turns to a slight smile.

"So that's what all of this about? One disk?"

I merely nod. "Yes, one disk. But on that disk is contained the summ total of all of Cerebro's programming, files, and data."

"And this is going to help you how?"

"Once I download the contents of the disk I will have Cerebro. Every mutant ever detected, I will know of. Also, since I lack Charle's telpathy it will have limited mutant detecting power but nowhere near the level of the real one."

She nods slightly. "Now please, the disk."

"I don't have it any more."

No! It's impossible, she couldn't have given it back to Charles!?

"Not to worry, Magsy, I did download it the contents and sent it to a secure e-mail box."

I push the chair up agsint the wall and spark a computer to life. "Open it."

"Okay, okay, have a little patience."

I watch as she sits down and starts pecking away at the keyboard. I'm so close and yet so far away. With agonizing slownes she opens up her e-mail box then pecks in a password. One e-mail rests in the box. One with an attachment. Cerebro.

"So you want me to download it to disk, hard drive, both?"

"Let me take care of that. You just open the e-mail."

I watch as she does so and then I take it from there. She gets up from the chair and I open the attachment. I choose to download it with a custom program I wrote. The final download box pops up, the OK button glaring at me. I slip a golden disk into the disk drive and hit the OK button. I must download it to disk. Cerebro is written with a special programming language that would probably crash most computers. This disk is specially written to accept it.

"So long will it take?"

"Long enough."

A confused look comes over her face. I take the oppurtunity to lift two tubular metal bands from the floor. Before she realizes what is happening I spip both of them over her wrists then contract the atoms of the bands and squeeze the bands tight around each wrist.

"What are trying to pull!"

She lunges at me I can sense a surge of power starting to come to her fingertrips. I reach out a palm gripping the bands and forcing her hands right into her own face.

"Merely a precaution. As your loyalties can obviously not be trusted I must take staps to ensure that I do not find myself a victim of your power.

As I turn my back she moves her hand over one of the bannds. "Oh," I add as a side note, "don't try aging the bands. They're made of an adamtanium alloy I doubt even if you aged them several hundred years there would be any effect."

I turn back to the computer. AT LAST! The download is complete. Eagerly I pull the glowing disk out and head for another room. Slightly I nod to Epoch. "Come."

I head down a hallway and open a door. I step inside out onto a catwalk at the end of which is a highly advanced computer.

"So, this is Cerebro?"

"A copy."

I would explain further but it can wait. I slip the disk into the computer and begin the upload process.

"How were you able to make such a copy?"

"Because quite simply, I hehelped Charles build the original Cerebro?"

She looks somewhat interested but our conversation is cut short by sudden beeping. "File upload complete. Cerebro II is online"

"Yes! Now Epoch, welcome to, Cerebro II!"

OOC: :sweat: Boy that was a workout.

5. Animation Otaku

OOC: Sorry for being inactive for so long as well, let's get this rolling again.

IC: 11:25 AM

'Darnit'. I think to myself. We let a great opprotunity escape us, and we were winning too. Now that new mutant has gone to Magneto with Pyro, Gambit, Collosus, and Quicksilver. Can things get any worse? I motion for my teammates, we need to make some choices.

"Well," I tell them. "We've screwed up, we can't take Magneto on by ourselves." I remind them. I don't want to get the spirits down, after all, as leader I should keep my teammates feeling good, but I can't lie.

"But we don't have to." Wanda pointed out. I gie her a look.

"Huh? Oh, yeah!" Realization strikes me. It may be a bit of a longshot, but if it works we can finally be rid of Magneto.

"You! X-Geeks! You want to get rid of Magneto and save Summers, don't you?" I shout, turning towards them. My question is met with several nods and looks of bewilderment.

"Well, we want to get rid of Magneto as well. You don't like us, and we don't like you. But, Magneto is a formidable foe, and I'd be willing to put up with you guys in exchange for a temporary truce." There. I don't like working with them, other than Kitty, but we may have no choice at all.

6. AceOfKnaves

IC: Epoch

11:25am

Somewhere deep inside me is a scream, the restraints on my wrists a new and highly unwanted development. Who the hell does this guy think he is?! He thinks he can just frickin control me?!
    I reach my hand over one, trying to figure out a way to deconstruct it's material.
    "Oh," his voice is soft, but still filled with authority, "don't try aging the bands. They're made of an adamtanium alloy I doubt even if you aged them several hundred years there would be any effect."

DAMMIT! I'm really starting to wish I'd just stayed with the wheel chair guy. I follow him mindlessly down a corridor and into a narrow walkway. Looks like...
    "So this is Cerebro?"

"A copy."

I pretend to be interested in what he's talking about, my mind racing on ways to get me the hell out of this.
    "How were you able to make such a copy?"

He doesn't even look at me while he speaks,
    "Because, quite simply, I helped Charles build the original Cerebro."
    Now that IS interesting...Something beeps.
    "Yes! Now, Epoch, welcome to Cerebro II."

I shift a little in place, trying to decide if he had enough power to hold me here with the small cuffs on my wrists...knowing him...absolutely.
    "Look, you have what you wanted, now cut this crap out and let me go."

His face turns slowly towards mine, a slight grin on his mouth.
    "A mutant with such a powerful gift as yourself, Epoch, should not waste your talents on petty thievery."

I can feel the rage boiling back up again.
    "You have no right to tell me how to live my life. And you sure as hell don't have the right to assume that I'll serve you. I don't serve anyone but myself."

My eyes bore into his, but he doesn't move an inch.
    "If you want to leave, I won't stop you."

I eye him carefully, backing out of the fake Cerebro without taking my eyes from his deathly still form. I bump into something firm and cold outside of the main door.
    Whipping around, I half smile...It's the metal guy from earlier. Back to get revenge for the way I treated him, I bet.
    "Right...you won't...but he will."

The cuffs around my wrists meet at the base, slowly wrapping themselves completely around my hands. The door begins to shut behind me, but not before Magneto says,
    "Take her to her room."

I struggle with the welded metal, but give up rather quickly. Better not waste all my energy now. There's gotta be a way out of here, and I'm gonna find it.

7. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: Umm... I don't want my baby to die, so who is still interested in this RPG? I am and will post soon. But we need more participation!

8. Animation Otaku

OOC: I am too, but it just seems like other people aren't. :(

9. The Detective

[Shameless plug] Over at Hero RPGs we have an X-Men Evolution RPG and it has been quite active lately. Every villian except Magneto and Toad are open and there are still a lot of unclaimed X-Men. [/Shameless plug]

10. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

Thinking about it, this is my baby and I'd have to join another MB and there are so many custom characters... I don't know... :shrug:

11. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: One reason I think this RPG is so dead is because I think everyone except Epoch and Magneto is left in the dark about what is going on. I may be wrong, but I know that I am confused and don't know what to write.[​IMG] I will try to post something soon. I know I've said that, but I'm really determined to do something in 2 days. And I will, no doubt this time. Now about the rest of you...[​IMG] :p

12. AceOfKnaves

OOC: Actually, I'm wingin it. I don't really have any idea what's going on. The lack of posts doesn't help that much either. :p

And thanks for the shameless plug, DarkKnight. ;) But I don't think they want to get involved with another RPG no matter how active. Moving all your plots to another RPG is a pain. I had to do it for a few other of the RPGs here at ToonZone. I couldn't stand that my characters were stuck at a dead end, so I created a new site, and now I can play them more actively and actually get people to respond to them.... :p :D

~Selena~

13. The Detective

OOC: I kind of lost track of my evil plan.........oh wait I remember. :evil: I think......ok so I'm not sure what is happening any more. ;) I need to get this thing sorted out some more..........give me a few days.

14. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: Yes, I'm a bit lost myself...and I'm doing the summary for this too! eep. last I could gather, the fight ended, Cyclops and Epoch are with Magneto right now. Magneto has a copy of Cerebro and.....that's about where my brain fries. Where have I been? Well, summer, work, death in the family and going back to school just kinda sucked the time away from me. But if that's where we are at right now, I'll jump back in again. How many others are still alive around here?

~Barb

15. AceOfKnaves

OOC: I'm always alive it seems. Suppose I can't help being so. ;) I'll be willing to hop right back into the storyline if everyone else is.

~Selena~

16. Animation Otaku

OOC(is anything not these days?):I'm still around as well.

17. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: Okay so three of us seem to be up and lively. I need to reread through the last page or two because I'm still a bit miffed on exactly what's going on and where Jean would be right now. But if someone else is confident in where we all, please feel free to jump in and help the rest of us out.

~Barb

18. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: Haven’t I been saying that I’ve been in all along?! :mad: :p Actually, I would have been here sooner, but for some reason, I didn’t receive e-mails telling me this thread had replies. :(

IC: Pyro
    Monday, January 27th 11:40 AM (I can't believe we're still on the same date as when we started only 5 hours later, and that the RPG is that old)

It's been a long day. We've finally gotten Epoch to Magneto and he's in the base talking with her. I guess I've got some free time. That's rare. I head to my quarters to put on some civvies. I grab my snowboard and head outside of our Mt. Arrowrose base. I use my special remote that Magneto gave each of us to exit the solid dome, since we don't have the powers to pass through ourselves.

The dome spirals into a circular opening, letting in a blast of cold fresh air. Since it's January, the cold is nice and natural, not like that pretend sense of cold fake snow gives you. It's ironic, but I love the white stuff. I head to the ski resort area of the mountain, and try to make my way in unnoticed. I arrive and clip my fake ski ID to my jacket. Looking around, I think I'll go up to a middle level slope for a relaxing ride instead of my usual one, the double black diamond.

After I've got my board on, I take a ski lift up. Looking down on the ground, I take out my lighter and play with it a little. It's a little habit of mine. I think about the new recruit Magneto got this morning. Cyclops I think his name was. What exactly is up with that? I always thought he was one of the most devoted to the X-Men. I wonder if he can actually be one of us. Oh well, Magneto knows what he's doing.

I look back to my lighter. It seems I've made fairly large fire bird that I was unaware of. I look around to see if anyone noticed. I see a girl behind me with a funny slack look on her face. I smile and pretend I saw nothing out of the ordinary. ^_^

At the top the hill I take a deep breath, and with a powerful swoosh I'm off. I'm skiing down the hill curving left and right, wind whipping behind me. As I approach the bottom of the hill, I see a familiar face.

"Gambit. What's up?"

To be continued.

OOC: Actually, I could finish it now since there is more to this and I already know what I want to write, but I am unable to, I will write more later. Too bad this part doesn’t really go anywhere. :shrug: I hope this brings this thread back to life!
    LOL We have so many colors! Lemon Chiffon?!? :p

19. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: Okay, let's see if I can slip back into this without tripping all over myself.

IC: Jean Grey

Exhaling slowly I remove the cold compress from my forehead. Stars do I have one heck of a massive headache. Can't blame it for coming on though, what with all the hell that's been wreaked this morning alone. I wonder for a moment if maybe Epoch played around with time too much, I mean, how can this day be going so slowly? The rest of the X-Men are all taking a breather as well. It's hard to get my head around the current situation, the state that the Mansion is in right now and...Scott. It makes me want to cry and be sick all at once. Oh god Scott, what happened, where are you, what did Magneto do to you? I thought about probing for him with my mind, but I'm afraid. What if I do and it's not the same Scott anymore? I'm scared to death of what Magneto has done, but I've got to reverse it, we have to get Scott back. I had realized earlier, during the fighting, that with Scott missing, I was now leader. For the moment that suites me fine, but I wish Scott was back. Despite the insecurities he has about being in charge of us, there's no one better suited. He knows it all, he doesn't get angry too quickly, he thinks things through, he's humble, responsible, and everyone respects him and would do anything for him. Granted, I know everyone respects me as well, but it's not the same as with Scott, and I don't want to lead permanently. I am so tired of this day. Tossing the wet cloth into my sink and stroll out of my room, wanting to pause for a moment at Scott's...wishing he was in there....if I knocked would he answer? I force myself to keep moving down the hallway, what else lies before me on this day?

20. The Detective

OOC: Lesse if I can get some things happening here. Man I need my new lackey back. :evil:

IC: Magneto

11:52 AM

The exposed circuity that lines the interior of the Cerebro Dome hums and dazzles with light as is throbs, fully installing the newly recieved files. This is my private citadel. A dome within the outer dome. No one but myself Epoch, and Collussus briefly have been within it.

Relishing in my power I surge my hands upwards, magnetic energy pulses outward from my body. A mere touch of my fignertip would erase most computer systems. Not mine. But RUNS on magnetic energy.

I hover up wards, outspreading my palm and creating a large holographic image of the earth. The files of Cerebro now fully installed, pour out their data.

Within seconds red dots almost cover the image. Dear Charles, you always were such a poor strategist. A literal army at your fingertips and what have you done but hidden yourself away in that mansion of yours waiting for a storm to blow over that never will.

It is time. For too long humanity has remained the dominant species, almost completely unchallenged. Today, the threads shall be laid that will eventually destroy that dominion.

My capes flaps slowly as I lower back onto the walkway. Behind me I hear the door whish open. I feel a metallic presence. "Collussus."

"She is secured as you requested."

"Excellent. You may leave."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.