1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG X-Men: Evolution RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Barb Gordon, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animation Otaku

Animation Otaku Active Member

OOC: DarkKnight you're such a slave dirver :D.

IC: Avalanche 10:45 AM
    We see ourselves approaching the X-Men's mansion. I don't like to go along with it, but me, Blob, Toad, and Wanda can't take on all of them right now. We best stick to the plan, lead Magneto into a false sense of security.

We finally arrive at the gate to the mansion. Colossus goes metal and rams down the gate. Pietro zooms in, dodging past the security systems. I sigh, still tired of that showboat. Pyro and Gambit are doing there own thing.

The X-Men arrive out there. I grin, the odds have changed. I gather my strength and avalanche Pyro and Gambit. Toad catches Quicksilver off guard with a good kick. Both sides stare at us, and I grin. "Got ya'!" Magneto is going to regret the way he treated us.

2. Mole14

Mole14 New Member

Sorry

Hi guys, sorry i havent done much for a while, i've been really busy, but im gonna try to get some more posts in when it suits my character, thanks!

Spyke signing off

3. Dark_Angelus_18

IC: Wolverine

To: King of the Blind

Thanks for the Jet. What I wanna know is why she has a shield serial number tattooed on her arm; Why she was left in that abandoned base; Why has Shield started taking up the cause of studying mutants? Leave helping the mutants to Chuck. I know he has their best interests at heart and if you don't, Patch will help remove that other eye for you.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man shall be king. You may have an army behind you in the little kingdom shield set up for you, but nothing will stop me from popping a claw in you if I find out that Shield is still using Mutants as weapons.

Patch out

I feel my blood boil, watching the little envelope spin as the message is sent. The half there ghosts of a past I don't remember, strokes at the heart of the beast inside me. My fist slams into the table top and I watch as broken pieces of wood fall to the floor. I have to retract my claws before I do anymore damage to the table. I open the window and jump out, sprinting towards the woods as the images in my head get more and more vivid, driving the beast inside to a frenzy. I run on pure instinct letting the beast drive me as I can feel the searing metal being grafted to my bones all over again.

I run silent as a ghost, not feeling the tree branches as they slap over my skin, and emerge in a stump riddled clearing with a Japanese temple in the middle. The beast loses its anger and an eerie calm settles over me. I could never stay mad here she was always there to calm the berserker inside of me.
    "Mariko They are doing it again. They are trying to control us and use us. They up the risk factor that we represent then hate and distrust us because they made us this way. Chuck is doing everything he can but some of us aren't even that lucky. Magster has taken Cyclops, Rogue won't ever know what it is like to touch another living person without nearly becoming them if not killing them. We just had a new girl who pops claws, shoots eye beams, talks to chuck on his level, and can only mutter the words Mimi Cries over and over again. Not too mention she has the serial number on her arm, that if we hadn't found her, would have ended her life as a military pawn. NO one deserves to go the way I did. It isn't right or fair. What's the world comin to darlin'? What's the world coming to?

I walk back into the mansion slowly letting all this sink in. The sick feeling inside my stomach unwilling to go away. I get inside and send a message to Rogue asking her to meet me when she gets back in. I head to the danger room and turn the safety setting off and start the hardest program we had going. I just wish we could get something more challenging. I let the adrenaline take over, and start the exercise as I wait for Rogue to contact me.

4. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

OOC: You know in the X-Men Movie when Xavier says that Magneto helped him build Cerebro? Can we say that happened in evo continuity?

5. Animation Otaku

OOC: I don't have any problems with that happening, if everyone else is fine with it.

6. Dark_Angelus_18

I have no problem with it either

7. rapper

rapper Look at me eye to eye

same here. maybe they did made cerebro together in the original comics

8. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I am sorry to inform you all but I will be withdrawing from this RPG. There really hasn't been anyone who has approached me to do anything with them other than S. Kyle, but it appears she has other things on her plate so because of some time restrains that will be soon occuring, I am quiting this RPG.

9. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

OOC: I'll try to get a post up in the next couple days, but what I do wonder is...where is everyone?

~Selena~

10. Animation Otaku

I've been wondering the same thing, I hope everyone didn't drop out.

11. The Detective

OOC: I myself have been wondering where everyone is. This has been a good RPG up till now.

12. AceOfKnaves

IC: Epoch

10:17am

I'm thrown back in a painful burst, the world around me fuzzing in and out of focus as I try and recall what exactly I was thinking by sticking my nose in the middle of this.

For some reason the ability to move quickly is lost to me right now, images I can't quite make out bending down to lift me from the grass and carry me somewhere...I'm not sure.

I try to mumble something to them, but am silenced by the blackness that creeps over my eyes.

10:30am

I open my eyes, the ceiling above me fairly familiar. I've been here once already today. The medical room in this place smells like some kind of clinic...it actually is making me sick to my stomach.

I sit up, rubbing the soreness out of my joints as I gaze around me, my eyes falling on a girl directly across from my bed.

She smiles at me, her eyes suddenly clouding over with black, and her hands reaching for me. Oh my god...she has...

I shriek out in pain, the blue light circling me in giant swirls of energy.

What the...?

I can feel my joints jerk and mold, shifting in the powers released by this girl's fingertips...by MY power.
    I reach out my right hand, counteracting her in a last desperate attempt to save my life.

It's no good, my left side is still aging...

I tear myself from the bedtop, running as fast as the pain will permit me, into the hallway outside of the room.

It stopped.

I shake uncontrollably, the urge to vomit the most apparent to me at the moment. What the hell did she just do to me?
    My entire left side burns, the feeling of death creeping through me. If I make it out of this okay, I'll kill her...

Rubbing the back of my left hand, I glance downwards, my breath catching in my throat at what I see.

Blue dots...on my left hand...

I take a deep breath, letting the massive possibilities of this situation sink in.

I've evolved.

13. The Detective

OOC: I'll try and have a Magneto post up soon. Though with my new partner gone missing....

IC: Nick Fury

10:20

My hand top computer beeps as a new e-message has been recieved. Who would be sending me messages on a secure account? I'm not expecting anything..

To: King of the Blind

Thanks for the Jet. What I wanna know is why she has a shield serial number tattooed on her arm; Why she was left in that abandoned base; Why has Shield started taking up the cause of studying mutants? Leave helping the mutants to Chuck. I know he has their best interests at heart and if you don't, Patch will help remove that other eye for you.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man shall be king. You may have an army behind you in the little kingdom shield set up for you, but nothing will stop me from popping a claw in you if I find out that Shield is still using Mutants as weapons.

Patch out

Patch. What does he think he's doing? I know nothing about mutant experimentation but even if I did that's none of his business.

The helicopter continues on. I try and forget the message, block it out with other things. Why do I always have to have a soft spot for mutants? I lean over to the helicopter pilot and shout in his ear.

"Change cours. Head to Area 51."

He nods and makes the correct adjustments. If anyone will know about this it will be those guys are Area 51.

OOC: Short and sweet but I think Fury has about outlived his usefullness to me.

14. Animation Otaku

OOC: I'll have a post up eventually, but would anyone mind if I took over Mr. Sinister?

15. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: Sorry I've been gone, but I'm back! I'm back![​IMG]

IC: Pyro
    10:45 AM (what day is it?)

We're launching an attack on the X-Men. As I shoot out the first flame from my flame thrower, I'm full uf exhilaration. I'm in my elemant now. -FWOOSH- one of the security bots go up in flames- and another.

The X-Men start to come start their attack. I shoot out more flames, and as I'm conjuring up a huge fire monster to attack them with, Avalanche makes an earthquake under Gambit and me.

I loose my footing and fall to the ground. I'm loosing my concentration, and the fire starts to flame out of control. "This is not good" I say. The fire continues to go out of control as I become more worried. Avalanche still attacking me doesn't help either.

Jean seems to put up some kind of barrier, giving me time to get my head together. I then put out the fire, and decide to keep her safe for the rest of the battle out of thanks.

Everything is ok, but I make sure to stay out of Avalanche's way. I don't understand why everyone doesn't seem to want to fight for Magneto. At least Colossus tries.

I focus on the battle again. I start shooting fire at what's-his-name, Spyke. I know it's not right to hurt people, but I can't help myself. I start to feel the excitement of battle once more. I keep reminding myself of my goal. "Remember what Magneto promised you," I keep telling myself.

OOC: I'll do Nightcrawler later 'cause I have to go now.

16. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: As a mod I'm setting such a bad example. Obviously school comes first, and this was my first year of college and all. Just got through my first week of vacation, and before that was dealing with finals for two weeks. As for the rest of my time went, with school and work aside, there is the matter of my father in the hospital...going on three months. 'nuff said there. Anyhoo, how many people are still interested in continuing this RPG?

IC: Jean Grey

10am or so. just fit it in somewere

God will this day never end?...and it's not even noon. Without a moment's thought I find myself helping Pyro as the flames he generated begin to race out of control. I think he just winked at me too....eck. I sigh inwardly, trying to do what I can to prevent the onslaught coming from Magneto's group. Where are you Scott? I need you...we all need you. Even in the middle of fighting I can't keep my thoughts focused on anything except Scott. What did Magneto do to him? Where did he take him?

"Scott, please...where are you?"

I find myself quitely asking aloud. I levitate for a bit as Avalanche goes a bit overboard with his powers against the others. I'm still trying to make sense of all of this. It's like half of Magento's group has gone against the other half...so now they're on our side? momentarily at least from the looks of it. Getting rather confusing to figure out just who is on who's side. I shove my muddled thoughts to the side and focus my attention back to the present matter, erecting an invisible barrier just as Colossus makes a run at Kitty and me.

17. Animation Otaku

OOC: Me still interested.

IC: Avalanche
    10:50 AM
    I pant heavily. The odds are in our favor but I'm still getting quite the work out. I've made a bunch of earthquakes already and I'm feeling a bit drained. I decide to let Wanda take care of Pietro. She seems to be putting her powers to good use against that arrogant little boy. Colossus is charging towards two of the X-Men including Kitty. I gasp, I can't let her get hurt.

"Blob!" I shout out at the oversized member of our team. He charges in front of Colossus, who bounces right off of him.

He grins. "No One Stops The Blob!" He proclaims. I sigh in relief and help Kitty and Jean get away from Colossus. Unfortunately that smarty pants Cajun Gambit catches me by surprise. I gulp, he has a whole deck charged up.

18. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: Me too! I'm still in!!! But at the moment I'm a little irritated because I had written almost a whole post for pyro and was going to have a Nightcrawler one, when I left for a while, and thanks to my mom, All of it is gone now, and I don't really remember what I wrote. Anyway I'll post later.

EDIT(June 3): I realize that it has been over a week since I posted this. I had forgotten about it, then became busy with other things, now I need more time to post, 'cuz I 4got even more of what I was gonna post.

#98 Pyro, May 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2003
  19. AceOfKnaves

OOC: I'm still trying to be alive. ;)

IC: Epoch

11:00am

I don't know how I managed to once again find my way outside, but when I get there, I wish I'd just stayed downstairs.

One that can harness the power of fire, another that can teleport...wow, quite the bunch we have here.

I walk slowly towards them, mustering up as much energy as I can....time to try out my new strength.
    A large man sheeted in organic metallic like material, begins another charge at two of Xavier's kids.

Show time.

I reach my hands outwards, sighing out of almost amazement at how easily the energy flows from my fingertips. If I had known aging my hand would've given me the ability to endure, and relish in my powers...I so would've done it years ago.

The huge mutant falls to the ground screaming in pain, his facial features very slowly starting to sag with age. I've never had this much control...never.

"Enough." I speak loudly and clearly so everyone can hear me. It only takes a minute or two for all eyes to fall on me. "First, I'd like to point out that the first person to even blink the wrong way will experience pain far worse than this mammoth right here. If you don't believe me...please...try it. And second, I want someone to explain to me who's who, and what the hell's going on."

No one steps forward or says anything for a short while, but gasps from a few of the kids on the lawn cause me to look down at my victim. Whoops...too much power...hehe.
    I ease up, looking back at the crowd and finally pointing at someone to explain it to me.
    "The guy with the fire....what's you're name?"

He doesn't look like he's wanting to cooperate, but a small scream from his friend convinces him otherwise.
    "Pyro."

I smile,
    "Pyro. All right, Pyro. Are you one of Xavier's?" The dead look on his face pretty much says it all. "I take that as a hell no."

His voice is loud and unshaken. I like him...pretty strong.
    "Magneto."

I release the now pitiful old man.
    "Magneto. Now there's an infamous name..." I pause, cocking my head to the side. "Why?"

It takes him a second to respond.
    "To get you."

Intriguing...facing the quivering mass on the ground, I rapidly return him to his original state. He'll be shaken up for a bit, but fine in five or so.
    "Me, huh?" I glance over at Charles' students. "This fight is over, children. And for the record, the next mutant to use their powers against one another is dust, got me?" I focus back on Pyro. "Take me to him."

I get the picture some of them are shocked..but frankly I don't care. The one chance I get to meet Magneto and I don't plan on passing it up.

"Wait!"
    Someone from behind us yells just before everyone but the fire thrower and myself, stop frozen in their tracks.

I smile slyly at him,
    "Tell me who's coming with us, and I'll let 'em go."

20. SuperBoy

SuperBoy The Legion or Teen Titans?

OOC: Hey just wanted everyone to know that I'm back. Sorry I haven't been posting. I almost got kicked out of collage so I had a lot of stuff to do to stay in that's why I haven posted in a while. But I'll post later today or tomorrow. I got to read up see where everyone left off.

Why does it seem like everyone is going for the nice kind steel giant.

#100 SuperBoy, Jun 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.