1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG X-Men: Evolution RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Barb Gordon, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

X-Men Evolution RPG

Okay! So now we're all set to get this RPG up and running. The current characters that are taken and players for this RPG are as follows:

Barb Gordon: Jean Grey
    The DarkKnight: Magneto, Nick Fury
    SuperBoy: Colossus
    Selena Kyle: Epoch (Custom Character)
    The Venom: Proff. Xavier
    rapper: Cyclops
    Pyro~ManiacX: Pyro, Nightcrawler
    Blackheart: Mystique
    Storm: Storm
    Animation Otaku: Avalanche

If you're interested in joining this RPG, just PM myself or one of the other RPG Board Mods for more information. So, let's get this RPG up and going!

~Barb

2. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

OOC: How's 6am for everyone? All right, this isn't that long, but I'll get more up later. Let's get this thing started, shall we? :)

IC: Epoch

6:00am

I wake, the thoughts of last night filtering back into my consciousness. Why did I go through with it? I had once promised myself I would never sink to their level.
    Yawning I pull enough oxygen into my brain to open my eyes, absentmindedly staring ahead of me. I hate morning.

I flip the covers off and take a look around, the room around me pale and dreary. It's walls are bare and unfurnished, at the moment just as visibly empty as I feel within myself. Fitting if you ask me.

The small bathroom in the right hand corner of the room carries signs of aging in and on it's exterior. It's pearl colored paint job had pealed and browned through the years, the tiles of the shower on the far wall almost black with lime and mildew.
    Ignoring it's flaws, I slip out of my pajamas and twist the hot nozzle on the far left, letting the water warm on my fingertips. If I had the time for it, I'd stay in the shower for hours at a time.

I quickly build up a good lather of shampoo, letting soap filled brown hair curl around my hands as I massage my scalp.
    Shutting my eyes as I rinse off, I almost drift back into slumber, last night ending for me only an hour and twenty minutes before this very moment. One thing's for sure, I'll sleep sound tonight.

Popping the silver switch back down, I let the tub faucet run for a moment while I reach for the nearest clean towel, the blue material feeling extremely comforting on my face as I wipe away the drops of tap water.
    After shutting off both hot and cold handles, I dry off, standing in front of the mirror and hating the image that reflects back at me.

From a small black duffle bag on top of the toilet, I pull a small case with two containers, opening them carefully as I place it on the counter top. My index finger gently lifts the lens from the liquid, covering the only feature on my body I'm afraid of. As a child I was beaten at school, all the others saying devastating things to a young girl that had no knowledge of who, no...WHAT she was. Now I know, and the terror inside of me has only grown with each passing day. I'm a freak.
    Blinking vigorously, I lean in towards the glass, making sure green is purely visible. Repeating the process with the other eye, I take a step back, surveying the authenticity of my contacts. Perfect, the black is hidden exceptionally well behind these, I'll have to remember this company when these wear out.

Heading out of the dingy bathroom, I tiptoe to the closet, not knowing who I might awaken in this cheap apartment complex if I step too loudly. Silently grabbing my things I slip out the door, making a mental note to search for a new place to live while I was out and about today.

6:29am

I stand at the edge of the corner, staring straight ahead of me, my heart pounding violently in my ears. I've been training for this, and I'm ready....I think....

I hold out my hand, concentrating with all the energy I could force from within me.
    The heat is almost unbearable as it rips from my fingers, sending off a blinding blue light that only I can see.

There's a loud noise that reminds my memories of air funneling through a long, darkened tunnel, then silence. Nothing but the sound of the gasps escaping from my heaving abdomen. I need to hurry.

All around me is still quiet, everyone oblivious to the power just enforced upon them. The earth is at a stand still, and I'm relishing every moment.
    Stumbling, I run for what I was told to retrieve, grabbing the briefcase and sprinting blindly for a moment or two before everything around me begins to swirl. Large gusts blow my hair into unflattering knots, reasserting time back onto it's proper course.

I lean against a brick wall, trying to pick up the pace as I hear shouting from behind me. I have to get this to my source before 7, or the deals off.

#2 AceOfKnaves, Jan 20, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2003
  3. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: Oh, I'm so proud! My baby is growing up so fast! :p But seriously, thanks to you guys for supporting my idea, of which I wasn't sure if it would ever launch. Though I am not really part of this RPG yet due to procrastination, (DARN YOU, YOU EVIL PROCRASTINATION! :mad: ) I have sent a PM th Barb so I hope too join soon! :D
    On a side note, Selena, could you give a thorough description/profile of your character? I'd like to draw her so everyone can get an idea of what she looks like.

4. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

IC: Magneto
    6:29 AM

Like a great wave my magnetic energy advances along the earth's magnetic field. I must destroy the Global Communications and Computer System Defense Satellite Dish. (GCCSDSD) The only way that I can access the computer systems that I need to is if this Dish is destroyed. I move my magnetic wave along, until...

"What!"

My wave, traveling along the very magnetic field of the earth has met a disturbance. What could disrupt the very magnetic field of the earth?

I break my concentration and look at my global monitoring system.

"Close up of the United States."

Fascinating. The very magnetic field has been warped around a perticular area. I can't tell for sure but it looks the time continuum has been disrupted as well. I will investigate this at a later date. Right now the satellite must be destroyed.

I lift my wave off the earth as it can not go forward because of the disturbance if it is on the ground. I move it forward rapidly. Time is important. Aaaah, I can feel it. I have reached my target. Utilizing my vast power I send destructive pulses of magnetic energy along my wave directly aimed at the satellite. It will be a smoldering piece of scrap tin.

IC: Nick Fury
    6: 31 AM

"Director! Director Fury!"

I cram my cigar back in my mouth and turn around.

"Well, what is it?"

"Sir the GCCCSDSD it receiving highly dangerous amount of interference. We believe it may be magnetic. But it won't last much longer."

I grind my teeth on my cigar. And people say that they aren't healthy for you. They're great stress relievers.

"Hell. If that Dish is destroyed is could compromise our entire computer system. Power up our backup security systems. Find the source of the interference and have a Excalibur level strike team ready to go."

"Yes sir."

Damn it. Magnetic interference. This better not be what I think it is.

5. rapper

rapper Look at me eye to eye

OOC: 6 am is great and i'll be using it to start mine. this is my first posting i hope it's ok

IC: CYCLOPS

I stand alone in the middle of a large room as I check my gear. Boots, pads, and visor all check.

“Begin Danger Room training program level 8”

A piece of the floor open up, from it came 5 androids with some sort of weapon attached on its arm. The 5 androids began firing at me, and I manage to dodge each shot. I fire an Optic blast on the first one taking its head off, roll, and began to run to the left as the others shoot at the space behind me where I have been. I shot another beam to the left shoulder of the rightmost android, making it spin clockwise, making it shoot 2 androids before another optic blast from me destroyed it. A high pitch sound came from behind, kind of like the sound of a weapon initializing. I turned, and saw the fifth android as it fires a beam straight to me, but I manage to fire another beam to intercept it. The two beams met in the middle, neither one giving an inch to the other. I summon all available strength and blasted to it, pushing the beam to the android until my beam melted the android to a smoking patch of metal. A speaker squawk to life.

“X-men meet me in the computer room Cerebro detected a mutant activity.”

I dashed outside towards a closed door and it opens before I hit it. You would just love those automatic doors.

6. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

IC: Day 1 (we should put a random month)

Jean Grey

I stretch leisurely as I awake...floating.
    "ohh not again!"
    I say half asleep. It's got to be about the tenth time I've woken up like this. I've gotten used to it, but still, it is a bit trippy when your subconscious levitates you in your sleep! Settling myself down onto the ground I tidy up my bed and proceed to get ready for the day. Glancing at the clock on the bedside table I can already figure that Scott's in the training room already - he's gone there as early as 4 in the morning some days. Today, besides breakfast, I'm working on some levitation excerises with Professor Xavier before class. I slightly cringe at the thought of the huge exam I've got later today at school. Tossing my backpack up onto the bed to grab later I head out, changed and washed, to the kitchen.

---6:30am---

Breakfast went fine, despite Kurt's usual habit of popping up midair over my head just to grab some orange juice before popping off again that is. The news was uneventful, moreso because there weren't any mutant stories popping up. Sometimes what the news gathers is so far fetched and ridiculous it's somewhat painful and amusing to listen to. I push my chair away from the table and head over to the sink to put my dishes away. Glancing at my watch I can see that I've got just enough time to meet with Professor Xavier before heading off to--

“X-men meet me in the computer room, Cerebro detected a mutant activity.”

...or not. Hurridedly putting my dishes away I jog out of the kitchen and for the meeting room. There went the uneventful morning.

7. AceOfKnaves

All OOC:

Actually Pyro, I'm already half way through a sketch of her. :) But I can give you a bio.

Current Name: Epoch
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 130lbs
    Hair color: Dark Brown
    Eye color: Black

History: Unable to remember her birth given name, at the age of seven she searched for a word that would fit her abilities. Epoch, meaning memorable event, era or time, spent most of her childhood jumping to and from several foster homes, the adults who cared for her terrified of what she could cause.

Running away from her home in Georgia, Epoch trained loyally for several years, tuning her mind enough to control her ability to shift time. After many attempts, she discovered that aside from stopping, slowing, or accelerating time, that she could also reverse it, though the only time she tried to master reliving time frames, she was nearly killed.

Her powers are extremely stressful to her physical structure, and she cannot hold large areas in the time rip for too long. Though she has not achieved wide spread use of her mutant power, when she concentrates on single objects she is able to hold them captive for several hours.

Her appearance is fairly normal, aside from few details that prove her birthright.
    Her hair is a dark brown shade, long and usually found flowing and in her face.
    Both her irises are black and specially tuned to see certain things, for example, the blue light from her powers, or the aura of other mutants.
    The fingertips on her right hand are riddled with small, sky blue dots, the conductors of the energy released from her body when she uses her skills.

Fighting has never been one of her strong points, instead she escapes her foes by swift sprints, and acrobatic feats ranging from climbing to flipping.

Though she usually is hired by people or mutants on the wrong side of the law, Epoch herself is not partial to either side, helping only when it is convenient for herself.

8. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: Aww, Selena, are you gonna post it here or on the drawing board, Would you mind if I took a crack at it anyway?

IC: Day 1 (how about this month? January?)
    Nightcrawler
    6:05 AM

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
    I, half asleep, fumble around trying to turn off my alarm. Stupid alarm. I don't wanna get up yet but I do anyway. As I get ready, I look foward to seeing Amanda at school. Then I look in the mirror. I realize that I can't keep hiding forever, it makes me feel like I'm betraying my friends. But it is really nice, to be accepted. Anyway, I grab my inducer and my backpack and 'port to the kitchen.

6:30 AM

As I teleport around the table Jean looks at me as if slightly annoyed. Hmm. I wonder why. I make sure not to fill myself up at breakfast so that I can make a stop to get a burger bomb before school. Then I remember I didn't finish my math homework so I get it and turn to Kitty and ask for help on a few problems. I would have had time to finish it but our fight with the Brotherhood yesterday left me worn out. Just before I finish, Prof. X Calls us. I'm guessing we're gonna have to stop another global threat. I wish that one of the new recruits can take my place because I don't think I can afford to be late to school again. I pop in to see what all the hubbub is about.

9. The Detective

OOOC: All right I've posted a full date, does it work for everybody?

IC
    Monday January 27 6:57

Magneto

It is done. The Dish has been destroyed. And now no computer system is safe from my system. I abondened my base twenty minutes ago. When the strike force arrives they will find nothing.

I look at the monitors. This is a new base and I must be sure that everything is in working order.

I turn around at a noise. My followers have arrived as ordered. Excellent. They file in one by one. Collossus, Gambit, and Pyro. Now to give them my orders.

"Time is of the essence so I must be brief. I have reason to beleive that a powerful mutant activity has occured. Collussus, I want you to go the the Xavier Mansion."

I pause for a moment. The Steel Giant is obviuosly surprised. I hold up a disk.

"I want you to break into the mansion and copy the operation files for Cerebro on this disk. I must have the files for the past seven days at all costs. Aviod confrontation unless absolutely nessacary. Do not, I repeat do no use deadly force. Understood?

"Understood."

He steps forward and takes the disk. I turn to Pyro and Gambit, holding up a GPS.

"On this GPS are the coordinates fow where I beleive the mutant activity has occured. Go the this town and investigate. Do not approach the mutant if you find that there is one. Understood?

"Understood."

They take the GPS and follow Collussus out the door. Stage one has ended with an unexpected bonus. Now on to stage two.

10. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

C : Professor Charles Xavier
    Monday, January 27th 6:31AM

I sit at a large computer, information being poured into me through both my eyes and my brain. The database tries to locate anything to help discover more about this new mutant but it comes up with nothing. My students....my X-Men walk in.

"What is it Professor?"

"A new mutant has used their power and it may cause a major threat unless handled quickly. I have almost no information on her and her mind is very cloudy, Her mutant able to great and she is already causing trouble. Apparently she can bend the very fabric of Time, although her powers have not reached the point of controlling time she must be brought back to us before she goes into the wrong side."

"Yes Professor, but what about school?"

I have already contacted the Principal, it has been taken care of but you must hurry. I have already started the X-Jet..."

11. SuperBoy

SuperBoy The Legion or Teen Titans?

Colossus
    Monday, January 27th 7:10

I left with my orders. The first thing I would do is first check out the Mansion before I go just breaking in. I started to think of all the possibly that could happened on my way to the mansion. "How powerful can this mutant be if he wants me to break in the mansion? He must be pretty powerful. My orders are to break in and that's what I'll do.

OOC: Sorry for the short post. But well have much more when I post agian.

12. AceOfKnaves

IC: Epoch

January 27th 7:04am

"Perfect, my dear." He pauses, eyeing me strangely before snapping his fingers at one of his assistants, "What are you waiting for? The payment?"

An envelope slides from across his desk, fitting perfectly in my hand as I stop it's course of falling to the ground.
    I pull out what's inside, running it instantly through my fingers.
    "You're short."

He smiles idiotically. "It's a small fee that I had no choice but to take from your final cut."

I glare at him, "Fee?"

He nods, "You're late. We had an agreement."

The clock behind him says that it's five past seven, "You've got to be kidding."

His hand rests on the briefcase, drumming his gnawed on nails over the leather. He's nervous, I can see it in the perspiration on his forehead.
    "I'm sorry my dear. Perhaps next time you'll be punctual."

I smile, "Yes, perhaps I will." My hand extends in front of me, a look of satisfaction frozen on his face as the room flashes and swirls.

My hand wraps around the handle of the briefcase, pulling it from his grasp, not that he could stop me now anyway.
    I pat his shoulder, "Nice doing business with you."

Opening the window, I leap out, running as swiftly as I can down the fire escape and onto the street.
    Rubbing my chest, I release them from their time bonds, staggering back in the direction of my apartment.

7:10am

I plop down on my bed, taking long, deep breaths, trying to slow my heart beat. All my training was apparently for nothing. Why?! Why can't I freeze more than one person without feeling like this? My left arm begins to ache, something it always does when I put too much strain on my heart.

I clutch my wrist, ignoring the burning from my left fingertips. I have too much to do to worry about this right now.
    He's looking for me, trying to search out my mind, and if I'm not careful, he'll find me. The last thing I need is him or his cronies on my tail, I won't make that choice again.

I shut my eyes, clearing my head. Now is not the time for this, I have to rest up for whatever he's sent for me.

13. rapper

IC: Cyclops

January 27th 6:35am

I saluted Professor Xavier and left leading my teammates. I head to the hangar I can’t help to shake my head while looking at my hand that saluted the professor, all the others behind me are trying not to laugh but failing miserably. Now that I think about it, I think I saw a smile of the professor’s face. Why did the professor made me team leader I don’t know. Jean is much more mature in thinking than I am gonna be, she also have a much more powerful mutant ability.

I’m standing by the entrance of the X-jet as one by one they boarded. Last to board is Jean when I remembered something and held her off.

“I think you must stay, something is not right and I don’t want to leave the Professor alone while Logan and Aurora is off in another mission. Promise me you would call if anything happen.”

“Yes Sir!” she said as she saluted me and marched towards the hangar door.

The others in the X-jet heard it and all started laughing their socks off. With a groan, I just bowed my head and went up the ladder and in to the cockpit.

I went to all the preflight checks and everything is ok for takeoff.

“You’re cleared for takeoff” Prof. X said through my head set.

I pushed the lever for the throttle and I was pushed back as the sudden acceleration of the X-jet. We continued to build speed, the end of the runway suddenly opened before we shoot through it and off to meet a new ally or foe.

#13 rapper, Jan 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2003
  14. The Detective

IC
    Monday January 27 7:26
    Magneto

My followers have left with their orders. While I wait for them to return I shall begin Stae Two. Collussus must not fail. THe operating files for Cerebro will tell me the exact location of the mutant, the exact nature of the mutatn activity, and other important data.

It may be too late. Xavier has almost certainly sent his X-Men to investigate. But that could aid Collussus. Without the X-Men he will have few foes to face.

I turn to my computer.
    "Begin Stage two. Begin Global Computer Information Search and Retrieve System.

"System complying. Search and Retrieve System beginning startup."

excellent. And when I am done, no one, not even Xavier will be able to stop me.

15. SuperBoy

SuperBoy The Legion or Teen Titans?

OOC: Sorry for writing out of character. But I have a question. I just want to make sure I have this right before I post. Is Jean and Xavier the only people at the mansion?

16. The Detective

OOC: No, Logan (Wolverine) is there too. Ah, you're planning you break in, your master is pleased.

17. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

IC: Pyro
    January 27, 7:10 A.M.

Magneto's got us going on another mission. This time we're supposed to be looking for a possible powerful mutant who might be interfering with his plans; not that I know what his plans are exactly. He told Remy and me to keep a low profile so we had changed into our civilian clothes and headed towards the location of the mutant in one of Magneto's cars.

I took the GPS and Gambit drove. "I wonder what the mutant will look like." I say.

"let's hope it's not a giant monster about to terrorize the city. We can do without more bad publicity." Remy repies.

As we approach the town I notice that the mutant signiture was moving kind of fast and in our direction. After a while, though, it seemed to have settled down. I direct Gambit to the location and it led us closer and closer to the mutant. I had been keeping my eyes peeled for any thing that looked odd but to no avail. But in case it is a dangerous mutant and it comes after us, we have our uniforms in the trunk.

We get out of the car at what seems to be somewhere very close to the mutant. We decide to continue the search on foot. I look around carefully for the mutant as to return a positive report to Magneto, but Remy doesn't seem that interested. Then the GPS beeps. I hadn't checked it in a while but I check it now and see that a large group of mutants is heading towards us and is very close. "Hey Remy, we got trouble." I say.

"The X-Men?" he asks.

But before I can answer, A large black jet appears in the sky and lands on one of the buildings in the distance.

"We'd better make this quick," I say,"or Magneto won't be happy."

18. rapper

OOC: sorry but i told in my last post that logan(wolverine) and aurora(storm) is off in a mission, but they can't be counted out cause they could return anytime (even before colossus attacks if you like). and yes jean and the proffesor are the only ones in the mansion. i'll make my post later.

19. The Detective

OOC: Oh, sorry. I could have sworn that you said that Arura was on another mission. Oh well, with just the Prof. and Jean it'll be all the easier for Colussus to have a suucessful mission.

20. rapper

IC: Cyclops
    January 27th 7:13 A.M.

I landed the X-jet on the rooftop of an abandon building. I hope they don’t start tearing it down while it’s up there. I’m the first to disembark and look for signs that we are detected. When I was sure that no one is there, I called for them to come down and they all formed in a semicircle with me on front.

“Ok guys, keep your eyes peeled for anything unusual. We don’t know who he or she is and what he or she can do. Alright, lets go!”

They all stand on attention, saluted and said, “YES SIR!” and then all marched towards the roof’s door leaving me with my head down. I guess they’ll never give me a break.

We went to the location of the last mutant activity and start looking there. It’s highly unlikely that whoever he or she is would be still there, but what can we do. The location is a 2-story building, according to the elevation of the reading Cerebro got, it must be a room in the 2nd floor. We went in until we found ourselves outside a room with a big looking guy. I motioned on rogue and she ran towards him. She took the man by surprise and touched him before he could draw his gun. I covered her every movement, ready to fire if he reached for his gun. I opened the door and we entered an office like room. There in the middle of the room is a desk, and sitting behind it looks like the boss and he looks mad about something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.