1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

X-Men: Evolution Hits YTV Canada!!

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 28, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

For all you X-FANS out there!! YTV has officially announced that the hit Kids'WB! show X-Men: Evolution will begin to air on the youth network beginning on Saturday, September 15th. For the whole scoop. hit the newsboard!

2. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

And this is a good thing?

3. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

Hey man :mad: Some of us don't get Fox, or WB, or Cartoon Network and have to make do with YTV. And last year, their top-notch quality shows included Pokemon, Digimon, Jetsons, Flinestones, and Yvon of the Yukon.

Speaking of which, what's up with that? Their Sat am mornings used to have Xmen and Spiderman, and now they have Jetsons and Flinestones. Paranoid executives?

4. James Harvey

Don't worry - YTV will be altering their weekend line-up for the fall. I guess if yer an X-FAN than it's a good thing. The show isn't 100% bad, and is watchable at times. It is better then some of the stuff YTV has on (like that Yvon of the Yukon show). I should know anytime no any new shows coming to YTV.

5. Fish

Fish Danish Dynamite

Sounds cool although I don't get YTV. But I also heard that X-men evo is coming to CN? Can anyone tell me what that is about?

<>< F I S H ><>

6. Mr. Obsession

Well according to the news page, one ep of X-Men:Ev ("Grim Reminder") will be airing on CN, in a Friday night kidsWB promotional slot.

Yes X-Men:Ev isn't that bad -- at times. My major problem isn't with the fact that they took the characters and made them into teens, it's the way the handled the characters. They took out the outcast factor that the comics had and made the X-Men the popular kids at school. In this series I have more sympathy for the Brotherhood.

Then there's Kitty, I hate the dialog they gave her. :mad:

Have to say something nice about the series: I do like the animation.

7. James Harvey

Yeah, the whole "mutant outcast" thing is sorta ruined by all of them being popular. Boyd Kirklanbd says he is going to blur those lines some, so hopefully that will work out.

8. Mr. Obsession

I heard that too. And the other day I was flipping channels and came across a promo for season 2, it had the Brotherhood reveal to the school that the X-Men were mutants.

Looks like season 2 could be an improvement over season 1.

9. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Yay! that is good news! :)

10. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Not bad. I've only seen one episode and it wasn't that bad. I'll check it out when it hits YTV.

Mr. Eye

11. Nightflower

Well, I've heard X-men: Evolution is not that great, but I'd rather watch that than the crap on YTV right now. Yvon of the Yukon is just terrible.....

12. James Harvey

I don't think this is a bad thing. It is nice to get a halfway decent show on the net. I'm not saying that YTV has terrible shows, but some of them are less than enjoyable. Same with Teletoon.

Season 2 may be cool...

13. Mr. Obsession

Ok, I've got to ask: what is this "Yvon of the Yukon" I keep hearing about?

I remember this CN/What a Cartoon short called "Yonk of the Yukon" which stared this "thing", I can't think of a better way to describe it. Sorry.

14. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Master of the Force

YTV is the worst station in Canada. They used to have some good shows, but for some reason, they just cancel them ALL. First it was Jonny Quest, then Batman Beyond, then Gundam Wing!!!!

X-Men: Evolution seemed kinda weird to me, and I saw a few episodes which didn't really impress me. I'll give it a chance anyway, but I'm still bitter about them dropping Gundam Wing.

15. Nightflower

Yvon of the Yukon is about some dumb, ugly, French guy running around in his underpants in the Yukon. The commercial boasts that he can pick his nose, pee, fart, sniff poo, set other people's asses on fire, and show his (really really ugly red hairy) butt. It's not a "cool" gross-out show like South Park or the usual gross-out movies. It's intelligence is set to young children, I bet they thought "Well, four-year-olds always have their fingers up their noses...they'd get a kick out of this!" Perhaps it would be halfway enjoyable if it was funny, and if he wasn't so damn ugly.

16. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

Eew! Yvon sounds awful! Man....I feel for you guys if you have to watch this. The commerical boasts he does all that junk? Yeah, him and 6 billion other humans!
    Oh, yes, congrats on getting X-Men Evo, though that may not offset the stuff YTV DID cancel. I'm sorry to hear the good shows got canned.

17. James Harvey

YTV has been getting into the gross-out genre with some cartoons, same with Teletoon. But Teletoon has more good stuff to balance it out. I never did like YTV that much, and I prefer Teletoon over it - which is why I'm hoping JL goes to Teletoon.

But YTV does have Buffy...

18. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

NOOOOOOO! YTV works for me. In my area I only catcth Teletoon in french. I am in no mood to watch JLA in french, especially with the stupid voices they find to dub the original actors. so YTV is the only channel that in convinient for me. Or I might consider moving to another area so i can catch the englis version of Teletoon. Better yet ...buy a satellite(sp?).
    Yeah right! As if that is going to happen any time soon!:D :rolleyes:

Forgive my spelling!....:D It,s been a long day for me.:D :D :D

19. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

I used to watch YTV all the time a few years ago. But now I don't like practically all of its shows. Teletoon is much better.

Mr. Eye

20. Nightflower

Yeah, I'm really confused. They DID show things like X-men, Spiderman, Batman Beyond, Max Steel, ReBoot, Beast Wars, Shadow Raiders....but now almost everything they show is not "superhero"-related at all. Like in their after-school lineup, they show(ed?) Hey Arnold and Rugrats...Rugrats is okay, but it's very sitcom-ish, you know? And of course, old things like Rocky and Bulwinkle, Jetsons and Flinstones....is there a reason for that?