X-Men: Evolution "Ascension, Parts 1 & 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Oct 18, 2003.

?

Rate and Comment On This Season Finale!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

25.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

#201 dmxx116, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2010
  2. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I'll have to check this out when I get done watching Season's 1-3 on DVD.

Of course, if a lot of people watch the Season 4 episodes online, maybe it will tell Marvel and whoever owns the distribution rights right now that people would like to see the season on DVD.

3. ifthismeansevos

ifthismeansevos It's been a while.

From official Marvel youtube account.

MARVEL (20 hours ago)
    Season 4 of X-Men: Evolution coming soon!

:):D
    I hope this means the coming Monday because the last episode was uploaed on August 4.

oh and hopefully it means the constant DVD quality we have been seeing so far.

4. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

"Dark Horizon part 2" was uploaded two days ago, on August 13th, not August 4th.

Anyway, it's great to hear that they'll be covering the final season!

5. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I just finished this two part episode and boy, when you place it next to the Apocalypse episodes from the 90's series, it was a yawner to get through. What happened in Season 4 of X-Men Evolution with the Apocalypse stories? The writing quality on the Apocalypse Season 4 episodes seemed to be on par with the writing quality in Season 1. I think Ghost of a Chance was a better Series Finale than Ascension, Parts 1 & 2.

The Apocalypse from X-Men Evolution looked like he could've come from the Batman Beyond series with all the power lines or whatever those were suppose to be on his body. But, even though I didn't like a Apocalypse that much in the 90's show, I don't think the Apocalypse from XE was better.

Rating: 0.5 out of 5

6. Nygma

Nygma Active Member

How about explaining why you feel this way? Even though I heavily disagree with everything you said here, you have yet to explain what was wrong and it sounds like your just whining for the sake of it.

7. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

You aren't able to figure it out that the XE Apocalypse episodes in Season 4 were just plain boring? I watched both parts of Ascension yesterday and even five minutes after I finished I didn't find that anything from the episode stuck in my memory, aside from the future scene. And if you were to ask me what the episode was about, all I would be able to say was: "I saw the episode, but, aside from the end montage about the X-Men in the future, I remember absolutely zilch about the episode."

And considering that the Season 3 finale was building up to a really big storyline in Season 4 involving Apocalypse, aside from the episode with Xavier and Beast watching the pyramids as a subplot (I think it was the Spyke episode) none of the Apocalypse episodes in Season 4 were good, and I wouldn't recommend for anyone to watch them. Infact it was the stand-alone episodes in between that were the best of the season.

8. Nygma

Nygma Active Member

No offense but your in the minority of people who feel this way. IMO this version of Apocalypse is the best incarnation of the character. As the tired "Survival of the Fittest" stuff with him was streamlined in to a more plausible motivation that fits in the world of X-Men. He wants to turn everyone in to mutants (superior beings). And since X-Men as a concept works best when it involves mutants (or vs. humans) and the not the convoluted outer space stuff, I was fine with this.

Yeah you said you found them boring, but you didn't give any reasons WHY you thought they were boring.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just saw these episodes yesterday on On Demand and I thought that it was a pretty good finale. I liked the build-up with Apocalypse nearly winning and increasing the powers of his Horsemen. It was a pretty intense way to end the series. I liked the foreshadowing events for the other characters as well since it also shows how while the series ends, the characters still have struggles and battles ahead for them.

One thing that did confuse me was how Kurt and Rogue refuse to accept Mystique's excuses. I could understand why Rogue felt like that, but I remember Kurt feeling some sympathy for Mystique when she was a statue. Maybe it helps that I didn't see that much of season four at all, but I was just surprised by that reaction.

Overall, I thought that it was a pretty nice finale and it felt like a fairly satisfying conclusion for the series as well.

10. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

When I saw the glimpse of future Rogue flying, I had a fan-gasm. :D

Also, did anyone notice that Wolverine wasn't in any of those flash-forwards?

11. Anwar

Anwar Lord of the Vindaloovians

Yeah, and future Rogue was standing next to Cyclops while Jean wasn't there (though it's rather obvious WHY she's not there).

12. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Great finale. I find it rather funny how the ending of this show makes it seem like it continues into Wolverine and the X-men ignoring some discrepencies.

13. TheAmazingJustin

If only it had...

14. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Was anyone else bothered that Scarlet Witch never got her memories back? This would've been a good opportunity to remind her of Magneto's treatment of her, so that she could really cut loose against him.

Cannonball was the only absent character who really needed to be here. (Though Gambit would've been welcome too, of course...) They should really have included him, even if it had to be at the expense of, say, Berzerker or Magma.

Part 1 was excellent but I don't know if part 2 quite lived up to it. For one thing, there were some strange moments like Kurt's rejection of Mystique (where did that come from?), and there were missed opportunities with certain characters (not only the Scarlet Witch, but also with Colossus, who could've done with a line to explain that his family was no longer in danger or something).

15. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Cannon Ball was there. He was with Rogue and Leech.

16. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Oops, been a while since I watched the whole of "Ascension part 2".

17. TheAmazingJustin

I recall seeing some type of article from Steve E. Gordon that insinuated there were plans to have Scarlet Witch gain her memories back at some point. I believe that the fifth season could have done this.

18. nappy

nappy New Member

stumbled upon this thread and reading all these old post hit me right in the feels!:(:(:(

oh X-Men:Evolution, u certainly managed to create a special bond with some fans.

RIP