X-Men: Evolution "Ascension, Parts 1 & 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Oct 18, 2003.

?

Rate and Comment On This Season Finale!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

25.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Discuss the series finale episode of the fan-favorite X-Men: Evolution animated series!

[​IMG]

X-Men: Evolution
    Episode #51 - Ascension, Part 1
    Original Airdate - October 18, 2003
    Professor Xavier locates Apocalypse in Egypt and upon confronting him, disappears. While Apocalypse unleashes his four horsemen, the X-Men split into four different teams to defeat the deadly foes. To aide the fight, S.H.I.E.L.D. sends in Sentinels to attack the Apocalypse.

Comments?

2. Hyper Shadow X

Hyper Shadow X Lover of Fate-Chan

I wonder if Magneto will show up some how I could be wrong though.

3. wrenchien

wrenchien Active Member

my horsemen, you are needed.

................hold me... @_@

4. MattThomasM2B

MattThomasM2B The End Is Here.

Me first!!

I'm so glad I didn't read Diana's synopsis before this ep aired...

5. Animation Otaku

Animation Otaku Active Member

Eh, I wish it was Angel rather than Storm, and I want some explanations to why Mystique is alive, but other than that, the Horsemen are pretty good.

6. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

Apoc couldn't have chosen a finer lot to be his Horsemen
    Xavier: the most powerful telepath on Earth
    Magneto: the master of magnetism
    Storm: the weather witch
    Mystique: the chameleon

this ep was off the chain!!!!
    and of course, the Rogue is the wild card...possibly her and Gambit

7. MattThomasM2B

Pfft, if Lance said no to the whole deal, then I wonder why the heck Spyke would agree to fight. He seems to have a lot more reasons to hate humanity than Lance did. This sort of thing should make his freaking day.

8. Animation Otaku

So the Brotherhood aren't going to help other than Wanda? I really hope they aren't trying to write them out entirely. And if they got Colossus, why didn't they search out Gambit and Pyro? Otherwise, great. I can't wait untill next week, it looks to rock, really, really hard!

9. RedBoot

RedBoot GO! Pringer X!

I'm sure Spyke was willing to fight since Apoc took control of Storm.

EDIT: Oh, and let's see if we can list all four teams...there was only one person I didn't recognize, one of the people in Jean's team...couldn't tell if it was Amara, Jubilee, or X23 (probably Amara).

10. Animation Otaku

It might have something to do with an insane mutant killing and now controlling his aunt, but I'm just going out on a limb here. Then again, I wish Spyke hadn't accepted the offer myself.

11. kaine23

kaine23 Gurren Brigade member

Wow, what an ep!

Apoc's new design looks great!
    What a twist on finding out who the new Four Horsemen are!

12. Kesh

Kesh Cute, blue & fuzzy

Finally, Big Blue is back in all his glory. And he made new friends! :D

Must say, I was surprised at his choice of horsemen. Magneto is a good one (though I'm surprised the technology 'took hold' on the master of magnetism... I predict he's the first to break free). Xavier is another, as he's the most powerful telepath on the planet, and it seems Apocalypse has also given him telekinetic abilities.

Storm is another good choice... her control over weather is devastating, as we saw. Mystique is more... interesting. I can't wait to see what new forms she starts taking.

Can't wait for next week's brawl. :cool:

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Active Member

NOw this is what I've been waiting all season to see. This is the best Evolution episode ever!! I will buy the dvds with Ascension on them (if there ever will be any). I knew Mystique wasn't dead, after all, she probably teleported into one of those chambers after she turned to stone, so that was just a cast. And we knew Magneto would be back. Nice twist on how everyone was making jokes about Prof X being a horseman. By the way it seems, this is how it would be:

X - Death
    Magneto - War
    Storm - Famine
    Mystique - Pestilence

Can't wait until next weeks ep, but I hope they don't leave us off with a cliff hanger, otherwise it is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooong wait until Season 5 premiers (next Fall I presume).

14. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

NEWSFLASH: Apocalypse has his subjugated his Aunt (Storm). That's reason enough for Evan to join the cause.

15. Kesh

Kesh Cute, blue & fuzzy

The only team I remember specifically was Cyclops, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

I'm not sure if that was Amara or Dani Moonstar you saw. For continuity, I'm guessing they wouldn't send the new recruit, so likely Amara.

I recognized everybody, just can't remember who all was there. I know Tabitha (Boom-Boom), Angel, Wanda, Spyke and Colossus joined up for this.

And yes, I'm still annoyed that Angel didn't become a horseman. :p

16. MattThomasM2B

Yeah, I sort of heard that the FIRST TWO TIMES. Thanks for playing though.

If he won, Apocalypse probably would just let the four of them go anyway, being he wouldn't have a use for them anymore.

17. Mysterious Saturn

Mysterious Saturn Caught a Lite Sneeze

The hair was definetly brown, so it's not Jubilee. Also, she was wearing the X-Men uniform, so it can't be X23 (thank you GOD). So it must be Magma. It makes sense since Tabitha was there also, and we know how close they are (and I don't mean that in a fem slash way either, so don't take it that way).

Of all the mutants Kitty scrounged up, I'm surprised she couldn't get Danielle. After last week's ep, they seemed to be best friends. That's the one gripe I have with this episode (that and the sparklies again).

Now, who was that with Beast? Cannonball or Havok? They look too similar.

I give this ep a 4.5. Finally a good episode this season that follows up on the Apac storyline.

18. Ssrn53

Ssrn53 Member

Too much of the episode time was wasted on footage of the Horsemen destroying the sentinels. It seemed like they were killing time until the predictable ending of a showdown. I knew about half way through the episode that the ending would be this way. The threat of Apocalypse seems to involve the entire world. I find it somewhat unbelievable that Nick Fury would go to the X-men for help as if they are the only ones who could. The Avengers and others heroes would certainly get involved in some way. Yeah I know it's X-men cartoon but it's not like the other heroes don't exist in their Universe. How about some cameos?

19. Mister Intensity

Mister Intensity Active Member

Interesting choice of Horsemen. Apocolypse picked the four people who provided the moral center of the show, Professor X, Magneto, Mystique, and Storm, to be his Horsemen. Very interesting indeed.

Mister Intensity

20. Animation Otaku

The Avengers don't exist yet. Evolution takes place when Cap is still frozen(as seen in Operation: Rebirth) and there has been no mention of Iron Man or Thor, so logically we're to assume they haven't been founded yet.